Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

It was 20 years ago today...

Dr Faustus

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Why?

because there are 30million videos previously posted, and I chose the first one that came up. Feel free to add anything productive, and just enjoy your memories.

FWIW I was given wrong info by Heddlu that day, and ended up in the wrong ticket office. I was one of two Bolton fans in the midst of 100s of them, the other bein my mate. I was seeing if we rocked up on the footage.

• Site Supporter

Beltin! A highlights video from the loser’s perspective. Looks like they battered us to a 0-3 loss. Shame they didn’t go and interview the PNE fans after the game as well.

Did Preston really outnumber us as claimed by one prior to the game?

19 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Beltin! A highlights video from the loser’s perspective. Looks like they battered us to a 0-3 loss. Shame they didn’t go and interview the PNE fans after the game as well.

I was there and while PNE had a few decent chances I thought Wanderers bossed the game. Not sure about them outnumbering us but ISTR we had the slightly smaller end but there were more of us along the sides, including me.

On Cardiff station this sullen PNE fan walked past us and muttered 'best team lost' to which we were incredulous which to me sums up how the game went.

24 minutes ago, MickyD said:

54,000 attendance and we had about 23,000 I think so yeah they must have done. Though of course it’s debatable how many of them had ever been to Deepdale before or since. 

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, captainmed said:

They outnumbered us significantly that day.

Easily. 

Our final/semi attendances (in my time) have gradually dwindled since Liverpool in 95 

Guessing that was their first big day out in years

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Guessing that was their first big day out in years

Only big day out that wasn’t in black and white, I’d say.

I was only 14 so we went down on K&F. First few coaches had people hanging off the luggage racks. We held our nerve and waited until the last ones and all had a row each to stretch out and enjoy our Asda picnic (finished by Knutsford) and smuggled 330ml cans of Grolsch. 

Listened on the wireless while working at Index.

Manager wouldn't give me the time off. Cunt got sacked for setting up fraudulent Littlewoods accounts.

Never seen Wanderers win in person at Wembley/Cardiff. Think I might ban myself from attending in future i'm clearly a jinx

19 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Never seen Wanderers win in person at Wembley/Cardiff. Think I might ban myself from attending in future i'm clearly a jinx

Me too. I was 12. I’d just met my best mate through year 7 who is a PNE fan and went. As did my dad and brother. 

My mum used to book Butlins with some mates on that bank holiday weekend, and I was allowed to bring a mate too. 

Two years beforehand, I was booked on for Butlins then, the same weekend as the Watford final.
Managed to sack that off and go. She wouldn’t let me waste the money again!

I did however go to both West Brom semis and the Leicester 5-0 on the opening day of the next season.

My record stands at Watford, Villa cup semi, Boro & Stoke. Only seen us score once. Shocking. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE