Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The completely changed the face of British music and propelled the indie rock scene in to the main stream.  A whole generation of people wanted to dress like them and walk like them.  Their

The greatest quote of all time in the history of music,  "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage? ‘ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.” — Nick Cave

How shit were they? Pub rock. Out Of plastecine Fuck off

2 hours ago, Pablo said:

Get to bed grandad, Liam rocks.

Like him or not, he is massive.

He was exciting for about 2 years in the 90's. Now he's turned into a British version of Dave Grohl. And that's not a compliment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

He was exciting for about 2 years in the 90's. Now he's turned into a British version of Dave Grohl. And that's not a compliment.

That's a bit harsh on Dave Grohl - have you seen that van stories doc, its really good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

That's a bit harsh on Dave Grohl - have you seen that van stories doc, its really good.

I despise Dave Grohl with a passion that can barely be contained 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Reading Balzac,

Knocking back Prozac

It's a helping hand that makes you feel wonderfully blind,

 

I think you need to look at what the song is about

They found a word that rhymes with Prozac

Its not rocket science to know what the song is about

Its still shit 

If we're picking selective lyrics out of songs then there's no defence on Blur for that one 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

They found a word that rhymes with Prozac

Its not rocket science to know what the song is about

Its still shit 

If we're picking selective lyrics out of songs then there's no defence on Blur for that one 

Pass the Prozac,

Designer amnesiac.

10 points if you get it without googling! 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

ok, who do people think are truly groundbreaking acts?

Robert Johnson , Black Sabbath, Culture Club , Sex Pistols , Motorhead , Genesis, The Jam , Hawkwind , The Velvet Underground. 
 

LED Zeppelin 

UB40 

All the above were unique.

But Sabbath created a whole new genre 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Just now, Youri McAnespie said:

Glad you're back, you were missed.

Christ how much have you fucking drunk?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/05/2021 at 16:59, Youri McAnespie said:

How shit were they?

Pub rock.

Out Of plastecine

Fuck off

Late to the conversation. But I agree. Not even close to being the best band out of Manchester at that time. Fair play to them though. They tapped in to a genre and milked the unsuspecting. The 90s was a terrible decade for music.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

They

I'll add in (not including solo artists so no Bowie, Dylan, James Brown, Hendrix, Jackson, Prince, Patti Smith, PJ Harvey, Dre, Kendrick Lemarr etc sadly)

Black Sabbath

Led Zep

Chic

Funkadelic

Orbital

Kraftwerk

Sex Pistols

The Cure

Joy Division

The Ramones

New Order

Happy Mondays

The Clash

The Wailers

Public Enemy

The Birthday Party

The Mother's of Invention

The Pixies

Neutral Milk Hotel

Roxy Music

Fugazi

Black Flag

NIN

MC5s

The Misfits

Pavement

Can

Motorhead

Aerosmith

Blondie

Love

Fleetwood Mac

Loads more - I mean where do you start, I could add Death, King Crimson, Ministry as bands that really push forward or did something different and either became famous in their own right or influenced others

Edit: Daft Punk

 

 

 

 

Couple of things 

It's just Pixies, not The Pixies

What's so good about Happy Mondays? Their biggest hit was a cover, and part of their appeal was a drugged up dancer, I'm not saying they are shit, but they seem out of place in that list 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

They

I'll add in (not including solo artists so no Bowie, Dylan, James Brown, Hendrix, Jackson, Prince, Patti Smith, PJ Harvey, Dre, Kendrick Lemarr etc sadly)

Black Sabbath

Led Zep

Chic

Funkadelic

Orbital

Kraftwerk

Sex Pistols

The Cure

Joy Division

The Ramones

New Order

Happy Mondays

The Clash

The Wailers

Public Enemy

The Birthday Party

The Mother's of Invention

The Pixies

Neutral Milk Hotel

Roxy Music

Fugazi

Black Flag

NIN

MC5s

The Misfits

Pavement

Can

Motorhead

Aerosmith

Blondie

Love

Fleetwood Mac

Loads more - I mean where do you start, I could add Death, King Crimson, Ministry as bands that really push forward or did something different and either became famous in their own right or influenced others

Edit: Daft Punk

 

 

 

 

ABBA

OMD

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

What are you on about?

We come from the land of the ice and snow
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow
The hammer of the gods
Will drive our ships to new lands
To fight the horde, sing and cry
Valhalla, I am coming

I present you with Stairway to heaven... Written by a 7yr old with little imagination. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I present you with Stairway to heaven... Written by a 7yr old with little imagination. 

I was being sarcastic to be fair. When you are 14 and bang into learning guitar, LotR and sulking in your room a lot Led Zep were perfect 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.