Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

GB News


kent_white

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Watched the BBC evening news from 10pm your time last night (against my better judgement).

First story - A BBC investigation into the latest Med tragedy - basically shovelling shit on the Greek coastguard rather than the people smugglers, the port of embarkation etc. Pro illegal refugee/economic migrant. Left.

Second story - more mudslinging about lockdown parties at Conservative HQ. Left.

A story on housing segregation in Northern Ireland where devotees of the main two religions are hassling those of the other side who move into 'their' areas. Very predictably screened a rather harrowing haranguing of a poor lass from the Republican side by two blokes from the Unionist side. No screening of anything the other way round. Left.

Unbiased my furry arse.

The usual lefties will be on here shortly ranting and raving (Duck Egg, Winchester and the ignored etc) so, just for a little balance, a mild surprise.

I watched Andy Burnham on Hard Talk a couple of days ago. Shock horror - a Labour politician I could be tempted to vote for. Spoke very well and seemed to reject the usual union inspired socialist dogma in favour of total commitment to his city and region. I think Kent White once used the term 'conviction politician' about that madman Corbyn. Would seem to apply mote aptly to Burnham. I could see him, a scouser, being Prime Minister and his deputy a Manc (Lisa Nandy) one day and I would not be afraid of what damage they might do. Likely to be a very good combo for the north.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having an issue with the people in power partying, whilst the rest of the population is told to socially isolate or work on the frontline = a biased lefty news story. 🙈

Bolty has surpassed himself with that post.

Not even worth going into the boat tragedy. 

Gammon brain working overdrive this morning. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

Northern Ireland.

That magnet for angry English crackpots looking for a cause to attach themselves to.

I love being told to “move on” about things like Brexit by folk who still enjoy clenching their fists whenever catholics in ulster get a mention.

Amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, Zico said:

Reporting things that happened = shovelling shit and mud slinging 

You know full well it's the way it's phased and framed. They are pushing like fuck for a Labour victory quite simply because they know the gravy train will very soon be arriving at their platform one.

How they have the gall to represent themselves as unbiased and equitable is beyond me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

You know full well it's the way it's phased and framed. They are pushing like fuck for a Labour victory quite simply because they know the gravy train will very soon be arriving at their platform one.

How they have the gall to represent themselves as unbiased and equitable is beyond me.

The BBC has obtained evidence casting doubt on the Greek coastguard's account of Wednesday's migrant shipwreck in which hundreds are feared to have died.

Analysis of the movement of other ships in the area suggests the overcrowded fishing vessel was not moving for at least seven hours before it capsized.

The coastguard still claims that during these hours the boat was on a course to Italy and not in need of rescue.

Greek authorities have not yet responded to the BBC's findings.

At least 78 people are known to have died, but the UN says up to 500 are still missing.

The UN has called for an investigation into Greece's handling of the disaster, amid claims more action should have been taken earlier to initiate a full-scale rescue attempt.

(VOTE LABOUR)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Zico said:

The BBC has obtained evidence casting doubt on the Greek coastguard's account of Wednesday's migrant shipwreck in which hundreds are feared to have died.

Analysis of the movement of other ships in the area suggests the overcrowded fishing vessel was not moving for at least seven hours before it capsized.

The coastguard still claims that during these hours the boat was on a course to Italy and not in need of rescue.

Greek authorities have not yet responded to the BBC's findings.

At least 78 people are known to have died, but the UN says up to 500 are still missing.

The UN has called for an investigation into Greece's handling of the disaster, amid claims more action should have been taken earlier to initiate a full-scale rescue attempt.

(VOTE LABOUR)

So the UN are calling for an investigation then? Thought it was just the BBC communists investigating it @bolty58 ?

No doubt that there needs to also be a focus on people smugglers. Good to see that The Guardian have a piece today on the people in Pakistan who were involved being held to account. 
 

Don't know what the outcome of this investigation will be, and I don't know the full facts, but the boats need rescuing, simple as. Sadly, there's a minority of folk who think that letting them sink is a plausible policy to deter people from coming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
9 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

 Sadly, there's a minority of folk who think that letting them sink is a plausible policy to deter people from coming. 

Surely nobody thinks that

You would need to be absolutely vile to have such thoughts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Carlos said:

The BBC is run by a board appointed by the Government. The current Chairman is an actual full on Tory. New levels of stupidity being shown on WW.

We've been through all this over and over again. It makes no difference whatsoever. It never will. Its probably best to leave some folk floating off in their own little worlds shouting at everyone else for being sheep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

We've been through all this over and over again. It makes no difference whatsoever. It never will. Its probably best to leave some folk floating off in their own little worlds shouting at everyone else for being sheep.

Old Man Yells at Cloud | Know Your Meme

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Casino said:

Surely nobody thinks that

You would need to be absolutely vile to have such thoughts

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19762551.english-channel-britain-first-target-rnli-migrant-lifesaving-efforts/
 

Britain First began a campaign on Thursday which involved sending emails and messages out to their supporters urging them to join a “complaints drive aimed at the RNLI to pressure them to abandon their support for illegal immigrant [sic] and people trafficking and focus instead on saving British lives”.

Some grim people out there. I get folks concerns over immigration but leaving boats isn’t the solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19762551.english-channel-britain-first-target-rnli-migrant-lifesaving-efforts/
 

Britain First began a campaign on Thursday which involved sending emails and messages out to their supporters urging them to join a “complaints drive aimed at the RNLI to pressure them to abandon their support for illegal immigrant [sic] and people trafficking and focus instead on saving British lives”.

Some grim people out there. I get folks concerns over immigration but leaving boats isn’t the solution.

I don't know a great deal about them, so I've just read their official party policies, some of them are absolutely ridiculous, they read like the sort of stuff you'd hear a drunk bloke spouting down the pub 🙂

DO43INTHOGIBN3OERINGOI3NR0T98GN0398ENHRGF908INW9E8RHG90WUIB.jpg?1683654984

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19762551.english-channel-britain-first-target-rnli-migrant-lifesaving-efforts/
 

Britain First began a campaign on Thursday which involved sending emails and messages out to their supporters urging them to join a “complaints drive aimed at the RNLI to pressure them to abandon their support for illegal immigrant [sic] and people trafficking and focus instead on saving British lives”.

Some grim people out there. I get folks concerns over immigration but leaving boats isn’t the solution.

You silly tree hugger. What we need is more police willing to crack skulls and to arm the RNLI.

Everything else is just soft liberal shite and the reason the country is going down the pan.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

I don't know a great deal about them, so I've just read their official party policies, some of them are absolutely ridiculous, they read like the sort of stuff you'd hear a drunk bloke spouting down the pub 🙂

DO43INTHOGIBN3OERINGOI3NR0T98GN0398ENHRGF908INW9E8RHG90WUIB.jpg?1683654984

I had a read. They are quite boring for an edgy party. They seem to promise a lot of undeliverable stuff like Farage would for example. Stuff a party with no chance of winning would offer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

You silly tree hugger. What we need is more police willing to crack skulls and to arm the RNLI.

Everything else is just soft liberal shite and the reason the country is going down the pan.

 

😂
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We’re a broken society because police and teachers can’t beat people up anymore.

British coastguards for British pedalo’s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.