Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England

desperado

I'm really looking forward to it tonight but I do wonder where all the optimism is coming from that I'm seeing on social media.

We're England.  We always feck it up. They're Italy.  Their record in tournaments and against us is damn convincing.  I just can't see us winning, not this time anyway.  Hope to God I'm wrong.  I am aren't I?

1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

I'm really looking forward to it tonight but I do wonder where all the optimism is coming from that I'm seeing on social media.

We're England.  We always feck it up. They're Italy.  Their record in tournaments and against us is damn convincing.  I just can't see us winning, not this time anyway.  Hope to God I'm wrong.  I am aren't I?

Yes, you’re wrong - it’s coming home. England win on pens after a 1-1 draw, Pickford saves Jorginios ridiculously audacious penalty attempt. Cue nationwide bedlam.

31 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Don't see any reason why we're not in with a decent shout tonight. Especially at home.

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Anyone other than me going to be in work at their usual time and hangover free tomorrow?

Indeed. I’m also on call throughout the weekend including during the game.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Anyone other than me going to be in work at their usual time and hangover free tomorrow?

We’ve been given the morning off by the company which was a nice gesture.  But I won’t be drinking tonight after going out for a pint at 1pm yesterday and c15pints later getting home 🤢

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

There's a lot of folk jumping on the bandwagon who don't understand football supporting and can't handle the feelings if we loose... we all shrug our shoulders, do a bit of whinging and look forward to the next one.

We know Italy will interrupt our play rolling around on the grass for the first 20mins or so keeping a clean sheet to silence the home crowd then start building and will probably have the measure of the game by half time.

I'm expecting a tight game, not the seeing off of Johnny Foreigner the unwashed masses are shouting out for.

But what do I know? It's a footie match at the end of the day.

In the words of DF... No Mugs This Lot 🙂

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Don't see any reason why we're not in with a decent shout tonight. Especially at home.

Dead right. Italians have been  very good, but the suggestion that optimism is unfounded is ridiculous. 

Didn't have a good record against the Germans but that's been put to rights.

Folk have every reason to believe in the team and note national positivity won't go amiss.

• Moderators

starting to get nervy thinking about it

we have, I'd say, the better players (on paper)

but, Mancini has the experience and has a track record/experience  in winning things, which will count for something, and they're on this long unbeaten run

going to be tight as fuck

50/50 for me right now

got to exploit their aging defence best we can

Well, it's been a bit wild here for a few hours, trains into town were rammed, random folk singing in the streets, lots of cars honking, chanting around the place already.

All nice and jolly at the moment....

• Site Supporter

It’s starting to get to me. I need to start building my caps up ready for Germany in 3 years time.

Andorra in Oct is looking tempting.

Whoever scores 1st wins. These will have dark arts down to precision by kick off. We need to keep our heads.

For me, Sterling & Saka need to drop 10 yards then run at the 2 centre halves, draw fouls and let Kane drift wide early on

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

It’s starting to get to me. I need to start building my caps up ready for Germany in 3 years time.

Andorra in Oct is looking tempting.

Whoever scores 1st wins. These will have dark arts down to precision by kick off. We need to keep our heads.

For me, Sterling & Saka need to drop 10 yards then run at the 2 centre halves, draw fouls and let Kane drift wide early on

No saka.

Anyway, just had a look at those idiots trying to break in. Crushing each other ffs.

Seems they didn't get into the stadium itself.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No saka.

Anyway, just had a look at those idiots trying to break in. Crushing each other ffs.

Seems they didn't get into the stadium itself.

Ah well, Mount or someone else with pace. Leave them both on a yellow then let Jack lose on them later