• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve missed this 🥰

Eh up covid police are here.     

1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

Latest fucking stupid rule. Rang up to book an appointment to register baby's birth. Got told baby can't come due to covid. Yeah makes sense that. 

It's a shit show

I was feeling poorly on Monday so went on the NHS App, I didn't have the relevant symptoms and it told me "I probably do not have Covid". So I put on PPE and went and got a test kit (we've already been into that one in detail).

That then read positive and I entered the result into the App. I then received a code by email and text to put into my App but the App didn't recognise it. Why didn't this happen automatically?

In the meantime I received text and email telling me to make an appointment at my nearest test centre (28 miles away) for a PCR test the same day. After half an hour of online form filling I got to the appointments bit and it told me there was a technical issue and I should try again which I did a dozen times. I phoned the help line and eventually got to speak with a what I presume to be a human being who told me that the appointments I was trying to book did not exist as they had closed for the day and I shouldn't have received a technical error response.

So I booked and had my test the next day. In the meantime I googled things and it appears the NHS App does not update automatically and once I had updated it accepted my code and I was told to book a test (again). But I did get a nice red 10 on my phone.

Got a positive PCR test result this morning and was then bombarded by test and trace emails. Tried to answer their questionnaire but they required a 10 character password and every one I tried was not strong enough. by this time I had a throbbing headache and was feeling like a bag of sh 1 t. After throwing my phone across the room I persevered and filled in their friggin' questionnaire which didn't ask me for my actual contact details just locations so what good was that?

World Beating my Arse

We landed back from Antigua today, our son at home tested positive 8 days ago, so we've ended up going straight from the airport to the caravan for a few days until his 10 days are done.

On another note, our motorways are fucking wank. Left Gatwick at 12 noon and bar a short 20 minute pitstop halfway, it took the best part of 8hrs to get tho Tesco at Carnforth for supplies.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Dimron said:

It's a shit show

I was feeling poorly on Monday so went on the NHS App, I didn't have the relevant symptoms and it told me "I probably do not have Covid". So I put on PPE and went and got a test kit (we've already been into that one in detail).

That then read positive and I entered the result into the App. I then received a code by email and text to put into my App but the App didn't recognise it. Why didn't this happen automatically?

In the meantime I received text and email telling me to make an appointment at my nearest test centre (28 miles away) for a PCR test the same day. After half an hour of online form filling I got to the appointments bit and it told me there was a technical issue and I should try again which I did a dozen times. I phoned the help line and eventually got to speak with a what I presume to be a human being who told me that the appointments I was trying to book did not exist as they had closed for the day and I shouldn't have received a technical error response.

So I booked and had my test the next day. In the meantime I googled things and it appears the NHS App does not update automatically and once I had updated it accepted my code and I was told to book a test (again). But I did get a nice red 10 on my phone.

Got a positive PCR test result this morning and was then bombarded by test and trace emails. Tried to answer their questionnaire but they required a 10 character password and every one I tried was not strong enough. by this time I had a throbbing headache and was feeling like a bag of sh 1 t. After throwing my phone across the room I persevered and filled in their friggin' questionnaire which didn't ask me for my actual contact details just locations so what good was that?

World Beating my Arse

I think there are gdpr type rules which prevent automatic updating between systems.

The app is nothing to do with track and trace, so you end up having to do some legwork.

7 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think there are gdpr type rules which prevent automatic updating between systems.

The app is nothing to do with track and trace, so you end up having to do some legwork.

32 billion spent on T&T for a population of 65 million means that I am owed half a million pounds worth of support.

Where do I go for a refund?

3 minutes ago, Dimron said:

32 billion spent on T&T for a population of 65 million means that I am owed half a million pounds worth of support.

Owed just short of £500?

3 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Owed just short of £500?

65 mill x £500 = £32.5 mill

3 more zeros need to be put on the end... and the incestuous gravy train grabbing fkkrs will keep getting away with it as long as they keep going on the telly guffawing their nonsense and the public keep believing them

3 minutes ago, Dimron said:

65 mill x £500 = £32.5 mill

3 more zeros need to be put on the end... and the incestuous gravy train grabbing fkkrs will keep getting away with it as long as they keep going on the telly guffawing their nonsense and the public keep believing them

65,000,000 x £500 = £32,500,000,000.

That’s £32.5bn in the way report figures, Shirley?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dimron said:

That much hasn't been spent has it- was covered some time ago, so you'll need to redo your maths.

Not that it's relevant anyway. If the law says there are certain things the app can't do, then don't blame it, nor the system it operates in. As I said, it isn't part of track and trace neither.

Remember, making it more controlling would have all sorts of civil liberties people screaming even louder than they already did. Hence more input from individuals needed.

At least no one has nailed your doors closed.