Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bobby Moore in a Bolton shirt?

Spider

• Site Supporter

Question for some lads who may remember the 90’s better than I do.

Just been to the football museum in manc and there was a programme on display from March 7th 1994.

It was The Bobby Moore Memorial match between West Ham and an England XI.

The programme has 2 pics of Moore on the front, one of them is him (at least I assume it’s him) playing in a red BWFC kit with the Normid sponsor.

Ill try and upload it but is that ringing any bells??

Edit: Here? https://www.whufc.com/club/history/greatest-matches/west-ham-united-2-premiership-xi-1

Edited by Spider

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Question for some lads who may remember the 90’s better than I do.

Just been to the football museum in manc and there was a programme on display from March 7th 1994.

It was The Bobby Moore Memorial match between West Ham and an England XI.

The programme has 2 pics of Moore on the front, one of them is him (at least I assume it’s him) playing in a red BWFC kit with the Normid sponsor.

Ill try and upload it but is that ringing any bells??

Edit: Here? https://www.whufc.com/club/history/greatest-matches/west-ham-united-2-premiership-xi-1

You’re too young to have seen Bobby Moore sent off for the only time. And throw his toys out of his cockney pram.

10 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

You’re too young to have seen Bobby Moore sent off for the only time. And throw his toys out of his cockney pram.

Was a great night, I was in the lever end on a dark autumn night, thankfully we won the replay and the cup run after this game was amazing. 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/3676857.october-5-1976-league-cup-third-round-replay-wanderers-2-fulham-2-after-extra-time/

7 minutes ago, Underpants said:

My bad??  Stop that American shite 😉

aaFyeCi.jpg

yJAcd9O.jpg

RlJBNm1.png

Meant to put 'my dad' cos im his son.

Still no idea why he was wearing the Wanderers stuff, I'd never wear any other teams kit of fashionwear. Not English anyway as I did have a St Pauli top, and I do have a Zenit top, a retro Soviet CCCP top and a West Meath GAA top. Any ideas? About Brian not the tops.

Oh, I got a Shadwell top and somewhere a Barnstoneworth United top but they are fictional. 

And cheers!

Edited by stek1961

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Bobby Moore was wearing the Bolton top in a celebs match on Wembley before the Sherpa Van Trophy Final

Fuck me

I’ve had to get the answer from a United fan.

Shame on you all.

Cheers Rog 👍😁

1 minute ago, stek1961 said:

Still no idea why he was wearing the Wanderers stuff, I'd never wear any other teams kit of fashionwear. Not English anyway as I did have a St Pauli top, and I do have a Zenit top, a retro Soviet CCCP top and a West Meath GAA top. Any ideas? About Brian not the tops.

Oh, I got a Shadwell top and somewhere a Barnstoneworth United top but they are fictional. 

He was a good friend of John McGoverns.

I have heard you love music. Can you tell me which bands do you like and what kind of music played in Forest dressing room before the European Cup finals?

No music in the dressing room before our matches, managers orders. My favourite band is AC/DC and I gave Brian Johnson the lead singer who is a friend of mine my 1980 European Cup shirt. My son also has a band called Scrim.

37 minutes ago, stek1961 said:

And cheers!

Like any celeb they will put on any football top that's thrown in front of them.

But the story behind these pictures goes,  and this is from the horses mouth. John McGovern had an interview with some reporter from a Midlands rag.  He happend to mention that he likes acdc.  Anyway, sometime later this reporter got in contact with JMc and said he's covering a ACDC concert in Leicester and would he like to come along and get backstage. Being Wanderers manager at the time he took some stuff. Bolton were in a financial black hole at the time and there was talk of a fundraising concert at Burnden. Obviously never happend. The pictures of Brian Johnson were at that concert in Leicester. The one with Angus Young is at the Last Drop Village.

Edited by Underpants

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I saw Moore playing for Fulham at Burnden, around 1976. They had George Best & Rodney Marsh as well.

As they warmed up some Bolton fan ran onto the pitch from the Manchester Rd. Paddock & presented George Best with a handbag.

he gave it to rodney marsh

4 hours ago, stek1961 said:

And cheers!

Step , I need clarification. 

Who are you and more importantly who is your Dad ?