Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

Cheers for all the messages folks. In my mums true fashion shes not having any of this death malarkey and shes going down swinging haymakers 🤣

Thanks again all, means the world honestly  xx

Like Spider said its been ace we could actually see her. Me and my brother spent all last night recapping mad stories from when we were kids and beyond, she was nodding and even managed a couple of grins.

Anyway I wont rattle on, Just having another £345 costa ;)

20210928_071523.jpg

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Cheers for all the messages folks. In my mums true fashion shes not having any of this death malarkey and shes going down swinging haymakers 🤣

Thanks again all, means the world honestly  xx

Like Spider said its been ace we could actually see her. Me and my brother spent all last night recapping mad stories from when we were kids and beyond, she was nodding and even managed a couple of grins.

Anyway I wont rattle on, Just having another £345 costa ;)

20210928_071523.jpg

Be careful how you post your photos,  mate,  it'll spill! 

Glad to hear mum's fighting. 

53 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nicola delaying vaccine passports for at least two weeks.

Esco, over to you.

Not quite how I understand it. More that it comes into force but there won’t be any checks for a couple of weeks In terms of penalties for non compliance?

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Not quite how I understand it. More that it comes into force but there won’t be any checks for a couple of weeks In terms of penalties for non compliance?

A grace period, aye.

Not sure that it will last that long though. 

They don't bother me in principle; when France said they were doing them the number of young ones getting jabbed went up.

I think a similar thing's happened here, though proportionally, young adults are still less likely to have had it.

I would assume that a similar result will be happening north of the border too, so don't envisage them being around for long.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A grace period, aye.

Not sure that it will last that long though. 

They don't bother me in principle; when France said they were doing them the number of young ones getting jabbed went up.

I think a similar thing's happened here, though proportionally, young adults are still less likely to have had it.

I would assume that a similar result will be happening north of the border too, so don't envisage them being around for long.

Tbh pal I’ve stopped reading the news about it all such a long time ago now I just get on with what I’m doing and let everyone else get embroiled in the shite. If folk don’t want to get jabbed don’t get jabbed. 

as an aside I’ve felt rough for a couple days and last night was really poorly so just been for a pcr this afternoon. Right now I feel “ok” in half an hour I will likely feel like the end is nigh and repeat over and over. It’s the strangest thing 

On 26/09/2021 at 22:37, gonzo said:

My mum is about to become the latest victim of this wanker of a virus.

Went in hospital 3 weeks ago. We don't know which came first out of the problems that are ravaging her body but they are covid, pneumonia and liver failure.

Shes today been put on end of life.

Sorry If I seem like an attention seeking nob head putting shit like this on here, but in all honestly as throughout my life places like this a booting off on twitter helps me through life and offers a continuous departure from actual real life.

Absolutely the shittest day of my life bar none.

Im having a break from the hospital while our kid is there then dad through the night.

Absolutely shit.

So sorry to hear, thoughts and love to you and the family. 

On 27/09/2021 at 19:16, Spider said:

Sorry to put this in here right now, and please don’t think me crass.

We lost our mum last April at the peak of the first lockdown, and there were 3 of us at her funeral. Bleakest day of my life by a distance.

We are having her ashes interred next month and a “proper” funeral as it’s the first chance we’ve had to get everyone together.

I will be forever grateful that I got to spend my mums last few days on earth by her side. It’s a shit shit shit situation and nowt prepares you. Nothing at all.

Had a cry earlier just reading this knowing what Gonzo’s going through.

just be there. You’ll cherish the fact you were.

Regardless of her condition, she’ll know you’re there and by Christ that’s a big help.

Hugs.

When I heard your story last year, that was hard you really went through everything.

I know we're not mates as we've not met but we have many mutual friends - plus my Mrs thinks you're piss funny on Facebook (I naturally disagree) but felt you dealt with things as well as you could and it'll probably take time but massive respect and all our sympathy for what you and your sister had to go through last year.

You are right. No matter what, your Mum has always got your back.

Two of my team have been off with COVID in the last few weeks. This latest variant seems a right fucker. Both have suffered (and continue to do so) really badly. It’s not gone away. Can’t say I’d be surprised if we start to see restrictions again. Amazes me though when I see folk walking into supermarkets and not using the hand sanitizer. At least do that if nowt else. 

2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Two of my team have been off with COVID in the last few weeks. This latest variant seems a right fucker. Both have suffered (and continue to do so) really badly. It’s not gone away. Can’t say I’d be surprised if we start to see restrictions again. Amazes me though when I see folk walking into supermarkets and not using the hand sanitizer. At least do that if nowt else. 

Looks like a few are becoming to realise you can't just dismiss 30 off thousand cases a day, like plenty on here have. That will continue, people will get i,ll, people will die. But it's ok you'd had your freedom day, all restrictions gone. Other European countries have got the infection rates right down through maintaining restrictions. Let's see what Blundering Boris does now.

24 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Looks like a few are becoming to realise you can't just dismiss 30 off thousand cases a day, like plenty on here have. That will continue, people will get i,ll, people will die. But it's ok you'd had your freedom day, all restrictions gone. Other European countries have got the infection rates right down through maintaining restrictions. Let's see what Blundering Boris does now.

Fuck all to do with Boris. Personal choice. There’s a reason there was no flu last winter. Folk washed their hands. It’s not up to him. You’re basically saying we can’t be filthy scutters without Boris telling us what to do. Aye OK

Have been semi-deliberately avoiding this thread for a few weeks and now feel a bit of a twat for missing everything that@gonzo is going through. Can only echo what everyone else is saying. Make sure you’re there for your mum right the way through, and very much for your dad thereafter.

I’m sure she’ll be putting up one hell of a fight and it’ll mean the world to her to have you alongside her. 

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Fuck all to do with Boris. Personal choice. There’s a reason there was no flu last winter. Folk washed their hands. It’s not up to him. You’re basically saying we can’t be filthy scutters without Boris telling us what to do. Aye OK

Whenever I come down to London, I always find myself kind of studying people’s behaviour and comparing it to up north. So different in so many ways. Tried to informally compare mask wearing and people using the free sanitisers etc. I’d say it’s about 60-40 in favour of people wearing masks on public transport versus probably 20-80 at home in my experience. However, I tend to find most people use the hand sanitiser in Aldi at home (and queue to do so) whereas I’ve literally not seen anyone use the sanitiser at Tube stations. Maybe they carry their own, or maybe they’re just filthy bastards. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

8 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

So you don't think freedom day had anything to do with Boris. Aye ok.

9 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

However, I tend to find most people use the hand sanitiser in Aldi at home (and queue to do so) whereas I’ve literally not seen anyone use the sanitiser at Tube stations. Maybe they carry their own, or maybe they’re just filthy bastards. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Whenever I go to the Supermarkets, and as Mrs Sweep has Asthma (I know it's a made up ailment like ADHD, SAD and being lefthanded) then it's been down to me for the last 12 months or so, I never use the sanitiser they leave outside, as I've always thought who sanitises that big button thing you press on the top - in public places, I only use the sanitiser if it's a contactless one. Anyway, that's why I always have my own in the car, so I can sanitise before I get near to a trolley or a basket....or the great unwashed.

Sadly, down here, though, as you've said, it does seem to be only about 1 in every 2 that's wearing a mask these days...although you do still get turfed out of our village shop if you're not wearing one

16 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Whenever I go to the Supermarkets, and as Mrs Sweep has Asthma (I know it's a made up ailment like ADHD, SAD and being lefthanded) then it's been down to me for the last 12 months or so, I never use the sanitiser they leave outside, as I've always thought who sanitises that big button thing you press on the top - in public places, I only use the sanitiser if it's a contactless one. Anyway, that's why I always have my own in the car, so I can sanitise before I get near to a trolley or a basket....or the great unwashed.

Sadly, down here, though, as you've said, it does seem to be only about 1 in every 2 that's wearing a mask these days...although you do still get turfed out of our village shop if you're not wearing one

I think as long as you don't suck your fingers between pushing the button and sanitising your hands you should be OK.

7 minutes ago, Nowack said:

I think as long as you don't suck your fingers between pushing the button and sanitising your hands you should be OK.

I know that, I just prefer to use my own (especially as work sent me about 100 small bottles of the stuff) 🙂

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Already put this on twitter but I need to reiterate the point. 

My brother who my mum had before she met my Dad came to see her last night after 21 years of not speaking a word to eachother.

All about some poxy row. She smiled and even had energy to shed a tear. Fuck me folks, if youve fell out with your nearest, go and get it sorted x

I fell out with my old man back end of 2019. Never spoke to him until I got the call To say he was seriously ill. Even then I wasn’t going to go and see him but my missus made me go basically. I went to see him under extreme coaxing and spent 30 mins with him and that was the last time I ever saw him alive as he died 3 days later. 

your words are very very wise pal. 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

So you don't think freedom day had anything to do with Boris. Aye ok.

Do your own research, look back and read/listen to the words of the cmo.

When Australia is fully vaccinated and re open, watch their cases rise too.

Boris didn't tell people to give false details when going into pubs, to delete an app, refuse to isolate, go about their business despite having symptoms, etc etc.

At the end of the day, people make choices.

In the main, they didn't want to remain under restrictions for time immemorial.

You may want to, good luck.