Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ashes 2021-22

16 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm far from convinced that they all want to be there. Rightly or wrongly, maybe not fully focused.ย 

Buttler never wanted to go. He's made that fairly clear, using excuses about not seeing family etc.
Here's the rub, Jos. Overseas tours are overseas, believe it or not. And they last longer than a weekend away.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Traf said:

Buttler never wanted to go. He's made that fairly clear, using excuses about not seeing family etc.
Here's the rub, Jos. Overseas tours are overseas, believe it or not. And they last longer than a weekend away.

Is that the issue, or the problems over their families and the general covid situation?

In the days of yore, tours took longer, and I doubt families travelled regularly. Different society now.

Maybe they should take more young players who aren't married or have families.ย 

Let them go on the lash and shag Sheila's to their hearts' content.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Is that the issue, or the problems over their families and the general covid situation?

I agree

This is an unprecedented situation.

Even if they loose 5-0 (which currently looks very likely) Iโ€™m not going to be overly critical.ย 

I think even without the Covid situation, Australia are just better than us at test cricket at the moment.

Thereโ€™s not many players left back home that would make a massive difference. Weโ€™ve pretty much got the best squad out there. (Who are fit -obviously Archer would come into the mix) And theyโ€™ve all put their hands up to go, so fair play to them. Especially Stokes, coming back from Mental illness to play in Australia takes some bollocks.

The recent meeting where theyโ€™ve all been outspoken with each other about what they have done wrong and how they need to improve demonstrates a willingness and desire to come back in Melbourne and be better - but Iโ€™m not sure they can.

Would love to see a spirited performance at the MCG - Iโ€™ll be tuning in Xmas Day night regardless.ย 

6 hours ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I expected each of the incomers, but Burns to remain.

Again, with bowling, looking at the last match, rather than the next?

At least we have some pace. Itโ€™s the bowling attack I would have picked.

The weather seems English, until the 5th day. If it reaches the 5th day.

On 22/12/2021 at 11:16, Traf said:

Buttler made a more recent statement, just before the tour.

• Site Supporter

Iโ€™m always positive and then have my hopes dashed. (Very quickly!!)

So Iโ€™ll go the other way. Weโ€™ve no chance. 2 players in Crawley and Bairstow who havenโ€™t played for ages and when they did this year they were awful.ย 

Bowling big advantage in these conditions.

So there you go.

Come on England!!

5 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Doing ok

and English commentatorsย 

Erm!? Ultimately the players are not good enough but clearly more is going on than that.

Annoyingly I am not sure Australia are that good, but unless we put them under some pressure we'll never know.

Edited by JimmyRiddle