Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Zach Clough

Mounts Kipper

He's got Bolton in his soul, loves the club and is still only 26. He was impressive enough playing for us in League One as part of a poor side to prompt Forest to pay a decent fee for him. 

If it were my choice I'd get him in for training as many have said previously. If anybody can get him ticking it's IE, the Cloughy of old would definitely suit our new style.

2 minutes ago, tkonion said:

He's got Bolton in his soul, loves the club and is still only 26. He was impressive enough playing for us in League One as part of a poor side to prompt Forest to pay a decent fee for him. 

If it were my choice I'd get him in for training as many have said previously. If anybody can get him ticking it's IE, the Cloughy of old would definitely suit our new style.

A lot would depend whether Evatt wanted him. Shoe horning players in clearly doesn’t work.

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

A lot would depend whether Evatt wanted him. Shoe horning players in clearly doesn’t work.

It's IE's choice of course, he's the man who stands or falls on the decisions he makes. I'm only saying what I'd do if it was my choice and listing why I'd do it. In Evatt we trust. 🙂

26 minutes ago, tkonion said:

It's IE's choice of course, he's the man who stands or falls on the decisions he makes. I'm only saying what I'd do if it was my choice and listing why I'd do it. In Evatt we trust. 🙂

Deffo mate

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

2 goals in 15 games in a league worse than the Scotch one.
Hardly ripping it up.

Indeed, and neither of his two goals are in the league either. Sadly, he's just turned out to be a bit shit.

The £3M we got for him, now, looks to have been pretty good business.

Just now, gonzo said:

Thought this was the annual call to sign him :(

There will no doubt be some dewy eyed individuals who would want us to sign him, but we've moved on, and he's shown he's sadly not really up to league football in this country anymore

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Indeed, and neither of his two goals are in the league either. Sadly, he's just turned out to be a bit shit.

The £3M we got for him, now, looks to have been pretty good business.

£9m for him and Madine.

Biggest heist since oceans 11.

5 hours ago, Sweep said:

There will no doubt be some dewy eyed individuals who would want us to sign him, but we've moved on, and he's shown he's sadly not really up to league football in this country anymore

Not disagreeing but just reading that said about Clough beggars belief when I think of those goals he scored against Wigan, Wolves, Watford all in the North Stand.  Amongst the worldy free kicks and intelligent passing and assists.  God knows what happened but I won't forget the couple of years of watching him at the top of his game.

Edited by Johnnyrotten
didnt mean to send

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Not disagreeing but just reading that said about Clough beggars belief when I think of those goals he scored against Wigan, Wolves, Watford all in the North Stand.  Amongst the worldy free kicks and intelligent passing and assists.  God knows what happened but I won't forget the couple of years of watching him at the top of his game.

So he needs to leave the A-league and find a club in the W-league.