Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

Australia catching up rapidly vaccines wise. Problem they have is certain states have been largely unaffected by Covid, coupled with large areas of remoteness is breeding complacency. Not sure WA or QLD will get to 80% never mind 90% vaccination of eligible folk. 

Internal borders supposed to open at 80%, Covid is out in VIC and NSW, but basically zero elsewhere. The leaders of the states with zero Covid in danger of setting unachievable targets before letting Covid in. 

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Delete the app.

52 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

This. 

Why? I am happy enough to have a PCR, more than likely it will be negative but there is a small chance I have caught it again.  If the slight inconvenience of having a test means I don't potentially pass it on to little old Doris doing her shopping in Coop then job's a good'un.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Why? I am happy enough to have a PCR, more than likely it will be negative but there is a small chance I have caught it again.  If the slight inconvenience of having a test means I don't potentially pass it on to little old Doris doing her shopping in Coop then job's a good'un.

This, 100%

3 hours ago, Spider said:

Sorry to sound so heartless here, and no-one likes folk dying, but we’re dealing with a virus that - like the flu - is here to stay and can now only be managed within reasonable parameters.

We accept , but do not like, cancer deaths. We work towards reducing them but we know it’s a thing, an incurable thing for so many.

200 is shit, but if you think Covid is going away then you’re puddled.

sars1 went away after about 18 months . like disappeared from the face of the earth. 

they were hyping sars2 as a pandemic back when only about 4 people in china had it. 

really weird thinking back. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Llamas!

Tiny nanobodies discovered in these creatures that apparently attach to the virus and render it fucked. 

No human trials yet, but could be given as a nasal spray!

Science in action.

I knew offing Geronimo would come back to bite us . 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Are people still doing the app? 

I have it installed, even though I don't have to isolate any more, unless I get it

but if I do get it, I'll submit to let anyone who's been near me, and using the app, that they should probably get tested too (I don't expect anyone to isolate if they get pinged anymore, but they should get tested)

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Zico said:

I have it installed, even though I don't have to isolate any more, unless I get it

but if I do get it, I'll submit to let anyone who's been near me, and using the app, that they should probably get tested too (I don't expect anyone to isolate if they get pinged anymore, but they should get tested)

Yep. The app has been softened too, so less likely to get pinged in the first place.

6 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Little old Doris will be triple jabbed before long. 

Make sure you get tested for all other airborne viruses :)

• Site Supporter
Just now, gonzo said:

Little old Doris will be triple jabbed before long. 

Make sure you get tested for all other airborne viruses :)

A number of folk with multiple jabs aren't protected by it. Just the way it is.

My mum could be one of them. For the sake of just using the app..

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A number of folk with multiple jabs aren't protected by it. Just the way it is.

My mum could be one of them. For the sake of just using the app..

A lot of folk with multiple jabs aren't protected from a million and 1 other viruses. 

We cant be pissing about on aps and tests forever. 

Need to just get on with it.

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

School the younger kids go to reporting the highest rate of infection in staff and kids since the whole shit show started.

Tin foil lads might suggest it's all a ploy to get the teens pushed into the jab I suppose.

Highest in secondary school pupils at the moment. Bound to rise, thought it might have happened a bit sooner tbh.

Not a ploy, it's just a fact of life now. We want kids in education, so jab em.

My mum is about to become the latest victim of this wanker of a virus.

Went in hospital 3 weeks ago. We don't know which came first out of the problems that are ravaging her body but they are covid, pneumonia and liver failure.

Shes today been put on end of life.

Sorry If I seem like an attention seeking nob head putting shit like this on here, but in all honestly as throughout my life places like this a booting off on twitter helps me through life and offers a continuous departure from actual real life.

Absolutely the shittest day of my life bar none.

Im having a break from the hospital while our kid is there then dad through the night.

Absolutely shit.

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

My mum is about to become the latest victim of this wanker of a virus.

Went in hospital 3 weeks ago. We don't know which came first out of the problems that are ravaging her body but they are covid, pneumonia and liver failure.

Shes today been put on end of life.

Sorry If I seem like an attention seeking nob head putting shit like this on here, but in all honestly as throughout my life places like this a booting off on twitter helps me through life and offers a continuous departure from actual real life.

Absolutely the shittest day of my life bar none.

Im having a break from the hospital while our kid is there then dad through the night.

Absolutely shit.

Keep your chin up pal as best you can. Devastating news.  Thoughts are with you and the family.