Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

 

Political agenda? 🤣🤣 footballers are known for that aren’t they. You’ll have it what they haven’t heard of an NFL player but they’ve heard of Marx & Engels? 🤣🤣

FFS

I’m off as swiftly as I came back

Ta ta 👋🏼

😂😂😂👏👏👏

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Which I wholeheartedly support, but if I’m not mistaken black soldiers served, as well as wind rush as a result of WW2, so we honour the dead because they died for our freedom and rightly so but peopl

If I’m totally honest if people want it to stop or boo or not go to their seat then go ahead that’s their choice and their opinion I can’t help but feel as a black lad and a wanderer a little dis

5 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Clearly it’s not just that specific demographic who are anti take the knee, it was a joke based off Exhibit A:

https://twitter.com/rj_slb/status/1401619532410724357?s=21

how old are you again Mr Grey, though? 😜

Look, I get that you can be not racist and disagree with taking the knee. Even my dad complains about it but I don’t view him as racist.

However, I do think it lacks empathy for the reason the players are obviously doing it. Especially the England players who less than a couple of years ago were subjected to unrestrained racist abuse in Bulgaria. 

Thats probably part of the reason people disagree with it. It’s the whole “well, I’m not racist, I’ve not seen any racism in football matches I’ve been to. Stop taking the knee it’s pointless.” In reality it’s a much bigger issue than that. Seems like every week there’s a player who’s been sent something on social media calling them a monkey or the like. You can pass the buck to the social media companies but why can’t football teams themselves also get involved with combatting it? 

I agree with all the points about BLM being wrong in wanting to defund the police and whatever other Marxist views that were expressed by their representatives but it’s clearly not the message being sent out by the players and so what I’m struggling to understand is:

WHY is the clear and simple message of “anti racism” being distorted into this more complex, almost conspiracy like view?

I know Mr Grey you’re main point is that you don’t like politics and football mixing but as myself and others have pointed out: isn’t the issue of racism more one in line with human rights than politics? Not heard a counter to that argument yet, although I imagine it’ll just feed back into, “BLM = Marxists”

Anyway, it’s clear these views aren’t reconcilable at the minute so that’s me done for tonight. 

fwiw I don’t hold your views against you, I’m just really struggling to see your viewpoint.

Peace and love from the libtard. ✌🏼☮️

All fair points fella, seriously though, read back through my post. 

For me it's been about football and how England win this tournament, if was the manager, I'd be saying no distractions and that would include any racial or political gestures that may take on negative and divisive views, we are all going to support England, and when I go watching the game next Friday I don't want to hear booing, it's just gonna spoil the whole experience of being back in a football ground.

The knee should have been sacked off at the end of last season, it was always going to be like this once the crowds were back, rightly or wrongly.

As for players being socially abused on social media by thick armchair fans who have taken the hump because their team have lost is a disgrace, twitter and the like need to get a get a grip of it, and I'm no expert about how they go about that.

I want football back, no razzmatazz, no political or racial statements, just plain old footie, I talk to a lot of fans at work, all support different clubs around the North West, they are fans who attend games and they feel the same, they work all week and they just want to go to the match to see the game and support their team. It really is that simple.

I hear a lot of people in the media who have views on this, and most of the fuckers don't even attend the games, they are probably watching it down the pub nursing half a carlsberg for 2 hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

is it? Is that what those that are actually taking the knee are saying or are you calling them liars?

It’s booing young men wearing 3 lions on their chest for supporting their mates and abuse 

it’s got fuck all to do with anything else.
 

Fuck all

Political agenda? 🤣🤣 footballers are known for that aren’t they. You’ll have it what they haven’t heard of an NFL player but they’ve heard of Marx & Engels? 🤣🤣

FFS

I’m off as swiftly as I came back

Ta ta 👋🏼

Whether you like it or not taking the knee is seen by many as closely connected with BLM and what they stand for, it will never be accepted by millions and the nod to BLM tarnishes anything the players are trying to highlight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Whether you like it or not taking the knee is seen by many as closely connected with BLM and what they stand for, it will never be accepted by millions and the nod to BLM tarnishes anything the players are trying to highlight. 

And loads of people voted Mr Blobby to #1

Doesn’t mean they’re not nobheads for it

You can create causation for anything you wish in order to support your argument.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jules_darby said:

And loads of people voted Mr Blobby to #1

Doesn’t mean they’re not nobheads for it

You can create causation for anything you wish in order to support your argument.

Silly comparison… ta ta. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

All fair points fella, seriously though, read back through my post. 

For me it's been about football and how England win this tournament, if was the manager, I'd be saying no distractions and that would include any racial or political gestures that may take on negative and divisive views, we are all going to support England, and when I go watching the game next Friday I don't want to hear booing, it's just gonna spoil the whole experience of being back in a football ground.

The knee should have been sacked off at the end of last season, it was always going to be like this once the crowds were back, rightly or wrongly.

As for players being socially abused on social media by thick armchair fans who have taken the hump because their team have lost is a disgrace, twitter and the like need to get a get a grip of it, and I'm no expert about how they go about that.

I want football back, no razzmatazz, no political or racial statements, just plain old footie, I talk to a lot of fans at work, all support different clubs around the North West, they are fans who attend games and they feel the same, they work all week and they just want to go to the match to see the game and support their team. It really is that simple.

I hear a lot of people in the media who have views on this, and most of the fuckers don't even attend the games, they are probably watching it down the pub nursing half a carlsberg for 2 hours.

Fair enough in my opinion. I agree that the knee thing maybe should have been retired and a new initiative created.

However, those that boo now really do make themselves look like utter cunts. After everything has been explained and that Kane and the whole England setup explained it isn't about BLM as a political movement you still get this.

I just find it really weird how folk can get so angry about something with good intentions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Whether you like it or not taking the knee is seen by many as closely connected with BLM and what they stand for, it will never be accepted by millions and the nod to BLM tarnishes anything the players are trying to highlight. 

How many times do they all have to say that they are all anti racism and not BLM supporters? Do you think Harry Kane is a liar and secretly as closet Marxist who wants to defend the police?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

And loads of people voted Mr Blobby to #1

Doesn’t mean they’re not nobheads for it

You can create causation for anything you wish in order to support your argument.

...and Joe Dolce' shattupa ya face, fucking criminals, kept Ultravox' Vienna off the number 1 spot, whoever bought that at the time were complete utter dick scratches, although I doubt anyone will admit it 😏

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Winchester White said:

How many times do they all have to say that they are all anti racism and not BLM supporters? Do you think Harry Kane is a liar and secretly as closet Marxist who wants to defend the police?

C'mon fella, Harry is a quality footballer, but he ain't no bright spark, I'm pretty sure he hasn't a clue what he is doing, have you seen his post-match interviews 😅, and tbf he probably just wants to get on that green grass and do his stuff, at the end of the day that is what he's paid to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

C'mon fella, Harry is a quality footballer, but he ain't no bright spark, I'm pretty sure he hasn't a clue what he is doing, have you seen his post-match interviews 😅, and tbf he probably just wants to get on that green grass and do his stuff, at the end of the day that is what he's paid to do.

To be fair, that kind of proves my point to those that are arguing against it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

How many times do they all have to say that they are all anti racism and not BLM supporters? Do you think Harry Kane is a liar and secretly as closet Marxist who wants to defend the police?

To late, the dye is set, it started as a BLM gesture and is tarnished because of that, add to that many folk don’t like political gestures shoved down their throat forever at football games and your going to get booing and dissent until it stops. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

C'mon fella, Harry is a quality footballer, but he ain't no bright spark, I'm pretty sure he hasn't a clue what he is doing, have you seen his post-match interviews 😅, and tbf he probably just wants to get on that green grass and do his stuff, at the end of the day that is what he's paid to do.

They are told what to do, half of them ain’t got a scooby doo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Whether you like it or not taking the knee is seen by many as closely connected with BLM and what they stand for, it will never be accepted by millions and the nod to BLM tarnishes anything the players are trying to highlight. 

Correct.

... & the BLM & other agitators are manipulating them and will continue to do so. It needs parking. The opposition to it won't stop because Southgate sulks about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Correct.

... & the BLM & other agitators are manipulating them and will continue to do so. It needs parking. The opposition to it won't stop because Southgate sulks about it.

He should show proper leadership and stop the team taking the knee, sadly he’s weak, we’re heading out early because we’ve a load of players and management concentrating on a political gesture rather than getting on with the job they’re paid for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

It's not patronising to say there is a lot missing from what you've written. 

There isn't in regards to your post though. You didn't bother to back up why you feel part responsible and embarrassed because of your so called white privilege. Read a book you say.

Not seen any of Rudys posts regarding what issues he's been through in life because of his skin colour. Not sure if he's mentioned any examples. I would however like to listen to him if he has and how it's changed his life for good or worse. 

I grew up in Seacroft, Leeds. Half my mates are ethnic minorities. Although I didn't see them that way growing up... they were just my mates and still are. We went round to each others houses and had tea with our families (Mahshi is possibly the worst meal I've ever eaten)... the occasional sleepover, played Sunday league together etc. It was tough for all growing up. We had very little but I never had anymore or less then any of my mates. Its the way it was.

What I did have though was a insight into how other people from different backgrounds, cultures and religions live. Much more then a book can give and probably more then you've ever had. It wasn't much different from mine and it still isn't. 

It's not me being uneducated or that I don't get it. This might be hard for you to understand but I don't know any different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
On 09/06/2021 at 23:04, Mounts Kipper said:

He should show proper leadership and stop the team taking the knee, sadly he’s weak, we’re heading out early because we’ve a load of players and management concentrating on a political gesture rather than getting on with the job they’re paid for. 

You don't really believe that last statement Shirley? One I don't think Southgate is weak & if we win it or go out early it will have nowt to do with knee taking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

You don't really believe that last statement Shirley? One I don't think Southgate is weak & if we win it or go out early it will have nowt to do with knee taking. 

Surely weakness is giving into the dickhead boo boys?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Stirring the pot again are we 

Not sure why you keep coming onto a thread you find so boring?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.