Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boo Boys

Dimron

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Which I wholeheartedly support, but if I’m not mistaken black soldiers served, as well as wind rush as a result of WW2, so we honour the dead because they died for our freedom and rightly so but people decide that this is enough and we should just get on it.

Now before anyone jumps on it and says they’re not the same yes I understand that and not trying to say they are, my point is black players are targeted for abuse because of the colour of their skin but they should just have to get on with it.

They want equality and are making a peaceful protest to highlight the problem so why does that not get the respect across the board , why do the players not get the respect? Why are they told to get on with it, tired of it now, just want to watch the match. 

Why is their cause for equality booed and  subject to ignorance because people are sick to death of it

You know who else are sick to death of it? Black people. 
Sick of having to defend why they fighting for a  for a cause, sick of explaining why they are still kneeling, sick of playing in a sport where they will be abused because of the colour of their skin.

Im sick to death of this subject but that doesn’t mean it will go away. 

I have children now and they’re young but I would feel sick to my stomach at them watching sport and people booing their right for equality because of the colour of their skin.

Sick of it appearing in sport. Try being sick of worrying about being abused because of the colour of your skin.

Traf TMGJ this isn’t directed at you and I hope you don’t think it is . I’ve just had enough of discussing it and trying to explain to people why kneeling is still going on. 

I think you've not getting the point being made. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, no one on here is being critical because of the colour or back ground of any player.

Every single one will wholly back efforts that we've seen before, kick it out etc.

Specifically, folk are unhappy with the whole George Floyd/blm aspect. For me, seeing posters of an evil, crime ridden cunt from thousands of miles away does the whole equality movement a massive disservice. Yes, he was murdered by a police man, but justice has now been served.

For some reason, we saw thousands across the world jumping on the blm bandwagon, protestors attacking anyone and everyone in their path, irrespective of their colour or race. We've seen that stupid woman racially abusing another black man.

This has undermined previous efforts, and you're now seeing a reaction to that.

Years ago, we regularly heard chants wholly of a racist nature aimed at black players. It used to really piss me off and spoil the game- it was an uncomfortable experience.

Thankfully, those days are essentially gone, and if some individual cunt makes a gesture or comment along those lines, they're reported/caught on cctv and death with.

Huge progress has been made, and efforts are still required, but blm and taking the knee quite simply aren't for me- they actually remind me of those bygone days that I don't want to revisit.

• Members
19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think you've not getting the point being made. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, no one on here is being critical because of the colour or back ground of any player.

Every single one will wholly back efforts that we've seen before, kick it out etc.

Specifically, folk are unhappy with the whole George Floyd/blm aspect. For me, seeing posters of an evil, crime ridden cunt from thousands of miles away does the whole equality movement a massive disservice. Yes, he was murdered by a police man, but justice has now been served.

For some reason, we saw thousands across the world jumping on the blm bandwagon, protestors attacking anyone and everyone in their path, irrespective of their colour or race. We've seen that stupid woman racially abusing another black man.

This has undermined previous efforts, and you're now seeing a reaction to that.

Years ago, we regularly heard chants wholly of a racist nature aimed at black players. It used to really piss me off and spoil the game- it was an uncomfortable experience.

Thankfully, those days are essentially gone, and if some individual cunt makes a gesture or comment along those lines, they're reported/caught on cctv and death with.

Huge progress has been made, and efforts are still required, but blm and taking the knee quite simply aren't for me- they actually remind me of those bygone days that I don't want to revisit.

But it’s not an individual gesture, it’s after every game in high profile games a black sportsman is getting abuse 

BLM isn’t a representation of players kneeling

George Floyd being killed wasn't the reason it was the tipping point, it wasn’t a bandwagon it was a ripple effect that in this day and age it’s still happening.

If you think you don’t want to go back to those days because it spoiled the game then what do you think the black players being abused feel like. 
It should  be uncomfortable, but I guarantee you that feeling is nothing compared to what these players are going through. 
The point of kneeling is to stand a stand against it. Booing just shows that the issue isn’t being taken seriously enough because people are sick of it

Im glad people are sick of it, I hope they keep the courage up to keep kneeling whilst the booing carries on, showing a strong spirit that won’t be broken because people are sick of it 

Edited by Rudy

• Members

If I’m totally honest if people want it to stop or boo or not go to their seat then go ahead that’s their choice and their opinion

I can’t help but feel as a black lad and a wanderer a little disappointed to be fighting so hard to explain why booing and ending kneeling because people are sick of it  against fellow wanderers. 

I genuinely feel sad about it. 

Im done talking about it,I’m not going to post anymore.

I’m not the spokesman for equality I’m just someone who has been and is affected by racism in sport and in life 

It's genuinely disappointing that Rudy feels he doesn't want to post about this anymore. I think he's been very clear in his position, and to be honest I'm still scratching my head as to some of the chat countering it, logically not much of it makes sense.

That part about stepping aside, listening to other people on a topic who might have first hand experience of what the issue is, we could all do with some education from that. We all would be better for it.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If I’m totally honest if people want it to stop or boo or not go to their seat then go ahead that’s their choice and their opinion

I can’t help but feel as a black lad and a wanderer a little disappointed to be fighting so hard to explain why booing and ending kneeling because people are sick of it  against fellow wanderers. 

I genuinely feel sad about it. 

Im done talking about it,I’m not going to post anymore.

I’m not the spokesman for equality I’m just someone who has been and is affected by racism in sport and in life 

I feel sad and if I’m honest embarrassed that we can end up with a fellow Wanderer who has lived, breathed and experienced the very thing we are trying to oppose, having to exit a thread.

And let’s be honest this isn’t an extreme BLM protagonist and woke bed-wetter we are talking about.

I’m truly perplexed we can’t accept and understand Rudy’s thoughts and feelings on this matter. Because if we did we wouldn’t be arguing against having to spend 5 seconds showing some respect and appreciation. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, desperado said:

I feel sad and if I’m honest embarrassed that we can end up with a fellow Wanderer who has lived, breathed and experienced the very thing we are trying to oppose, having to exit a thread.

And let’s be honest this isn’t an extreme BLM protagonist and woke bed-wetter we are talking about.

I’m truly perplexed we can’t accept and understand Rudy’s thoughts and feelings on this matter. Because if we did we wouldn’t be arguing against having to spend 5 seconds showing some respect and appreciation. 

This

27 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Why is it a low point, its a clash of opinions about footballers taking the knee and supporters booing, we live in a democracy don't we, and the last I heard we still had free speech, nobody has been racist as far as I can see.

Stop being fannies!

100%. Some folk think it’s a good idea to take the knee, seemingly forever, many folk like myself think it’s original connection to the BLM and the Marxist agenda which includes defunding the police and actively taken over areas of some city’s in the US, trashing & looting businesses,  then subsequent rioting here in the UK,  in my opinion has tarnished it beyond repair.

There is nothing wrong with the FA kick racism out campaign and that should continue, to say this is a low point of WWs is laughable in the extreme, another attempt to shut down the debate and a thin line from actually attempting to call folk out as racist. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, desperado said:

Rudy has spoken about his experiences before, and if you are saying you can't understand his feelings then fine. But, clearly, you aren't. Therefore your post is somewhat patronising. 

Personally, I haven't experienced stuff that he has, however, that is not the subject being addressed. 

If you, and plenty of other can't understand the point being made with specific reference to blm, then that's also fine, but it doesn't make those that feel that way any less worthy of such feelings.

Folk are frankly a tad pissed off with being subject to accusations, suggestions and gestures from a violent, racist, sexist, anti-democratic movement, that has managed to distort the whole issue.

Keep banging on about it, will only create more resentment. However, this seems to be very much a tactic of the blm movement, so they have succeeded.

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You mean some people having a view different to yours 😏

I like how you dropped the middle aged bomb in, as though it's assigned to that particular group.

He should of just dropped in gammon instead. Think I’ll start a take the knee in defence of gammon racism. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Is that your opinion of GF? 

If so, would it make any difference to the whole thing had this whole thing been kicked off by the death of a nice bloke? 

Somehow I doubt it

Not been on in a while

booing young men that take a knee to support their mates who get racist abuse is a shitbag position 

Dress it up how you want (and I’m sure there may be better constructed “actions” than bending on a knee but that’s beside the point) but we all know that’s all they’re doing 

You’re turning on them, not Stalin.

And it ain’t really about George Floyd either (Before you start that he was a criminal) unless Colin Kapaernick had a fucking Delorean and a mad scientist mate.

It was even a symbol of one of the movements we should be proud of in this country FFS: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolitionism_in_the_United_Kingdom

come on lads, we’re better than this 

Edited by jules_darby

2 hours ago, desperado said:

Correct . After what Rudy has said (and Southgate) to be fair taking the knee is all about tackling racism and i will respecr it. the booing needs to stop not the kneeling IMO

17 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You mean some people having a view different to yours 😏

I like how you dropped the middle aged bomb in, as though it's assigned to that particular group.

Clearly it’s not just that specific demographic who are anti take the knee, it was a joke based off Exhibit A:

https://twitter.com/rj_slb/status/1401619532410724357?s=21

how old are you again Mr Grey, though? 😜

Look, I get that you can be not racist and disagree with taking the knee. Even my dad complains about it but I don’t view him as racist.

However, I do think it lacks empathy for the reason the players are obviously doing it. Especially the England players who less than a couple of years ago were subjected to unrestrained racist abuse in Bulgaria. 

Thats probably part of the reason people disagree with it. It’s the whole “well, I’m not racist, I’ve not seen any racism in football matches I’ve been to. Stop taking the knee it’s pointless.” In reality it’s a much bigger issue than that. Seems like every week there’s a player who’s been sent something on social media calling them a monkey or the like. You can pass the buck to the social media companies but why can’t football teams themselves also get involved with combatting it? 

I agree with all the points about BLM being wrong in wanting to defund the police and whatever other Marxist views that were expressed by their representatives but it’s clearly not the message being sent out by the players and so what I’m struggling to understand is:

WHY is the clear and simple message of “anti racism” being distorted into this more complex, almost conspiracy like view?

I know Mr Grey you’re main point is that you don’t like politics and football mixing but as myself and others have pointed out: isn’t the issue of racism more one in line with human rights than politics? Not heard a counter to that argument yet, although I imagine it’ll just feed back into, “BLM = Marxists”

Anyway, it’s clear these views aren’t reconcilable at the minute so that’s me done for tonight. 

fwiw I don’t hold your views against you, I’m just really struggling to see your viewpoint.

Peace and love from the libtard. ✌🏼☮️

16 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Not been on in a while

booing young men that take a knee to support their mates who get racist abuse is a shitbag position 

Dress it up how you want (and I’m sure there may be better constructed “actions” than bending on a knee but that’s beside the point) but we all know that’s all they’re doing 

You’re turning on them, not Stalin.

And it ain’t really about George Floyd either (Before you start that he was a criminal) unless Colin Kapaernick had a fucking Delorean and a mad scientist mate.

It was even a symbol of one of the movements we should be proud of in this country FFS: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolitionism_in_the_United_Kingdom

come on lads, we’re better than this 

This isn’t isn’t about Kapaernick stand, in fact I’d bet many of the players taking the knee never heard of him, it’s about the Floyd murder and how the BLM have used it for political mileage to push their agenda. As for your “we’re better than this” comment, everyone has stated to a man that racism shouldn’t be tolerated so I’m confused as to where that statement is actually going. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mantra said:

.Especially the England players who less than a couple of years ago were subjected to unrestrained racist abuse in Bulgaria. 

Peace and love from the libtard. ✌🏼☮️

I recall listening to radio 5 when some English buglarian bloke rang in to say that he and his mates, who were wearing their colours, got shed loads of verbal abuse of England fans outside Wembley whilst minding their own business having a beer pre match