Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ashes 2021-22

22 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Similar to the last Test. Good partnership by Root and Malan then a wicket just after the break. Hopefully we won’t have the same collapse.

2 poor shots and back in the midden

44 minutes ago, Traf said:

Absolute dog shit again.

Another sub-300 score, another collapse. One decent partnership, but 150-2 to 220-9 is piss poor.

5-0 written all over it, unless weather intervenes.

In two consecutive innings we've been 223-2 and 150-2, only to then go on to lose eight wickets for 71 and 86 respectively.

Awful, just awful.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Burns, Pope, Butler, Woakes fuck them all off. For who though?? 

Foakes for Butler for sure

Burns is the one definite swap for me - bring Crawley in. The other 3 are more debatable.

Everytime Butler fails with the bat (and I must admit there are too many at the moment) his questionable keeping skills are brought to the fore. 

Woakes is fairly dependable with bat and ball but away from home there’s not as much x-factor - if Wood is fit it could be a straight swap next game. 

I think it’s harsh criticising Pope too much - he’s been out for a while and there couldn’t be a worse place to have to familiarise himself with international cricket again - would dropping him help him? Or help us? Who comes in Bairstow? Lawrence? I’m not sure they’d do much better.