Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leicester

Revelredne1961

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I think Leicester are now in the big 6, certainly bigger than Spurs and Everton in winning trophies,  although support wise may fall short.

Yup, there was talk about Rodgers possibly going to Spurs in the summer. Not a chance.  Apart from Son and Kane i doubt any of them could get in Leicester's team

Their recruitment is first class

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Yup, there was talk about Rodgers possibly going to Spurs in the summer. Not a chance.  Apart from Son and Kane i doubt any of them could get in Leicester's team

Appear to have good young players coming through to like Barnes, Choudary, Thomas and probably others

42 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I think Leicester are now in the big 6, certainly bigger than Spurs and Everton in winning trophies,  although support wise may fall short.

Not that big 6, the special secret big 6 that you are in forever, apart from City and Chelsea who were not in it a few years ago and Spurs who probably should never been it in the first time. You silly sausage. 

45 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

They have been hammered by injuries this season too. James Justin, Maddison, Ndidi, Barnes, Soyuncu, Castagne and Ricardo Pereira have all had longs spells out with injury.

1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

the big forward they had on yesterday - Inacheo - was hopeless.

He was very poor but he's been top class week in, week out this year. Maybe the event got to him, or just an off day. Or maybe Chelsea managed him well, but I'd not write him off.

Meanwhile the Chelsea fans are going 100mph into James, the full back. It was his poor pass that began the move for the goal. Jeez they're piling in on him. I though he marshalled Vardy well overall.

I sometimes wonder what the complainers do for a living for them to rage at the faintest imprefection.

4 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It was Choudhury and Fofana. They both held up the Palestinian flag.

Took the shine off it for me, I don't usually get involved in other countries politics but this is a case of another 2 thick as pigshit footballers thinking they are on a moral crusade and using Leicester City's great win as a platform, total shithouses, gas chamber for the pair of 'em

16 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Took the shine off it for me, I don't usually get involved in other countries politics but this is a case of another 2 thick as pigshit footballers thinking they are on a moral crusade and using Leicester City's great win as a platform, total shithouses, gas chamber for the pair of 'em

👏👏👏👏👍

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Not sure about the gas, but yes, concentrate on the football and leave the other stuff for elsewhere. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Yeah and? The point is they're stacked with good young players.

Mine was they produce their own too in addition to recruiting well

Edited by Zico

On 16/05/2021 at 15:31, Eavesy said:

Isn’t Leicester’s wages to turnover ratio the second biggest in the league?

https://www.footballcritic.com/news/revealed-the-teams-with-the-most-dangerous-wages-to-revenue-ratio/1048

Now Bournemouth gone, only Everton exceeding them

Problem is you can see Leicester as investment but its against FFP that the 'istree clubs invented to stop another Citeh bursting their bubble.  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, green genie said:

https://www.footballcritic.com/news/revealed-the-teams-with-the-most-dangerous-wages-to-revenue-ratio/1048

Now Bournemouth gone, only Everton exceeding them

Problem is you can see Leicester as investment but its against FFP that the 'istree clubs invented to stop another Citeh bursting their bubble.  

Who knew 

"Everton have spent a considerable sum of money in growing their squad in recent years, and with that has came a considerable increase in wages.

- But this has not been met - yet - with any improvement on the pitch in terms of league position or cup success, nor has it equalled an upturn in commercial revenue."

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Zico said:

Who knew 

"Everton have spent a considerable sum of money in growing their squad in recent years, and with that has came a considerable increase in wages.

- But this has not been met - yet - with any improvement on the pitch in terms of league position or cup success, nor has it equalled an upturn in commercial revenue."

Fake news 😁

43 minutes ago, Zico said:

Who knew 

Everton's seasons always seem to consist of great lumps of form. Not infrequently they start terribly, have a purple patch, then fade to grey. 

This season it was a vg start, then a long fade.

If their economics are so stretched & they yet have to fire up the JCB on the new, very expensive, ground ... which looks magnificent on paper ... plus Ancellotti won't hang around forever & he'll be after signing another half dozen with a couple of good games in the Euro's then next season will be an important one.

I like them for the fact that they loathe Liverpool so much. But otherwise they're not as big as they think they are. Plus that habit of proclaiming any young player who comes through & plays 2 consecutive matches as "the new Alan Ball", "the new Bob Latchford", " The new Howard Kendall" got irritating 30 years ago. Give it a rest .... oh, & Alan Ball was too small. Bill Ridding said.

Next season, yet again, is a crucial one for them.

3 hours ago, Traf said:

Leicester would only be in trouble if the owners suddenly pulled out. 

They seem happy with what their money is bringing them on the pitch too.

Trouble financially? I don't think so. They have at least 4 players that could sell for 50m+