Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

• Site Supporter

Slow news day, or end of the world?

”Aggressive” new variant has landed in Moscow. Makes people, even those that have been vaccinated, more poorly than previous types.

Time for Uncle Joe to push the button? Short term pain.

• Site Supporter

As they renamed what was known as the Indian variant to the Delta variant, will the Moscow variant be called the Echo variant?

As they renamed what was known as the Indian variant to the Delta variant, will the Moscow variant be called the Echo variant?

😀

8 minutes ago, MickyD said:

😀

Think the Nepal variant (BULLSHIT) is the echo variant. 

So a Moscow variant will be a foxtrot... 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

😀

Shirley the scouse variant would be the Echo? 😁

• Site Supporter

For the record, Boris and his team of furrow-browed doom mongers no longer have my weary attention.

Business as usual now unless something comes along that’s genuinely a threat again.

5 hours ago, Spider said:

For the record, Boris and his team of furrow-browed doom mongers no longer have my weary attention.

Business as usual now unless something comes along that’s genuinely a threat again.

Same here, it's just noise now.

To be honest, apart from going away on holiday, which I'm not that arsed about this year, my life isn't overly affected as things currently stand, so things can stay as they are now for as long as they want for me.

For the record, I also think there is no way we fully "unlock" on 19th July either, they'll be dragging it out beyond then for sure

45 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Same here, it's just noise now.

To be honest, apart from going away on holiday, which I'm not that arsed about this year, my life isn't overly affected as things currently stand, so things can stay as they are now for as long as they want for me.

For the record, I also think there is way we fully "unlock" on 19th July either, they'll be dragging it out beyond then for sure

I don’t disagree, it’s really time this shower of a government was taken to task by the back benches of the Tory party, the opposition really are useless. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t disagree, it’s really time this shower of a government was taken to task by the back benches of the Tory party, the opposition really are useless. 

They’re all shit spineless fuckers

10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t disagree, it’s really time this shower of a government was taken to task by the back benches of the Tory party, the opposition really are useless

That's the key point Mounts, many were pleased when Labour were absolutely annihilated at the last GE, sadly it's now meant that the Conservative party can do what ever they want with no comeback, as there is simply no opposition at all, it seems even those left in the Labour ranks are pretty useless. 

It needs the 1922 Committee to try and do something, otherwise it feels like we'll be in the current situation forever more. Boris can do and say what he wants, he's untouchable.

• Site Supporter
On 18/06/2021 at 13:42, Sweep said:

That's the key point Mounts, many were pleased when Labour were absolutely annihilated at the last GE, sadly it's now meant that the Conservative party can do what ever they want with no comeback, as there is simply no opposition at all, it seems even those left in the Labour ranks are pretty useless. 

It needs the 1922 Committee to try and do something, otherwise it feels like we'll be in the current situation forever more. Boris can do and say what he wants, he's untouchable.

This should read government. 

It's not the party as a whole, or their would be no back bench mps voting against.

On this particular issue, there is very little chance of a vote not being passed as much of the opposition agrees with it.

Whether folk like it or not, the numbers are still rising with some restrictions still in force, so they will need to come down big style within the next 4 weeks.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This should read government. 

It's not the party as a whole, or their would be no back bench mps voting against.

On this particular issue, there is very little chance of a vote not being passed as much of the opposition agrees with it.

Whether folk like it or not, the numbers are still rising with some restrictions still in force, so they will need to come down big style within the next 4 weeks.

No

We just grow some bollocks and face up to the fact that folk will die

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

100%!  cannot belief folk want to prolong this bollocks. 

There’s loads on furlough that do.

I agree with Andrea Leadsom in that there will be people who have had a very easy, relaxed year or so.

the hospitalisations are what this is all about. We are biological beings and will always be susceptible to viruses. It’s about controlling the danger and now we have the vaccine the danger of death is very low. Like flu.

We absolutely have to live with it and accept that a hundred or so people May die each week for a while longer yet. 

we accept it on the roads, because we know that by and large, most accidents are prevented by the safety measures in place.

Unlock in 2 weeks Boris, you big fat useless cunt.

• Members
27 minutes ago, Spider said:

There’s loads on furlough that do.

I agree with Andrea Leadsom in that there will be people who have had a very easy, relaxed year or so.

the hospitalisations are what this is all about. We are biological beings and will always be susceptible to viruses. It’s about controlling the danger and now we have the vaccine the danger of death is very low. Like flu.

We absolutely have to live with it and accept that a hundred or so people May die each week for a while longer yet. 

we accept it on the roads, because we know that by and large, most accidents are prevented by the safety measures in place.

Unlock in 2 weeks Boris, you big fat useless cunt.

This. I've had e-fucking-nough. I plan on going off the rails once the spawn of Satan is born and I don't want to be sat at a table with a frigging mask on!

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

100%!  cannot belief folk want to prolong this bollocks. 

Do you know anyone that actually does?

I doubt it.

We're also a million miles more "free" than this time last year, so we're going in the right direction. 

Your travel abroad is going down the swanny too whilst cases rise, and that's down to other nations' view of our situation. 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Do you know anyone that actually does?

I doubt it.

We're also a million miles more "free" than this time last year, so we're going in the right direction. 

Your travel abroad is going down the swanny too whilst cases rise, and that's down to other nations' view of our situation. 

Happy we have more freedoms, but we need to return to full freedom, government should not have control of personal freedoms. Travel hasn’t gone down Swanny, just that you need to test which I oppose as it’s a money making racket, my flights are booked and I’ll be on that flight without a doubt.  

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not happening.

Not a chance whilst numbers are going up that things will change.

You and plenty of others need to get over it, moaning won't change anything- cases will.

Numbers of infections increasing but few deaths, icu empty, what are we waiting for? 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not happening.

Not a chance whilst numbers are going up that things will change.

You and plenty of others need to get over it, moaning won't change anything- cases will.

Cases

Cases

Cases

It was about protecting the nhs

Job done?

No, lets invent another block

Still, its a good cover for the effects of brexit

If what we have now is as good as we are getting in the summer, get ready for fucking lockdown 18 in october