Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England

desperado

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

What you mean didn’t warrant it, clean sheets and being hard To best is key, would you rather ship in 3 and teams figure out how to beat us?

I'd rather play one DM, especially against run-of-the-mill teams and have the playets to feed the forwards.

Then, because we're actually, y'know, causing the oposition issues and possible scoring a few the defense is in a better state.

Anyway, if you think what we've seen so far is a team capable of beating France, Italy, Germany, Portugal then fair play. 

3 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Can't be as I enjoyed last night even though we were a bit biz 2nd half!

Good to see Radcliffe & Junior at HT too

We've still not conceded; that's what good tournament teams can be built on. You never know! My biggest concern is he probably still has no idea of his best 11

Likewise fella good seats them eh

passed on a ticket for Tuesday this past week has cleaned me out😀

• Members
58 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'd rather play one DM, especially against run-of-the-mill teams and have the playets to feed the forwards.

Then, because we're actually, y'know, causing the oposition issues and possible scoring a few the defense is in a better state.

Anyway, if you think what we've seen so far is a team capable of beating France, Italy, Germany, Portugal then fair play. 

It’s not two DMs it’s a pivot system (accidental partridge) If you look at the fullbacks they’re wide hugging the touch line one dm drops one is in the middle the full backs are up and it makes the midfield look huge and spread creates pockets of space for the attacking players to drop into. 

I think we can beat anyone, but I’ll die on my sword if we dont

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

It’s not two DMs it’s a pivot system (accidental partridge) If you look at the fullbacks they’re wide hugging the touch line one dm drops one is in the middle the full backs are up and it makes the midfield look huge and spread creates pockets of space for the attacking players to drop into. 

I think we can beat anyone, but I’ll die on my sword if we dont

Although the second half yesterday was a bit dull, I thought the midfield was better when Henderson came on, and Phillips did his Leeds thing.

The former seemed more comfortable probing forward with the latter a bit deeper.

When Phillips and Rice play, they seem more similar.

Reckon Southgate has been learning from Evatt, and how he utilises Jesus slightly behind his partner.

• Members
Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

If we’d finished second, we’d have been on “The side of death” 😂

Away from home if we get to the final we only play one game away from Wembley , in Rome for the QF’s

• Members
On 23/06/2021 at 16:13, Dr. Feelgood said:

Stick with me kiddo 

• Members
Just now, Dr. Feelgood said:

Nnnnah.

That position took Foden or Grealish out. Allowing Germany the early initiative.

My way's best ... & you can't prove otherwise, however hard you try.

Did we win?

• Site Supporter

I thought to back 5 played very well & Pickford has come of age in this Tournament, after that it was all pretty meh. Quite alarming at times were the gaping holes in the middle of the park where Phillips & more particularly Rice were out of position. 

• Site Supporter

Imagine still whinging about the performance after we've just dumped Germany out of the tournament 2-0. It beggars belief.

Maybe we should've gone all out attack and drew 3-3, then lost on penalties?

• Members
Just now, Cheese said:

Imagine still whinging about the performance after we've just dumped Germany out of the tournament 2-0. It beggars belief.

Moon men 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

So there is no room for improvement then?