Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

GB News

kent_white

36 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Aaah, cheers. He won't be travelling by train then?

Oddly enough I’m on a train to London at the minute that is being re-routed down the Liverpool-Manchester line and we’ve just passed a point no more than a couple of miles from my house. Beyond frustrating. 

• Members
4 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Oddly enough I’m on a train to London at the minute that is being re-routed down the Liverpool-Manchester line and we’ve just passed a point no more than a couple of miles from my house. Beyond frustrating. 

Did you get on it at Waverley?

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Sounds like we might be at cross purposes. I was on about his GBN meet the people tours like the one he did in Bolton.

Maybe mate.

To be honest, with him chucking his hat in with Tice the climate change denier, there is a dearth of folk with sensible, traditional conservative values about, so he is less relevant now. Not sure he'll have the appeal he once had.

• Members
13 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe mate.

To be honest, with him chucking his hat in with Tice the climate change denier, there is a dearth of folk with sensible, traditional conservative values about, so he is less relevant now. Not sure he'll have the appeal he once had.

We might think differently on that one. The tour dates all seem to be complete sellouts in very short times.

Like all politicians, I don't agree with him on many things but much that he says resonates strongly with me. Isn't afraid to take on all comers toe to toe.

Aren't too many around like that any more.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

We might think differently on that one. The tour dates all seem to be complete sellouts in very short times.

Like all politicians, I don't agree with him on many things but much that he says resonates strongly with me. Isn't afraid to take on all comers toe to toe.

Aren't too many around like that any more.

No problem with that pal, just on the subject of the environment, many of them come at it from a point of denial or perverse rebuttal of evidence as if it is meaningless.

Plenty of them about too.

No doubt his tours will be busy- but that is the case with anyone with a following, in whatever field.

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Good of Zico to list the award nominations in the Philip Schofield thread.

I'll just merge the threads when Schofield joins the award winning GB News as a presenter

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

More chance of Boris winning the next election.

They've already got one puff on air so you can bet he's probably molested kids too

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Dear me. The best news outlet by a country mile. Give both sides of the story.

Its not a patch on the BBC or Sky News. The fact that almost nobody watches it, surely gives some sort of indication of the quality of their output. 

I'll not be surprised, given how long this thread is now, if it doesn't soon appear on page 1 of a GB News Google search shortly 

Edited by Sweep

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Dear me. The best news outlet by a country mile. Give both sides of the story.

They have Tory Ministers being interviewed by other Tory Ministers ! 

Although TBF that is probably 2 different sides as they hardly agree on anything other than 'stop the boats' is a good headline 

• Members
15 hours ago, Ani said:

They have Tory Ministers being interviewed by other Tory Ministers ! 

Although TBF that is probably 2 different sides as they hardly agree on anything other than 'stop the boats' is a good headline 

You clearly don't know. They have had a seemingly endless stream of what I would term 'recalcitrant undesirables' on over the last few months.

The difference between you and I (and a good few others on here) is that I actually watch them all and form my own opinion rather than be led by the nose by the 'prevailing wisdom' emanating mainly from social media.

The BBC is one of the most left wing biased news outlets I have ever seen (probably surpassed only by ITV).

A woke free zone is very welcome.

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

You clearly don't know. They have had a seemingly endless stream of what I would term 'recalcitrant undesirables' on over the last few months.

The difference between you and I (and a good few others on here) is that I actually watch them all and form my own opinion rather than be led by the nose by the 'prevailing wisdom' emanating mainly from social media.

The BBC is one of the most left wing biased news outlets I have ever seen (probably surpassed only by ITV).

Whatever. I posted earlier in the thread about watching their coverage of the incident when the guy crashed his car into Downing Street so I have watched it, this was not the only time as I have watched the interviews that I mention. I assume you have ? As you 'watch them all'.

if you want to go further back have look in the USA thread where I talked about watching CNN and Fox coverage of the US elections and I criticised both for being so blatantly bias, so I do watch other  news channels, some I like, some I do nt. 

GB news is according you a 'woke free zone' so if that is the case who are the 'recalcitrant undesirables' you also mention ? 

You watch whatever you want and form your own opinions. I do the same and may come to different opinions. 

• Members
4 hours ago, Ani said:

Whatever. I posted earlier in the thread about watching their coverage of the incident when the guy crashed his car into Downing Street so I have watched it, this was not the only time as I have watched the interviews that I mention. I assume you have ? As you 'watch them all'.

if you want to go further back have look in the USA thread where I talked about watching CNN and Fox coverage of the US elections and I criticised both for being so blatantly bias, so I do watch other  news channels, some I like, some I do nt. 

GB news is according you a 'woke free zone' so if that is the case who are the 'recalcitrant undesirables' you also mention ? 

You watch whatever you want and form your own opinions. I do the same and may come to different opinions. 

Phoebe Plummer, Shakeel Afsar in recent times. They have been doing this as far as I know right from the very start. I have seen a lot more but I'll be fucked if I can remember who they all were at this moment in time. Don't see the BBC delivering such balanced coverage. Just the woke social democrat angle.

'Watch them all' - yes, the various stations news programmes. Yes, I did see the car crashing at very low speed into the Downing Street gates. Any updates? Looked to me like he might have had a blackout or something. At that speed he didn't seem to have much intent of causing damage?

We agree on CNN and Fox in the US. Part of and possibly the catalyst for the polarisation process which seems to be continuing over there. Civil war coming?

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

He's still not fixed that irony-o-meter