Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

Horwich

• Moderators
5 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Don't see Sam dropping that low & from the last video I saw of Lennon I doubt he'll be managing anywhere for quite a while. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It would be extraordinary, but the Class of '92 seem happy to splash the cash & Sam is always happy to take it. It won't work & he'll fall out with Rat Boy sooner or later.

I'm more looking forward to them losing interest tbh, maybe getting involved with a post Glazer Stretford & watching them slimk back down to where they came from ... nowhere.

FSA is contracted to WBA next season, I reckon he'd rather have a crack at getting them up, assuming WBA want him and they seem happy enough with him 

As for Hill, was probably the perfect time to appoint him, with nothing to lose, as otherwise he'd have been linked every time we were struggling

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

Sure Lennon was summarising for a match on Radio 5 just last week.

He was on telly summarising whichever Leicester game was on

just remembered; Leicester v Newcastle

Edited by MickyD

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

FSA is contracted to WBA next season, I reckon he'd rather have a crack at getting them up, assuming WBA want him and they seem happy enough with him 

As for Hill, was probably the perfect time to appoint him, with nothing to lose, as otherwise he'd have been linked every time we were struggling

Got a relegation release clause apparently 

FSA wants assurances over money to spend next season before he decides if he wants to stay 

Given the owner won't put money in and just relies on TV money etc to fund the club, there's no guarantees he'll be there 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Got a relegation release clause apparently 

FSA wants assurances over money to spend next season before he decides if he wants to stay 

Given the owner won't put money in and just relies on TV money etc to fund the club, there's no guarantees he'll be there 

Still a better gig than Salford

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Not words I can conjure up to be honest. I mean ... I know each of them & know what they mean, but not put together in that order.p

I know its weird. i have a couple of mates who are proper supporters though and they weren't knobs with me and so i feel for them. he is just a bellend

6 hours ago, Big E said:

Keith hill is an absolute weapon. his interviews have been extra cringeworthy. 

I feel sorry for tranmere though. the man shouldn't be in football end of. absolute balloon 

Feel sorry for Tranmere? Really?

Tranmere are only relevant when we are shit. They are becoming less relevant to me again (good news)

Allardyce would only do Salford for a DOF role and loads of wedge. It would be a sad ending to his career. Can’t see it

3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Considering his lower league experience it wasn’t bad at the time

but the guy is a bellend, bully and a scruff 

Agreed ... both counts.

He joined a traumatised club, already 5 games gone & one point. Add that to the -12 we had been 'awarded', all the embargo constraints, no cash at all and precious few players other than willing kids.

Within 2 days he pulled together a squad & with some interesting talent. Crawford, Chicksen, Emmanuel & Bridcutt were good in the circumstances.

Then they introduced Tobias who tipped all his plans out of the window  let Bridcutt & Chicksen go.

His early energy disappeared & hardly surprisingly. He became increasingly bizarre. We went down, covid & seasons ending uncompleted notwithstanding. We were well rid .... but he wasn't without SOME ability.

The fckrs new club took 6 points from us. Tit.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Yeah. He was a guest on bt sport last week too. Just had a few to many cocktails that one evening.

Bollocks, he looked like he'd been sleeping rough for a month. 

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

He was on telly summarising whichever Leicester game was on

just remembered; Leicester v Newcastle

Did Shearer stamp on him? 😁

5 hours ago, Mantra said:

just listen to this guy

”putting my neck on the line and nobody else’s” pfff 

Listening to this over a year on and it’s even more bizarre than it was at the time. If I recall it was after getting done 2-0 at Rochdale in the pissing rain. 

I’d heard no calls for him to go and there was zero pressure from the stands. 

We had no money and absolutely no expectations. Never will a Bolton manager have such little pressure as the remainder of the 19/20 season. He invited the pressure as a result of these odd rantings.  

There was certainly no one comparing him to Big Sam or Parky.

We weren’t living in the past. We were all fully aware how close we’d come to going out of business, were under an embargo, and started on minus points. Stability is literally all we were striving for.

Yes, the Phoenix appointment and not being able to keep Chicksen on had seemingly irked him, but there are so many paranoid thoughts from so many different directions in that interview.
It’s like a full blown rant at fans, the board, Phoenix and the media all at once. Most of which completely unprovoked.

This club was way too big for him. And a Bolton-born United fan? Never stood a chance.

What I must add is that he did act gracefully and didn’t say a bad word against us after his departure, and when facing us with Tranmere. 

I’m not sure if he’ll look to go back into management, but I do recall reading a Rochdale fan account that he hadn’t been the same since losing a family member a few years ago.
That being the case, and having heard some of his interviews, I hope for his sake and health he does what’s best for him.

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Listening to this over a year on and it’s even more bizarre than it was at the time. If I recall it was after getting done 2-0 at Rochdale in the pissing rain. 

I’d heard no calls for him to go and there was zero pressure from the stands. 

We had no money and absolutely no expectations. Never will a Bolton manager have such little pressure as the remainder of the 19/20 season. He invited the pressure as a result of these odd rantings.  

There was certainly no one comparing him to Big Sam or Parky.

We weren’t living in the past. We were all fully aware how close we’d come to going out of business, were under an embargo, and started on minus points. Stability is literally all we were striving for.

Yes, the Phoenix appointment and not being able to keep Chicksen on had seemingly irked him, but there are so many paranoid thoughts from so many different directions in that interview.
It’s like a full blown rant at fans, the board, Phoenix and the media all at once. Most of which completely unprovoked.

This club was way too big for him. And a Bolton-born United fan? Never stood a chance.

What I must add is that he did act gracefully and didn’t say a bad word against us after his departure, and when facing us with Tranmere. 

I’m not sure if he’ll look to go back into management, but I do recall reading a Rochdale fan account that he hadn’t been the same since losing a family member a few years ago.
That being the case, and having heard some of his interviews, I hope for his sake and health he does what’s best for him.

If Alan Partridge took up football management.... 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Employed

sCUNThorpe FC

One of those clubs who's owner was embarrassingly keen to see us shut down.

Currently rock bottom of the 4th Division, on 11pts with 3 others. Even he can't make that worse.

First league game is home v Salford a week tomorrow. I wish him every success.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

We’ll I wish him every well with Scunny. He did his best here but he was dealt the worst of hands. Good luck Chino.

Not the best hand admittedly but even so he still managed to drop his cards all over the floor. 

And those post match interviews, and in that pretend Manc accent too.. Jesus mop