Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

GB News

kent_white

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

I thought that was the questions that were posed rather than a statement of fact. Dunno, seemed pretty ok to me?

What questions? It was 2 of the hosts chatting.

Just now, Cheese said:

What questions? It was 2 of the hosts chatting.

It was posed as a question for the debate I thought, 'is it better to have a PM who is uncorruptable because of his wealth - who can't be got to - or does this mean he simply can't understand the issues that people in the country face?'

It was sort of a debate on the pros and cons I believed, and it was good to robustly question the Labour MP, who didn't perform that well to be fair.

• Site Supporter

Nick Griffin was on QT once upon a time.

The BBC is pretty impartial and the only folk whining are, as usual, the ones at the fringes of politics. Some might suggest the fanatic fringes.

Some might.

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Nick Griffin was on QT once upon a time.

The BBC is pretty impartial and the only folk whining are, as usual, the ones at the fringes of politics. Some might suggest the fanatic fringes.

Some might.

If everyone on both extremes is slagging the BBC off for being biased - then it's a pretty good indication that they're doing well. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, kent_white said:

If everyone on both extremes is slagging the BBC off for being biased - then it's a pretty good indication that they're doing well. 

An analysis was done a little while ago on the "Today" programme on radio 4.

It analysed all the brexit debate type features and the air time given to those in favour of it and those against.

Those in favour received 4% of the time allocated to the discussion. Those against received 96%.

It may not be representative of everything (different subjects) but that stat is somewhat concerning. The bbc doesn't always manage to adhere to its charter.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It analysed all the brexit debate type features and the air time given to those in favour of it and those against.

Those in favour received 4% of the time allocated to the discussion. Those against received 96%.

It may not be representative of everything (different subjects) but that stat is somewhat concerning. The bbc doesn't always manage to adhere to its charter.

Go on. Post the link.

25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I find those figures very difficult to believe.

18 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I've had an admittedly quick Google and some group called News-watch highlighted a bias towards remain, but nowhere near those figures.

That's not that nutty website that has a BBC bias ticker tape running across the top and about a million anti-BBC articles is it?

• Members
5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Good post. Seems some folk on here only want to hear what they want to hear. Fair enough, they are entitled to.

Same old tactics of ridicule attempting to shut down any opposing view.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Same old tactics of ridicule attempting to shut down any opposing view.

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Fucking hell. She should stick to her other job as a turtle impersonator.

spiderman-twins.gif

16 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I know this has been stared before, but worth posting again. Emily Maitlis who worked on Newsnight at the time.

“It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.

“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”

She added: “I’d later learn that the ungainly name for this myopic style of journalism: ‘both-sideism’, which talks to the way it reaches a superficial balance while obscuring a deeper truth.”

Sometimes real balance is showing the truth.

I agree though that there’s something in your stats, if true. Guess it depends on if it was air time for viewers or political commentators etc. I think on the whole the media did facilitate a doom and gloom approach which didn’t work. Maybe it would have been better to target the promises from the Leave campaign that we’re still waiting on. Who knows, time to move on, though it’s clear that those saying our economy wouldn’t benefit were correct.

Edited by London Wanderer

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ani said:

In Wales ? All the adverts I got were Welsh. 

Just googled it, Cardiff 

Definitely wasn't expecting to see him 

Then just flicked over again, didn't even hang around for any actual news

Nathan Blake touting used cars put me off 

• Members

Not sure I heard correctly but it seems that the final 5 for the TRIC award are three from GB News, Susanna Reid and Piers Morgan. What are the odds they'll fix it for the woke princess to win it?

Farage being able to make a speech there would likely be as entertaining as his 'You're not laughing now' speech in Brussels. Here's hoping.