Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

1 hour ago, Zico said:

friend of a friend, 36

caught it around 27th Dec

keeled over and died on NYE

initiallty thought it was a heart attack but his death certificate came back with covid induced pneumonia

Boss, 43 (age btw. Rules - tiny) tested positive on 8th Jan and felt like shite. Much worse than before

3 days later she’s in hospital with pneumonia and is very, very poorly still

38 minutes ago, royal white said:

Would you stay off if it was the flu?

Yeah, because if it'd been actual flu I'd have struggled to get out of bed, nevermind getting the tube or watch a show.

As I say, its like a bad cold this.

And also in theatre you need to do covid tests everyday because it costs a lot to get the swing performers on and shows can be closed for a few days if it starts going round and there aren't enough swing covers or crew start getting it - so it's a three line whip.

So, I did a test because I'd have been backstage and at the aftershow, and given it was a one-woman show - there'd be no one to cover her. Or rather, it'd be a rather dissapointing show for the punters if they did 😁

16 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

And also in theatre you need to do covid tests everyday because it costs a lot to get the swing performers on and shows can be closed for a few days if it starts going round and there aren't enough swing covers or crew start getting it - so it's a three line whip.

So, I did a test because I'd have been backstage and at the aftershow, and given it was a one-woman show - there'd be no one to cover her. Or rather, it'd be a rather dissapointing show for the punters if they did 😁

I don't. Not production/technical staff though.

What's the one-woman show?

Just now, jmjhb said:

I don't. Not production/technical staff though.

What's the one-woman show?

Really? We do usually - Mrs is doing it for her Press day tomorrow for Little Big Things and does for Wicked.

Although I didn't for my PN on Wednesday- which is where I probably picked it up from - mind you she's much more important than me and works on far bigger shows 😁

• 4 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Ani said:

The loons on X are also not giving first hand accounts it is always some they know in their friendship group who are scared to speak out themselves. 

If they had "first hand accounts" they wouldn't want to speak out, nothing to do with the tiktoks, purely as they would have seen things that they wouldn't want to share. 

Not once have they offered any counselling or support to the patients on the wards, reason being is most of the ones that went into those high dependency wards didn't come back out. 

The fact that these people still state it was fake is beyond reasonable understanding. 

14 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

It’s Shite according to GB New

They now quote all their ‘sources’ from the loons on X.

https://www.gbnews.com/celebrity/itv-breathtaking-unrealistic-failed

I know people take the piss out of GB News, and quite rightly, because it's absolutely fucking awful - but this sort of article really does make them look ridiculous, unless they're doing it on purpose now, and they've become some sort of parody channel.

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

I know people take the piss out of GB News, and quite rightly, because it's absolutely fucking awful - but this sort of article really does make them look ridiculous, unless they're doing it on purpose now, and they've become some sort of parody channel.

Aye

it’s awful

23 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Started about two weeks ago, can't shift it 

No catarrh so just a dry cough

Medicine not doing owt, got COVID tests and its not that either  

Started with flu like symptoms for me then just the cough. Went to the doctors on Monday and she diagnosed the 100 day thing. Told me to come back in a couple of weeks if it hasn’t cleared. That will then be about 59 days. Still a bit of leeway.😊