Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

2 hours ago, Burnden Pies said:

Yep. Been taking the piss for years these men

Is this their 3rd time in Administration ?

They did the Phoenix thing of folding & resurrecting themselves in one fell swoop in at least one of the previous times. 

iirc it was their shenanigans which led to many of the current rules (along with Leeds picking which season to take the hit by timing their fold depending where they would finish).

Couldn't happen to a more deserving case.

4 hours ago, Escobarp said:

And let’s not forget someone of a reasonable size will go pop at some point soon. Would be nice if it was these men but I’ve a few ahead of them in the list I would like to see go to the wall. But it could be them 

Kind of where I am at. They were knobs when we were going bump at their place and I don’t particularly like Derby but they don’t come close to a list I’d be smug about.

Again it’s fans of a (well supported) local team getting screwed over again.

6 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Is this their 3rd time in Administration ?

On their fans forum above this is confirmed and the view of "take the hit in one go & we'll be back right as rain having cleared the debt ... we've done it before" seems a common enough view.

"Admin clears the debt & we can then start over" another. "Without the debt we're much cheaper to buy".

For the most part they don't seem to understand what's coming.

Similar parallels to us; a fan and owner that pumped in millions who's been desperately scrambling around trying to find a buyer. The running costs have just overwhelmed him in the end.  Gone to Admin before a Ken came along.

Feel for their fans though.  Other than Wigan, i wouldn't wish it on anyone 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Similar parallels to us; a fan and owner that pumped in millions who's been desperately scrambling around trying to find a buyer. The running costs have just overwhelmed him in the end.  Gone to Admin before a Ken came along.

That’s pretty much my view. 

Having experienced this and knowing how much a football club means to its town and people and how it damages the lives of fans and staff, I wouldn’t want to see a club go bump. 

Drop down and be worse than us… yes 😊

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

It’ll happen again at Wigan. You can’t keep paying the wages they are with 2 men and a dog watching them. Not all away teams take 5k to keep them going

• Members
10 hours ago, Escobarp said:

And let’s not forget someone of a reasonable size will go pop at some point soon. Would be nice if it was these men but I’ve a few ahead of them in the list I would like to see go to the wall. But it could be them 

Boro & Blackburn 

Not that I want them to Just think they’ll be in trouble 

Edited by Rudy

26 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Boro & Blackburn 

Not that I want them to Just think they’ll be in trouble 

HTF Blackburn keep rolling on god knows, the venkys must of put in tens of millions, look at Rovers crowds, they can only dream of crowds like ours today, same at PNE, Wigan and even Burnley. Always said it we are far and away the biggest town club in Lancashire. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

HTF Blackburn keep rolling on god knows, the venkys must of put in tens of millions, look at Rovers crowds, they can only dream of crowds like ours today, same at PNE, Wigan and even Burnley. Always said it we are far and away the biggest town club in Lancashire. 

They’re in at around £160m I think now ncluding £20m last season.

Selling Armstrong might keep it down to only needing a further £10m this season

EDIT just checked, it’s only £140m. Ouch

Edited by Biggish Dave

• Members
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Mate of mine lifelong Blackburn thinks they’re are in serious trouble if they don’t get promoted which he doesn’t think will happen

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Mate of mine lifelong Blackburn thinks they’re are in serious trouble if they don’t get promoted which he doesn’t think will happen

Heard that myself. I was dragged up in Blackburn so many Rovers fans as mates.

Most were fearing a relegation battle too this season.

I hope we send them down next season

20 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They have and continue to yet their supporters still hate them.

I'd have thought they might've looked around other clubs in the north west in recent years and counted their blessing but evidently not.