Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Spider said:

Melbourne

a dozen cases and they've been locked down for months now.

Riots breaking out after Dan Andrews (Premier of Victoria) ordered all construction to stop for 2 weeks.

It's mental over there. 

https://twitter.com/BernieSpofforth/status/1440207093089202183?s=20

I get going for a zero covid policy when there's no vaccines or testing, but if that's still the aim when theirs vaccines and testing available going on, can understand the unrest

quick look at that thread suggests 1/3 cases are linked to construction as half of the construction sites aren't following even the most basic of regulations

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

I get going for a zero covid policy when there's no vaccines or testing, but if that's still the aim when theirs vaccines and testing available going on, can understand the unrest

quick look at that thread suggests 1/3 cases are linked to construction as half of the construction sites aren't following even the most basic of regulations

'stralia

6 hours ago, Spider said:

Melbourne

a dozen cases and they've been locked down for months now.

Riots breaking out after Dan Andrews (Premier of Victoria) ordered all construction to stop for 2 weeks.

It's mental over there. 

https://twitter.com/BernieSpofforth/status/1440207093089202183?s=20

It wasn’t long ago folk were saying we should be copying Australia and NZ 

4 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

They did it right at the start for sure, but why they are still doing it now is a surprise. Are they well behind in the vaccine stakes?

Power trip! 

Half these cunts could carry on these draconian laws down south with fuck all deaths for the crack. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, waffer cup 07 said:

Of which Boris and his advisors had no control.

Sorry to sound so heartless here, and no-one likes folk dying, but we’re dealing with a virus that - like the flu - is here to stay and can now only be managed within reasonable parameters.

We accept , but do not like, cancer deaths. We work towards reducing them but we know it’s a thing, an incurable thing for so many.

200 is shit, but if you think Covid is going away then you’re puddled.

20 minutes ago, Spider said:

Sorry to sound so heartless here, and no-one likes folk dying, but we’re dealing with a virus that - like the flu - is here to stay and can now only be managed within reasonable parameters.

We accept , but do not like, cancer deaths. We work towards reducing them but we know it’s a thing, an incurable thing for so many.

200 is shit, but if you think Covid is going away then you’re puddled.

He’s the covid equivalent of fartelli 😴

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, royal white said:

WTF? 🤷🏻

Quite. Not untypical though.

Numbers are unpleasantly high, but looking at the link I posted, there is categorically a case for getting vaccinated.

Still around 20% of those eligible not double done.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that some restrictions may come in again over winter, but it was clear that our society wouldn't accept continued lockdowns etc.

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not beyond the realms of possibility that some restrictions may come in again over winter, but it was clear that our society wouldn't accept continued lockdowns etc.

at least the talk of a mini "fire break" over half term in October seems to have gone away now

2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Been pinged by the app this morning. Apparently been within 2m of someone for 15 minutes on 19th. So that will be the tube, wearing a mask or the train home.

As I am double jabbed I just have to have a PCR test, seems reasonable.

Delete the app.

• Site Supporter

Text from primary school.

Several positive cases. Sensibly, they've just asked parents to test kids every night for a couple of weeks rather than send them all home.

My daughter has had cold symptoms for a few days so I'll test her.

This approach is much better. We know kids aren't suffering with it, but slowing the spread is still a good idea.

It's still all very tiresome.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite. Not untypical though.

Numbers are unpleasantly high, but looking at the link I posted, there is categorically a case for getting vaccinated.

Still around 20% of those eligible not double done.

And no doubt it will be those 20% screaming the loudest if any restrictions do come in place