Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boo Boys

Dimron

• Members
11 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

I totally agree with the online abuse. We have strong laws which will jail a person for written or verbal abuse. But we all have the same opportunities in the UK and this knee taking IMO goes too far

To be honest R2R I’ve said it before I feel like the strength of the protest has gone away, doesn’t carry much weight anymore but I think the timing would be wrong to stop it when there is still much frequent abuse it will almost seem like the trolls have won. 
Catch 22 comes to mind

26 minutes ago, DazBob said:

:D brilliant.

... and you are correct in that I have no issue with labelling someone a chav.

Glad that's on record. And as a result of that confirmation I rather suspect most people will have no difficulty in labelling you a hypocritical twat. 

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

To be honest R2R I’ve said it before I feel like the strength of the protest has gone away, doesn’t carry much weight anymore but I think the timing would be wrong to stop it when there is still much frequent abuse it will almost seem like the trolls have won. 
Catch 22 comes to mind

Surely it’s for the Social Media companies themselves to police this better Rudy. Abusing players, both black and white, because abuse isn’t just racial, or against only black players and sports stars, is wrong and the perpetrators should be punished accordingly. I agree that the actual taking the knee action doesn’t carry much weight now and in fact is becoming a problem in itself. I think the huge majority of fans and people generally, hate racism in any form but believing actions like taking the knee will sort it is naive in the extreme. It’s run it’s course, it’s highlighted the cause but it’s now become counter effective and it’s not a signal that the trolls have won, more common sense has prevailed.

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I'll cope. x

Its of particular note that you don't seek to address the points I've made. You don't feel the need. An attitude that comes with thinking you are beyond reproach. 

To hypocritical twat we will add arrogant twat. 

• Members
15 minutes ago, SirNatsDog said:

Surely it’s for the Social Media companies themselves to police this better Rudy. Abusing players, both black and white, because abuse isn’t just racial, or against only black players and sports stars, is wrong and the perpetrators should be punished accordingly. I agree that the actual taking the knee action doesn’t carry much weight now and in fact is becoming a problem in itself. I think the huge majority of fans and people generally, hate racism in any form but believing actions like taking the knee will sort it is naive in the extreme. It’s run it’s course, it’s highlighted the cause but it’s now become counter effective and it’s not a signal that the trolls have won, more common sense has prevailed.

They aren’t doing anything which adds to the problem

Whilst the problem is still there people will want to take a stand of it

The optimist in me believes if we stopped feeding the troll it would disappear but what would that say to people who are being abused?

• Members
Just now, paulhanley said:

Its of particular note that you don't seek to address the points I've made. You don't feel the need. An attitude that comes with thinking you are beyond reproach. 

Think he takes it up the pooper as well Paul

Just now, paulhanley said:

Any more names you want to call me?  Get it all off your chest.

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Any more names you want to call me?  Get it all off your chest.

Well if you want to address people as chavs or gammon then the gloves are off are they not? Unless of course you believe you have some special dispensation that allows you to chuck around pejorative insults at whole sections of society while dismissing anything they might say in reply as them being "thickos" etc. 

You're obviously a bit too thick to see the stark contradiction in your stance. You're obviously also too thick to see that it is precisely people with your attitude and outlook that are causing such friction in this country right now.

1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

Well if you want to address people as chavs or gammon then the gloves are off are they not? Unless of course you believe you have some special dispensation that allows you to chuck around pejorative insults at whole sections of society while dismissing anything they might say in reply as them being "thickos" etc. 

You're obviously a bit too thick to see the stark contradiction in your stance. You're obviously also too thick to see that it is precisely people with your attitude and outlook that are causing such friction in this country right now.

Okay, so a thick, hypocritical and arrogant twat.  Lovely.

I'm not interested in debating with you Paul, we've been there and done that before and it was pointless.  Feel free to carry on with the name calling if you wish.

Just now, DazBob said:

Okay, so a thick, hypocritical and arrogant twat.  Lovely.

I'm not interested in debating with you Paul, we've been there and done that before and it was pointless.  Feel free to carry on with the name calling if you wish.

You're not interested in debating with me because you'll be exposed as a complete fucking charlatan. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

That’s probably part of the issue too. If you’re a white person living in UK then you’ll see racism in a different way than a person of colour would.

I’d rather the person of colour tells me there isn’t a race issue than the white guy.

1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

No that’s totally wrong. We can’t have an opinion or criticise people of colour because we are white? IMO it’s gone too far already and we need to integrate more; BLM has split the nation more than you think

I’m not sure where I’d said we can’t have an opinion on racism because we’re white. I said a white person’s opinion will probably be different than a non-white person’s opinion.

I went on to say that a white person saying there is no issue when a non-white person is saying there is strikes me as strange.

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Thick

Arrogant

Hypocritical

Charlatan

Twat

Any more?

That's what you get for hurling gratuitous insults like "chav" and "gammon" around while not seeing the contradiction between that and your holier than thou stance on issues to do with race. 

If you choose to go down the route of insults then insults you shall have.

16 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m not sure either are fighters so can I suggest a super over to settle this dispute? 

Definitely not in my case.  I can't speak for Paul.

Another one for his list maybe?  Soft twat.