Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boo Boys

Dimron

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Agreed on VAR and add incompetent referees.

And for the record I wouldn't boo personally, I'm just sick to death of all this shit and I just want football back.

"Sick to death" of a 5-second Anti-Racism gesture before a match kicks off? "Sick to death"

Witnessing a peaceful gesture for 5 seconds a week, or spending an entire career hearing irrational abuse directed at you because of the colour of your skin...? I know what would make me more "sick to death".

• Members
8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

"Sick to death" of a 5-second Anti-Racism gesture before a match kicks off? "Sick to death"

Witnessing a peaceful gesture for 5 seconds a week, or spending an entire career hearing irrational abuse directed at you because of the colour of your skin...? I know what would make me more "sick to death".

Save it Cheese honestly you're wasting your time 

Sadly, this whole knee thing has developed into the adversarial situation it was obvious it always would. By hardening their stance and coming out publicly to insist they will continue the action despite the obviously growing animosity against it, the England team and players have created a potential hornets nest. Nobody had an issue with it initially, seeing it as solidarity with the GF situation and if the PL and EFL had finished the practise at the end of the first season, none of this would have happened. They could also have removed the BLM badge from players shirts which has just inflated the situation. Political statements and insignia is illegal under all football laws and to use the excuse of anti racism to continue it is just wrong, whichever way you look at it and that is what the booers are angry about.

I dont get racism , it doesnt really compute with me, the same as anything I dont understand . And I dont know anywhere near enough about the politics about gestures . I didnt understand Anelkas Quenelle celebration so i didnt understand his punishment. If that had been me Id have done it more just to piss people off for telling me I couldnt do it but then it was all over my head.

What I do know is that a black man was murdered by police in America so people are trying to bring attention to that injustice. Black lives matter , of course, all lives matter .

However, anyone booing Bolton at a match before they we have even kicked off has a right to do so , they also have a right to get punched in the fuckin face by me for booing before we have kicked off. Ill leave the debate about politics to people smarter than me and just exercise my right to punch them in the fucking face even if I dont understand what they are booing at.  KISS

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ll be booing in my front room, hope it’s booed right through the tournament. I’ll never pay to watch England while they continue to take the knee. Right behind the FA anti racism campaign but not to taking the knee. 

Mental. Will you be staying away from Bolton next season too if some of our players decide to continue taking the knee?

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ll be booing in my front room, hope it’s booed right through the tournament. I’ll never pay to watch England while they continue to take the knee. Right behind the FA anti racism campaign but not to taking the knee. 

Haha, I knew we could count on you Mounts old bean! 🤣

Mentalist.

10 hours ago, SirNatsDog said:

Sadly, this whole knee thing has developed into the adversarial situation it was obvious it always would. By hardening their stance and coming out publicly to insist they will continue the action despite the obviously growing animosity against it, the England team and players have created a potential hornets nest. Nobody had an issue with it initially, seeing it as solidarity with the GF situation and if the PL and EFL had finished the practise at the end of the first season, none of this would have happened. They could also have removed the BLM badge from players shirts which has just inflated the situation. Political statements and insignia is illegal under all football laws and to use the excuse of anti racism to continue it is just wrong, whichever way you look at it and that is what the booers are angry about.

Do that and the BLM will scream BLM banned from football. No all political organisations not just BLM.Look at Olympics for evidence of that 

• Members
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Wow, so you are implying I'm racist.

I work in a college in Manchester, 3600 students, probably the most diverse college in the North of England, all this week I'm mopping up exams (internally and TAG's). Those that have missed them through illness, self-isolation and other domestic issues, they are of all colours and different cultures and I treat them equally and have a lot of sympathy for the majority due to the lockdowns through the last 2 academic years, some are an absolute pain in the arse and entitled as fuck, but they are all treated equal.

I don't need any millionaire footballers and the current England manager to educate me about racism, if I have an opinion of I don't want to mix politics and football, its not because I'm racist.

If you and @cheese want to form a little mob, that's fine by me, you crack on.

Not implying anything so calm yourself 

• Members
Just now, Mr Grey said:

I'm calm, I have to be, it's part of the remit in my work.

Telling another person to not waste their time on an opinion of mine implies otherwise.

No it doesn’t 

It implies telling someone not to bother because we’re going around in circles 

If I ever thought that which I don’t I wouldn’t give you the time of day let alone played in your football team for so many years 

You have your view I have mine 

This thread has proven one thing, which I'm sure we already knew ...

Politics introduced into any debate will lead to disagreement and, poltentially, real fall outs.

I've never yet read a political statement which has seen people say "Oh my. Yes, you're right. My opinion has been wrong all along".

I suspect some people cannot believe that alternative views to their own even existed. Well, clearly they do.

I'm unsure whether this site closes threads off as they become increasingly circular and divisive. If it does, then maybe it's time.

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Wow, so you are implying I'm racist.

I work in a college in Manchester, 3600 students, probably the most diverse college in the North of England, all this week I'm mopping up exams (internally and TAG's). Those that have missed them through illness, self-isolation and other domestic issues, they are of all colours and different cultures and I treat them equally and have a lot of sympathy for the majority due to the lockdowns through the last 2 academic years, some are an absolute pain in the arse and entitled as fuck, but they are all treated equal.

I don't need any millionaire footballers and the current England manager to educate me about racism, if I have an opinion of I don't want to mix politics and football, its not because I'm racist.

If you and @cheese want to form a little mob, that's fine by me, you crack on.

Football is political though - you can't remove the two from each other, especially when it comes to international games. Its not jumpers for goalposts.

You say you don't need them to educate you about racism, but its clearly an issue with some supporters, so dragging it out into the light of day is surely a good thing? Ignoring it obviously isn't the answer and the nation's game is one of the biggest and best platforms to do this. It is especially pertinent when the governing bodies say they want to Kick Racism out of the game but then give Kick It Out buttons to do that job - it was left to Sky to give them 3 million of funding in a partnership deal. It is even more essential when there is now a record number of BAME players in the England squad and the number of players in the PL from a British BAME background has doubled since the league began, and given these players have been subject to abuse on the pitch and on social media having this debate surly is educating everyone.

To say you don't need educating - even working in a diverse environment - coming from a middle aged white bloke seems pretty arrogant to me. On all sides we obviously need more education, otherwise these positions wouldn't hold. I haven't got a fucking clue what it's like to grow up as a Black person in Britain, I'm a white, middle class, educated man - I know the whole world is tilted in my favour, I've had to overcome nothing. It is surely the least I can do to step back and allow others space to voice what it's like for them and if a young black footballer wants to take the knee, using the platform he has to highlight there are still inequalities that need to be tackled, then fair play and more power to them. Give them that space.

26 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

One presumes that these footballers will refuse to go to Qatar for the World Cup

That doesn't highlight hypocrisy from the players side I'm afraid. FIFA is a corrupt body, we all know that. Does that mean you don't fight back at any level or just refuse to pull on boots at anytime for any game, because you can overturn any stone in a game that generates billions and find distasteful actions.

Its a non sequitur of an argument against taking a knee.  

10 minutes ago, NiC said:

That doesn't highlight hypocrisy from the players side I'm afraid. FIFA is a corrupt body, we all know that. Does that mean you don't fight back at any level or just refuse to pull on boots at anytime for any game, because you can overturn any stone in a game that generates billions and find distasteful actions.

Its a non sequitur of an argument against taking a knee.  

I think you’re either fighting against inequality, injustice etc, or not.

If you are picking and choosing, then don’t be surprised if folks level an accusation of hypocrisy.

What happened to Not in Crawley, BTW?

Edited by boltondiver

No one is saying you need to apologise for anything, how on earth can you take that from what I wrote? What a strange position to take. Seems a bit defensive.

What I'm saying is that other voices should be heard at the same level - which they clearly are not, and clearly some in society have an issue with that. Just let them be heard, and if they wish to take a knee to highlight this, let them do so without criticism. 

To say there isn't much wrong with the game does show a degree of misunderstanding about its power structures, there is huge work to be done - and football is only a reflection of society. I'm surprised you say it's 'pushed the game back', hasn't it just highlighted what is already there? Rather than diluting it, its actually made this issue more potent and higher up the agenda. What is bullshit for you, is important for others, let them have a say as well.

And drop the poor me, I'm a white bloke and I can't have an opinion act, because that, my friend, really is bullshit.

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Yes it does. 

Christ, who are you teaching? Remind me to steer my family away from that college. 

I think my 14 year old has a better grasp of global politics than you.