Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

Supplying false accounts for at least 3 seasons & defrauding to the tune of £30m, then using dubious, legal foot-dragging to slow processes up is quite another level.

Especially from a club that's gone to the wall, declared bankrupcy & become a Pheonix business twice ... possibly three times, before.

I'll be amazed if the EFL can get its act together quickly enough to take action this close-season ... not to mention the affect of any appeals.

Meanwhile, clubs behaving themselves get relegated, lose players & revenue while this set of chancers plough on.

Sheffield Wednesday did the same, got a points deduction of enough points to send them down yet see Derby's foot-dragging take over a year to be sorted out.

We were a basket case, but this is pkanned & co-ordinated in what seems a far more cynical way.

56 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I think that’s Why they’ve issued two fixture lists 

It clearly is. It's not too difficult to say "Derby or Wycombe".

Either way there'll be law suits following. They bottled it with Derby 12 months ago & have failed to do what's been necessary in the meanwhile.

I have no gripe with Derby, players or fans, but collapsing your club twice and now going in for long term and deliberate false accounting and playing the legal card quite aggressively is not an admirable state of affairs.

The suggestion is that they had hoped to force their way into the promotion pkaces (OK, doesn't everybody) and gain from both the extra funds and the fact that Premier finances are managed quite differently. 

That's clearly gone tits-up. So they're now flailing around looking for buyers, their likely one having just pulled out.

They've over-paid for players fees and wages, and also high profile managers during all this time. They've gained considerable advantage and they deserve penalties for this ... including points deduction & relegation. I just doubt it'll happen.

• Members
15 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It clearly is. It's not too difficult to say "Derby or Wycombe".

Either way there'll be law suits following. They bottled it with Derby 12 months ago & have failed to do what's been necessary in the meanwhile.

I have no gripe with Derby, players or fans, but collapsing your club twice and now going in for long term and deliberate false accounting and playing the legal card quite aggressively is not an admirable state of affairs.

The suggestion is that they had hoped to force their way into the promotion pkaces (OK, doesn't everybody) and gain from both the extra funds and the fact that Premier finances are managed quite differently. 

That's clearly gone tits-up. So they're now flailing around looking for buyers, their likely one having just pulled out.

They've over-paid for players fees and wages, and also high profile managers during all this time. They've gained considerable advantage and they deserve penalties for this ... including points deduction & relegation. I just doubt it'll happen.

The EFL are an absolute joke, they should hang their heads over their handling of clubs in the last decade. They need disbanding and an independent regulator needs to be formed, no one with a club association, lawyers, accountants a consultation board with senior referees,  lawmakers, and spokesmen 

Each club has a rep and that’s their only job not a chairman or anyone in a senior role at the club, they can voice concerns but ultimately the independent body are the only ones to make decisions 

Get it all on the local news over here... Mel Morris came in as a "saviour" with the money he made from Candy Crush, got Rooney on board financed by a betting company and brought the ground at and inflated price to up the transfer kitty (Sheffield Wednesday got docked points for the same stunt).

Fell short of promotion and the bubble's burst, no more money left and Morris wants out... it really is a high risk finance game. But he does own the ground so not all bad for him, does make the club less attractive purchase though, does he care? Just wants to recover his money. Sound familiar?

It was put to me by someone in the loop that Rooney only became manager as Morris did not want to pay for an experienced hand.

The latest on the grapevine is that Rooney will leave if they go down to League 1, although I did read that in  Nottingham paper.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, the EFL have bottled it.

"Derby County to play in Championship after EFL decide not to appeal against fine"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57701348

I hope Wycombe sue the shite out of them.

Did the EFL appeal against us not getting a points deduction regarding Doncaster ?

It seems about 20 years ago.

22 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Did the EFL appeal against us not getting a points deduction regarding Doncaster ?

It seems about 20 years ago.

They did.

That, despite all our trials, tribulations & misdemeanours of that time would have been utterly unreasonable & based on one match & duty of care.

This is at least 3 seasons of calculated fraud & the club treated entirely differently than their near neighbours in Sheffield. 

2 hours ago, passmosster said:

The EFL only put the boot in on the small fry like Macc Town.

& Bury. Funny thing is, Wigan fans seem to think they’ve been treated badly by the EFL, but they were given plenty of time to find a new owner imo, the virus probably saved their skins & bought them more time to find new owners & complete a deal.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but Swindon the latest to be in the mire. 

No manager, pre-season delayed, only got 8 players and they haven't paid rent on their ground for a year.

The new manager (John McGreal) left after a month and the players weren't paid in June.

Doubts over a takeover going ahead...etc etc, all depressingly familiar, just glad its not us any more.

• Site Supporter

After our Coca-Cola Cup semi down there place when I was among a few hundred with the extra tickets they sent but scattered all round their stand; and the abuse we all got when they found out, fuck ‘em!

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, SirNatsDog said:

One of my favourite games of all time when we beat them in the League Cup semi so I hope they do survive.

It was quarter-final. Everton was semi-final.

Wagged school in 4th year to go on a coach from Moor Lane.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He was talking about Swindon. Your right about Derby- great night at Derby 

Oops. It was even me who he was replying to. I guess that’s the issue with just reading from first new post and not scrolling back a few posts to get some context. A post titled “Derby” though…