Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wetherby races

Anybody know how much it is to get in for a days racing at Wetherby, my daughter is riding there in October in a charity race and I'm looking at getting a mini bus/coach up for friends and family. She rode for Baldings in Newbury 10 years ago and they are sponsoring/supporting her for this, at the moment she's training at Kookash's rehabilitation yard in Knowsley, she's had to raise £2500 for the BHS to get in as well as go through all sorts of tests, 

• 5 months later...

Big day for us tomorrow at Wetherby, daughter is riding in a BHS charity race, 1 mile on the flat, she had to raise £2500 for the BHS Charity to be allowed to enter, then 5 months hard training, ( she is an ex jockey and still shows horses so it wasn't too bad for her), there's about 60 of us going supporting her so should be fun, 29 of us paid £65 for a 2 course meal in the BHS Marquee (posh for me), so hopefully a good day ahead, her horse is called Boy in the Bar which I think is apt

#goteambrown 🙂

6 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Big day for us tomorrow at Wetherby, daughter is riding in a BHS charity race, 1 mile on the flat, she had to raise £2500 for the BHS Charity to be allowed to enter, then 5 months hard training, ( she is an ex jockey and still shows horses so it wasn't too bad for her), there's about 60 of us going supporting her so should be fun, 29 of us paid £65 for a 2 course meal in the BHS Marquee (posh for me), so hopefully a good day ahead, her horse is called Boy in the Bar which I think is apt

#goteambrown 🙂

Best of luck mate. Have a great day

21 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

#goteambrown 🙂

Can't find out much about the race, but the horse has two wins, a second and a third from his last six runs. He likes to be held up for a late run and could be an E/W punt based on form. 

Katie was talking to the trainer today and a jockey from Baldings who rode it to it's last win, he gave her some tips like stay on the rail until after the first bend then move over quickly and stay on the other rail as the ground is firmer, at the end of the day we'll have a good day out and it's an experience for her

13 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

#goteambrown 🙂

I was thinking about going up and would have gone if I had seen this post earlier, the weather forecast put me off. Good luck to your Daughter and have a top day. I am having a little Double on the Big Bite and Stream of Stars.  

Just got home so: she fucking won it, she listened to the people that know it and took heed, she led from the off and with about 100 metres left 2 others challenged her and she fell to third, but she kicked on screamed at the horse and her opponents and won, what a feeling it was seeing that, proud dad

13 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

Just got home so: she fucking won it, she listened to the people that know it and took heed, she led from the off and with about 100 metres left 2 others challenged her and she fell to third, but she kicked on screamed at the horse and her opponents and won, what a feeling it was seeing that, proud dad

Fantastic stuff, must have be a top day for you all. 👏👏👏

On 29/10/2021 at 20:57, athywhite1958 said:

I’ve only just seen this, gutted and buzzing for you all at the same time, I’d of definitely had a flutter 🙂