Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

• Members

Players who are on trial (free agents) turned up at training today for Derby, handed contracts to sign, no clauses, no wages on the contract. Have to sign today in order to be available to play at the weekend.

Waiting on the EFL to say how much they are allowed to pay the trialists 

Derby are a shit show but fuck me the EFL need binning 

Just reading it. It has all the hallmarks of being close to failing to put out a team on Saturday. The out-of-contract ones asking wtf is this and Derby asking the EFL what the minimum terms are.

Well, they can put out a bunch of 17yr olds. It's what we had to do.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Just reading it. It has all the hallmarks of being close to failing to put out a team on Saturday. The out-of-contract ones asking wtf is this and Derby asking the EFL what the minimum terms are.

Well, they can put out a bunch of 17yr olds. It's what we had to do.

Everton and the DMBs will come to the resue and spoil it, probably end up getting promoted

52 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Everton and the DMBs will come to the resue and spoil it, probably end up getting promoted

Fair point but I'm unsure if the fat boy has that much credit any more. Hopefully not.

I suspect you have to get hold of him when the bars are shut.

... & then there's his missus.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Fair point but I'm unsure if the fat boy has that much credit any more. Hopefully not.

I suspect you have to get hold of him when the bars are shut.

... & then there's his missus.

im not bitter or anything but id like to see other clubs having to play their 18 yr olds, just so i dont feel weve had our trousers pulled down.

2 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

im not bitter or anything but id like to see other clubs having to play their 18 yr olds, just so i dont feel weve had our trousers pulled down.

I’m very bitter I hope they get battered every week and are relegated by Christmas they’ve got away with blue murder . 

Detby signed 3 experienced players today but are still light.

However The Groniad reports "Derby are thought to be in discussions with the EFL over relaxing the conditions of a partial transfer embargo.

Under its terms Derby are able to bring in players only on one-year contracts of about £5,000 a week or on half-season loans, and so would be permitted only one further signing".

"Fck off" should be a really quick response.

Just seen a documentary on Al Jazeera that briefly covered Mel Morris's attempts to sell the club and the smilarities to our situation under Eddie Davies were striking.

Ill health and concerns about his mortality are his motive for selling the club. He is happy to keep covering the club's losses (15 -20 million £ per year) till a suitable buyer is found. He is willing to write off £200 million in loans to the club, a similar amount to what ED wrote off for us.

He bought the stadium at a price £40 million above it's true value, so that 40 mill was essentially a gift to the club. He was fined £100K by the EFL for this transgession, small potatoes when set against 40 mill.

It seems that, as long as all creditors are being paid, the EFL tends towards leniency and maybe we benefitted likewise after relegation from the Prem.

Bolton's problems really got serious after the club was sold to Ken Anderson and creditors, football staff included, were not getting paid.

Non-payment of creditors, including players, did for Sheff Wed last season and they join us in League 1 as a result after a points deduction. Interestingly their owners family is filthy rich and their wealth has grown during Covid. Canned fish is currently flying off supermarket shelves in Thailand as panic buying sweeps accross the nation.

I hope Derby can find a buyer who keeps them going. Fair play to Mel Morris, a local lad made good who bankrolled the club he loves, just like Eddie did.

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Really? 
i’d prefer to see them hit with a points deduction, get relegated - then slowly (and painfully)slide down the leagues.

Precisely ... if they can't be persuaded to collapse immediately. 

First rules of being a Boltonian ... have a long memory and an acute sense of vengeance. 

Sheesh, what are we breeding these days ?

4 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Precisely ... if they can't be persuaded to collapse immediately. 

First rules of being a Boltonian ... have a long memory and an acute sense of vengeance. 

Sheesh, what are we breeding these days ?

In one.

We're Bolton Vindictive Wanderers FC...

Long memories and love our revenge served cold.

Hate everyone except Wigan.

They want nothing more than us to hate them.

Well, get to fuck, no mark pie slob spunkshirts, you're nothing to BWFC.

Proximity does not mean rivalry.

Don't entertain the twats.

Fuck mop, we had Morecambe cunts treating us as equals last season.

Onwards and up, COYFWM.

Rant over 😀.