Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel


wanderer1984

Recommended Posts

Just now, royal white said:

Rockets, bombs, attacks, call them what you want are launched from a place. That place being Palestine. Palestine being a country governed by (elected) Hamas. Hope that helps 

They are a terrorist organisation. If that happens somewhere near you is it ok if we flatten your house?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Farrelli said:

It is a terrorist organisation not a country.

It’s a country governed by a terrorist organisation. Most of us have separated the two due to the undemocratic rule they have  over the Palestinians. Strictly speaking though, it is a war between the Israelis and the Palestinians. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

It’s a country governed by a terrorist organisation. Most of us have separated the two due to the undemocratic rule they have  over the Palestinians. 

Exactly so why is it ok for Israel to punish the Palestinian people in such a disproportionate and brutal way? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Who said it was ok? 

All those (including you) who make comparisons with other wars and condone what is happening as self defence by Israel. It’s genocide. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

All those (including you) who make comparisons with other wars and condone what is happening as self defence by Israel. It’s genocide. 

No, I’m telling you that kids/innocents will always get killed in wars. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Exactly so why is it ok for Israel to punish the Palestinian people in such a disproportionate and brutal way? 

I think you may want to go back to some of my previous posts where I said it wasn’t ok.

I did quote a survey where 85% of Israelis (that’s a large chunk) were dissatisfied with the government for their handling of the  war. 
Having said that, it’s a war. Any war has to have an objective. Israel’s objective is to remove Hamas from Gaza. Does anyone know what Hamas’s objective is? 
Israel will defeat Hamas in Gaza. Thousands more will be killed. They will achieve their objective.

Hamas are not just based in Gaza though, the resulting casualties of their defeat may work in Hamas’s favour. The support of the west for Israel will be tested. I suspect that is Hamas’s objective. Mass casualties to turn the west against Israel. It’s almost Putinism. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Ok. AD 47. The Jews living in the same land they live now. Until the Romans kicked them out in AD 70. Over a million Jews killed. This was about 500 years before Angel Jibril appeared to Mohammad. 

 

sorry, meant 1947

modern history

take it back further if you want but you asked for my date and it was a definite junction in the road

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

Hamas have control over the State of Palestine. They are at war with the State of Israel. 

the PLO are recognised as the representative of the palestinian people

hamas arent even in the west bank yet thats fair game for the murderous govt of israel

 

would it have been reasonable for the uk to obliterate the ROI in the 70s and 80s?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Casino said:

the PLO are recognised as the representative of the palestinian people

hamas arent even in the west bank yet thats fair game for the murderous govt of israel

 

would it have been reasonable for the uk to obliterate the ROI in the 70s and 80s?

Jesus 🤦🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Casino said:

sorry, meant 1947

modern history

take it back further if you want but you asked for my date and it was a definite junction in the road

I know. I was illustrating the fact that there are many junctions in the road. Look at any junction, and you ask why? It then leads you to another junction in the past. History is at the heart of this conflict. It always has been and always will be.

Like so many other conflicts in the world, there’s nowt I or you can do anything about it. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
5 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

 

Like so many other conflicts in the world, there’s nowt I or you can do anything about it. 
 

true, but i won't try to justify it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Casino said:

the PLO are recognised as the representative of the palestinian people

hamas arent even in the west bank yet thats fair game for the murderous govt of israel

 

would it have been reasonable for the uk to obliterate the ROI in the 70s and 80s?

😊

PLO or PFJ.

ROI, Thats a strange analogy. At least mine is funny.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

All those (including you) who make comparisons with other wars and condone what is happening as self defence by Israel. It’s genocide. 

Didn’t Starmer use the ‘self defence’ excuse? Are you saying Starmer condones genocide? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, royal white said:

No, I’m telling you that kids/innocents will always get killed in wars. 

It's true to be fair 

It happened in Rwanda 

It happened in Serbia

Cambodia 

Nazis did it to Jews, Russians and Poles 

Bangladesh

War after war

Massacres and genocides 

The war machine keeps on turning

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.