Spider

• Moderators
Just now, gonzo said:

What's this strep malarkey then?

Cant say I've heard of it.

When are the pubs closing?

Mrs been going on about that as well 

Latest case in Bolton 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2022/dec/03/father-of-girl-4-with-strep-a-praying-for-a-miracle?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1670073897

• 3 weeks later...

Finally succumbed to it. Got back from Prague last Thursday. Bit of a cough on Friday, then cold/flu like symptoms. 
I’ve had worse but I took a test everyday and only confirmed positive on Wednesday. 
Lots of reports of similar symptoms. If I was a betting man, I’d say that masks will be mandatory again soon.
We have to take a test before flying in a weeks time so hopefully, all will be clear. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Finally succumbed to it. Got back from Prague last Thursday. Bit of a cough on Friday, then cold/flu like symptoms. 
I’ve had worse but I took a test everyday and only confirmed positive on Wednesday. 
Lots of reports of similar symptoms. If I was a betting man, I’d say that masks will be mandatory again soon.
We have to take a test before flying in a weeks time so hopefully, all will be clear. 

Hope you feel better soon, be thankful you have the very mild version 😊 

That said, you could have covid plus a cold or flu or an.other bug, there is that much going round at the moment.

I have to say, come the end of autumn it would make sense to make masks recommended in places like supermarkets where old folk are most likely to mix. 

14 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Hope you feel better soon, be thankful you have the very mild version 😊 

That said, you could have covid plus a cold or flu or an.other bug, there is that much going round at the moment.

I have to say, come the end of autumn it would make sense to make masks recommended in places like supermarkets where old folk are most likely to mix. 

Thanks. After 4 vacs and a flu jab, it may have been worse. 🤷‍♂️
To be honest, if it wasn’t for this forthcoming trip, I wouldn’t have bothered taking a test. I suspect many others have the symptoms but just put it down to seasonal flu which is pretty much what it has now become.

Flew to Spain Sunday, was rough before I left, congested lungs all week, headache, etc, never tested but just felt rough, still lungs are congested but better as I’m taking medication, breathing not as good as it should be but just starting to improve and feel better. Hopefully couple more days chilling and the sun and I’ll be back to 100%.🙏

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Thanks. After 4 vacs and a flu jab, it may have been worse. 🤷‍♂️
To be honest, if it wasn’t for this forthcoming trip, I wouldn’t have bothered taking a test. I suspect many others have the symptoms but just put it down to seasonal flu which is pretty much what it has now become.

I wouldn't be surprised if Omicron and its similar varieties are now much less deadly than flu. It was because Covid was a novel and nasty virus thatit caused so much harm at for so long.

At least I think so from what I have read, I am no expert by any means.

• Site Supporter

90% of the people I know are poorly at the minute

Daughter spent all last night throwing up, Missus has a bad cold, a mate has been off work all week struggling to breathe.

Im just glad I’m made of rocks and distilled fortitude.

Edited by Spider

I keep getting letters from NHS saying I need to book my booster vaccine as I am over 50 or have an underlying condition 

I'm neither 

So after numerous letters I thought fuck it I'll get an appointment booked 

But I can't and the reason is I'm not over 50 and don't have underlying condition

Well stop fucking writing to me then 

11 hours ago, Spider said:

90% of the people I know are poorly at the minute

Daughter spent all last night throwing up, Missus has a bad cold, a mate has been off work all week struggling to breathe.

Im just glad I’m made of rocks and distilled fortitude.

Yeah, something nasty about. Me and the Mrs been ill all week, never had a cough like it, finally stopped yesterday but I've had a week of hacking my lungs up.

9 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

I keep getting letters from NHS saying I need to book my booster vaccine as I am over 50 or have an underlying condition 

I'm neither 

But I can't and the reason is I'm not over 50 and don't have underlying condition

😂🤣😂

• Moderators
10 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

I'm neither 

Just go to a walk in with the letter

First time around there were some very odd 'underlying conditions'

Diabetes was, asthma wasnt

10 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Countries starting to introduce restrictions on Chinese visitors 

Booting off over there big time, just as they're allowing more travel out of the country.

Sweeps supplies could be dropping off again.

They've never really picked up, loads of areas have been in lockdown for months now with loads of cases. It'll get even worse out there in a few weeks time, once they start moving around for Chinese New Year.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Sweep said:

They've never really picked up, loads of areas have been in lockdown for months now with loads of cases. It'll get even worse out there in a few weeks time, once they start moving around for Chinese New Year.

TV bloke the other day was saying how trade flows had largely got back to normal now, with containers back where they should be etc.

It's the production that is the main limiting factor now then?

Just got to hope they get this wave over with and then they gradually get to a situation like the rest if us.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Day 4 of Covid here, first time too. Exactly same symptoms as normal cold but think may last longer. Normally ok by now. 

I’m lost here. If you have the same symptoms as you would with a cold, how do you know it’s Covid and not a cold?

If I have a cold, I have a cold. Why would I test to see if my cold is Covid.

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I’m lost here. If you have the same symptoms as you would with a cold, how do you know it’s Covid and not a cold?

If I have a cold, I have a cold. Why would I test to see if my cold is Covid.

Had a RAT confirming Covid. We all have a responsibility to try and limit transmission IMO so currently isolating as best I can.