Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ashes 2021-22

4 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Pissed off to find that it is on BT Sport.

I signed up to Virgin 4 years ago because they had the Ashes on BT. I’m pleased that it’s now back on BT/Virgin. Sky have dominated cricket over the last few years. 
Winners and losers.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

I signed up to Virgin 4 years ago because they had the Ashes on BT. I’m pleased that it’s now back on BT/Virgin. Sky have dominated cricket over the last few years. 
Winners and losers.

In fairness, sky have pumped in plenty of money, and their coverage and technology is excellent.

Presumably BT is also very good.

24 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

In fairness, sky have pumped in plenty of money, and their coverage and technology is excellent.

Presumably BT is also very good.

To be honest, I can’t compare the difference as I don’t have Sky and it was 4 years since I last saw Test Cricket live on TV. I don’t remember any issues with the broadcasting though. From memory, they did a pretty good job last time.

On 27/11/2021 at 19:58, BobyBrno said:

To be honest, I can’t compare the difference as I don’t have Sky and it was 4 years since I last saw Test Cricket live on TV. I don’t remember any issues with the broadcasting though. From memory, they did a pretty good job last time.

If it’s anything like this, it should be good.😊

Just now, Traf said:

You managed to get a travel waiver or visa?

Yes. Myself and my wife have the exemption as M is a permanent resident. Unfortunately’ my older son isn’t able to go as he doesn’t fit the criteria. In the last couple of days, they’ve changed the rules and we have now to self quarantine for 3 days when we get there. Hopefully, it won’t get any worse than that. Hope for the best but ready for the worst.

4 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Yes. Myself and my wife have the exemption as M is a permanent resident. Unfortunately’ my older son isn’t able to go as he doesn’t fit the criteria. In the last couple of days, they’ve changed the rules and we have now to self quarantine for 3 days when we get there. Hopefully, it won’t get any worse than that. Hope for the best but ready for the worst.

Yes, we got exemptions, because our daughter has resident status too.
Junior, however, wasn't granted one, so I'm staying home with her, wife leaves on 29/12 for 3 weeks.

16 hours ago, Traf said:

Yes, we got exemptions, because our daughter has resident status too.
Junior, however, wasn't granted one, so I'm staying home with her, wife leaves on 29/12 for 3 weeks.

We go the same day. 5 1/2 weeks. I was hoping that the further relaxation of restrictions from 1st Dec. (Now delayed) would allow other family members later in the month. Doesn’t look likely now. As it’s the cricket thread, I’ll take him to the Windies instead. 🤞

10 hours ago, Smiley said:

That’s pretty sad. And such a pity as they’d offered to host the 2nd test instead.

Madness all of this.

Impossible because WA insist on a 14 day quarantine period. There isn’t a 14 day gap between any test, max 6 days. Surprised it’s taken so long to make a decision.

20 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Impossible because WA insist on a 14 day quarantine period. There isn’t a 14 day gap between any test, max 6 days. Surprised it’s taken so long to make a decision.

Which is why they should have had the First Test?

3 hours ago, Traf said:

Which is why they should have had the First Test?

Don’t think England were keen on the 14 day isolation. There was talk of it being cancelled if they had to quarantine. Just read further regarding Smiley’s point about switching the 2nd Test with the last. If they travelled from Queensland after this Brisbane Test, they wouldn’t have to quarantine as rates are low there.

Edited by BobyBrno