Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Zach Clough

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

I’d have been happy to see him do well personally at Wigan but the club do shite. Pity it was the wrong way round.

I like the lad and hope he gets a good pre season in and does the business somewhere. Can’t see it being us though. Accrington maybe

There’s a player in there somewhere, we’ve all seen it. I can’t imagine his confidence is up to much at the moment and sometimes it just clicks at some clubs.

He’s the one ex player that I’d be keen to see us interested in - as others have said, get him in training and trust Evatt to make the judgement. He’s got a lot to prove and if we get the proper Zach Clough back then we know how good he is in this league.

Sentiment involved - definitely, but I do think there is a rationale to at least giving him a go as well.

• Site Supporter

Again, sentiment aside, he’s failed to break into a regular first XI player at any of the clubs he’s been with including loan spells. Someone explain why we’d want him. The 1 in 2.5 goals he scored in his first spell haven’t  been seen since. Surely we already have plenty of existing players who have better goal to game stats than Clough.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d be happy for him to train with us, trust Evatt to make the call on whether he’s up to it or not. 

This 100%

Not sure his heart has ever been anywhere else, and was an unfortunate victim of circumstance.

IE got a tune out of some players last season that we might not have expected. Taking a look does no harm, and one thing's for sure- Evatt's style would certainly be more atune with Clough's than snow covered footballs. 

I am in the "get him in on trial" camp - no brainer for me - the lad showed plenty of skill an eye for goal and took a pretty good free kick until sweaty kicked him out

See how he shapes up on the training ground and pre season friendlies

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

I am in the "get him in on trial" camp - no brainer for me - the lad showed plenty of skill an eye for goal and took a pretty good free kick until sweaty kicked him out

See how he shapes up on the training ground and pre season friendlies

Just had a look at Zach Clough’s wiki page. He went to Forest for “an undisclosed fee” but then it goes on to say it was close to £3million. Three Million Pounds... no wonder Sweaty Ken wanted him away.