Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England

desperado

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Fuckin weird. No wonder the England job is labelled a poisoned chalice, don’t make the final, Manager is shit, team is shit, Get to the first final in 55 years and Gareth is average and so is the team. Bends my head 

I reckon it's testament to how well the management have done, that folk are wanting more. Evatt being one of them!

I doubt any team has ever sailed through a whole competition whilst wiping the floor with every opponent.

• Site Supporter

I had a pop at Southgate when I saw the Germany team sheet.

I won’t do it again, that’s for sure.

He’s the man. And anyone still trying to point out weaknesses so they can say they told us so if we lose are wankers. They’re the same blokes down the pub who bore everyone shitless and have shit jobs, shit wives and shit shoes. So fuck ‘em.

Proud as fuck of what’s been achieved. How good would a win feel? Fucking hell, I’ll have an erection for a month.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Spider said:

I had a pop at Southgate when I saw the Germany team sheet.

I won’t do it again, that’s for sure.

He’s the man. And anyone still trying to point out weaknesses so they can say they told us so if we lose are wankers. They’re the same blokes down the pub who bore everyone shitless and have shit jobs, shit wives and shit shoes. So fuck ‘em.

Proud as fuck of what’s been achieved. How good would a win feel? Fucking hell, I’ll have an erection for a month.

I don’t cry often, cried when my kids were born, cried when my dog died, I cried last night and we haven’t won the bastard thing, I’ll be in a glass case of emotion if we win Sunday 

I went into this tournament not expecting to give more than passing interest and only the yoof persuaded me to go to pub. Sat on the olds table with yoofs mates bouncing against Germany full of cynicism until they missed sitter.

Absolutely great for the crap of last year they've put up with that they're having time of their lives.

• Moderators

I think Southgate demonstrates great nous and leadership 

And this is a strong squad 

Still can't help thinking covid and the delay has helped us though 

Players like Stones, Saka, Foden, Grealish, Shaw and Phillips had good seasons and may not have performed as well 12 months ago

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I wouldn't even try to second guess the team for Sunday. Most likely the only change would be Foden/Sancho for Saka but I've an inkling Henderson might start instead of Phillips.

The Italians have lost their left back Spinazzola. He's been excellent this tournament, and I would envisage Saka being used down that side again, where they may be weaker.

Henderson has replaced Rice each time, and Phillips has dropped a bit deeper when Henderson has come on and arguably been more comfortable. 

I think he will keep them both together, but if anything Henderson would replace Rice going off history.

12 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I reckon it's testament to how well the management have done, that folk are wanting more. Evatt being one of them!

I doubt any team has ever sailed through a whole competition whilst wiping the floor with every opponent.

Brazil in 2002WC won every game, in normal time. But yeah pretty sure that's unusual.