Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

• Site Supporter

4 of us at my mums funeral

We could have ignored the rules and turned up in our dozens, creating a really bad situation.

We didn’t. Followed the rules because we knew a virus was going around that killed folk, especially elderly/vulnerable ones.

So 4 of us had a funeral that was absolutely nothing like the one our mum wanted.

But, you know, beer and cake.

31 minutes ago, Spider said:

We could have ignored the rules and turned up in our dozens, creating a really bad situation.

We didn’t. Followed the rules because we knew a virus was going around that killed folk, especially elderly/vulnerable ones.

So 4 of us had a funeral that was absolutely nothing like the one our mum wanted.

Your past few posts have made my blood boil for you. Fuck knows how you dealt with it without wanting to go all Liam Neeson on the cunts. RIP to your mum. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

🤍

9 hours ago, lobbypond said:

Your past few posts have made my blood boil for you. Fuck knows how you dealt with it without wanting to go all Liam Neeson on the cunts. RIP to your mum. 

My thoughts entirely. Feel kind of bad liking the posts but its more a recognition.

That picture of spiders mum behind the glass should be published with the sue gray report on the front page of every tabloid.

Absolute cunts. I still cant get my head around people playing to down or defending them. How entrenched can you be??

Just think about the human sacrifice and suffering faced by familes like Spiders. Then think and Boris and his mates drinking champagne and laughing all their way to the bank as if nothing was happening.

How can people play that down?! Unbelievable.

• Site Supporter

I was asked if I should be angry at the fact there was a lockdown at all.

in the first few months of Covid we had no idea how bad it could get. It was killing thousands of people every week but now folk are trying to rewrite history.

The lockdowns made sense at the time and despite how hard it was, me and tens of thousands of others just accepted the situation, and did the right thing even though it was hard.

That the people making the rules didn’t feel they had to was a kick in the bollocks and unforgivable.

But now, 3 years on it seems folk want to suggest they were the wrong thing to do. They weren’t.

The wrong thing to do was impose them whilst quaffing ale with your mates whilst all this was happening.

Move on. 

54 minutes ago, gonzo said:

My thoughts entirely. Feel kind of bad liking the posts but its more a recognition.

That picture of spiders mum behind the glass should be published with the sue gray report on the front page of every tabloid.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it 🥺

• Site Supporter

Agree entirely. 
we had the same with my uncle who died of it alone in hospital. 
though obviously not as emotionally attached as spider to his mum I can fully understand his anger as we went through the same. 

people getting more angry about  Sue Grey joining labour than they did about Boris and his arseholes taking the piss out of all of us need to give their heads a wobble .

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I was asked if I should be angry at the fact there was a lockdown at all.

in the first few months of Covid we had no idea how bad it could get. It was killing thousands of people every week but now folk are trying to rewrite history.

The lockdowns made sense at the time and despite how hard it was, me and tens of thousands of others just accepted the situation, and did the right thing even though it was hard.

That the people making the rules didn’t feel they had to was a kick in the bollocks and unforgivable.

But now, 3 years on it seems folk want to suggest they were the wrong thing to do. They weren’t.

The wrong thing to do was impose them whilst quaffing ale with your mates whilst all this was happening.

Move on. 

Really gutted for you and others who lost relatives during the lockdown under these circumstances.  People will not forget the hypocrisy and lies of this government despite the attempts of their supporters to rewrite history.

• Site Supporter

Don’t get me wrong, some of the lockdowns in 2021 were a bit odd, and could have maybe been done a bit better, but overall those initial lockdowns were completely needed. Only a total retard (or conspiracy nonce) would find a way to disagree.

No issue with the lockdowns. Big, big issue with the folk in power taking the piss out of us.

Less of an issue with the people who think it was ok, they’re the lucky ones who only lost the chance for a few extra holidays. Poor little lambs.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Big, big issue with the folk in power taking the piss out of us.

I still find it amazing that this has pretty much been swept under the carpet

Obviously not everybody lost somebody during lockdown, but I think pretty much everybody will remember the images of the Queen, sat on her own at Prince Philips funeral, whilst if my memory serves me right they were having a party at 10 Downing Street the evening before (not that Johnson was at that one I don't think)

Plenty were fined as a punishment, but in reality, the Prime Minister should have lost his job over it, or at the very least shown a touch of remorse. Still, he scruffs his hair up, wears ill fitting suits and pretends to be eccentric, so it's all good 

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

I still find it amazing that this has pretty much been swept under the carpet

Obviously not everybody lost somebody during lockdown, but I think pretty much everybody will remember the images of the Queen, sat on her own at Prince Philips funeral, whilst if my memory serves me right they were having a party at 10 Downing Street the evening before (not that Johnson was at that one I don't think)

Plenty were fined as a punishment, but in reality, the Prime Minister should have lost his job over it, or at the very least shown a touch of remorse. Still, he scruffs his hair up, wears ill fitting suits and pretends to be eccentric, so it's all good 

Well the enquiry is still endlessly ongoing.

On 05/03/2023 at 15:21, Sweep said:

I personally loved the lockdowns, I can see why some didn't, but for me, I really didn't have a problem with any of them

You would have loved it back up here in Bolton, the most locked down town in the country

58 minutes ago, Gonk said:

You would have loved it back up here in Bolton, the most locked down town in the country

I was alright on lockdown but the one where everyone could have a pint except Bolton was a bit poo.

My brother who lives down south now thought it was quite amusing till his town/village went into tier 4. We were the tier 3 kings.

Edited by tomski

• Site Supporter

Apart from the obvious, and I'm so sorry for people who lost family and friends. Or even had to watch them suffer, through windows and on phones. If we had to have a pandemic it couldn't have come at a better time for me.

I'd started to claim my state pension as I didn't know if or when I'd be back at work. A few weeks later I was called back in (I'm a support worker) so I had money coming out of my arse. No match to go to, no pub to go to, nowt to spend it on. It was just test test test every day all through it.

I lost two stone not drinking, which is back on now, and due to people leaving what is a poorly paid job I'm still there three days a week.

Having said all that, I didn't do as well  out of it as the Top Brass down Whitehall way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Been going to the hospital for my busted ankle for a few weeks.

they haven’t mentioned Covid once.

Last night I get 3 text messages waffling on about Covid before my next appointment.

Highly probable it’s on the rise again, the may even start a push on vaccines again.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Every fucker I know is ill.

All testing negative but this doesnt half feel like covid.

The stevieb in me is wondering if the tests are different or this could be a new strain?

Its spreading round like wildfire.

It’s the flu, remember good old days when it took out couple thousand a winter and nobody batted an eyelid?