Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

44 minutes ago, burnden said:

12 points deducted

Probably more to come due to the irregularities on the accounts. Accounts that should have been submitted last season and if they had those points would have been deducted then, meaning Derby would have been relegated. Morris himself says the accounts are 'about £4mil out', and if true that's a four point deduction. Enabled them to stay up last season I suppose

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Fraud and money laundering?

https://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/news/crime/fleetwood-town-owner-andy-pilley-accused-of-fraud-and-money-laundering-and-appears-in-court-in-blackpool-3392290

FTFC are in £20m in debt to Pilleys energy firms as well.

Fuck knows whats going on with what MK just posted. 

The blokes a crook but what hes done for Fleetwood and Thornton where their academy is, is unbelievable.

Be a shame if it all goes tits up, even though everyone knew it would do eventually :(

10 hours ago, gonzo said:

https://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/news/crime/fleetwood-town-owner-andy-pilley-accused-of-fraud-and-money-laundering-and-appears-in-court-in-blackpool-3392290

FTFC are in £20m in debt to Pilleys energy firms as well.

Fuck knows whats going on with what MK just posted. 

The blokes a crook but what hes done for Fleetwood and Thornton where their academy is, is unbelievable.

Be a shame if it all goes tits up, even though everyone knew it would do eventually :(

Fleetwoods Escobar

So do I want Derby to survive Popeye and also Fleetwood. You have to feel sorry for the fans of these clubs who just want to watch and support their teams. We know exactly what it’s like when owners you have to trust let you down like this. Sadly the money needed to compete at all levels these days just encourages owners to push the margins.

Whist I feel for the fans, the club should have had a points deduction last season for the irregularities, and that would have relegated them, the -12 would then be applied this season in L1, so they would be adrift at the bottom of this division instead of the Championship. It stinks.

Feel for the Derby fans.  A proper club and fans, who're just unfortunate to be the latest victims of the money madness. 

Fleetwood are a bloated amateur club, who will revert to bumbling around the non leagues again if the worst should happen.  Same as Salford and Wigan.

48 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Whist I feel for the fans, the club should have had a points deduction last season for the irregularities, and that would have relegated them, the -12 would then be applied this season in L1, so they would be adrift at the bottom of this division instead of the Championship. It stinks.

Exactly. Macclesfield and bury both had to suffer. these cunts are getting off lightly 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Not sure Fleetwood are in any immediate danger with all their monies being owed to Pilleys own company.

What happens to those loans if Pilley gets done and his businesses not allowed to operate?

Don't know how these things operate, but I would imagine that if the company is solvent it would be allowed to continue. Obviously if dodgy money has been involved and that has to be recovered then things might be difficult, but if a legitimate, going concern is still there, then would the authorities want it closed putting folk out of work?

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't know how these things operate, but I would imagine that if the company is solvent it would be allowed to continue. Obviously if dodgy money has been involved and that has to be recovered then things might be difficult, but if a legitimate, going concern is still there, then would the authorities want it closed putting folk out of work?

I don’t think it’s even a question of how the money came about, but if Pilley is the sole reason they’re currently paying their bills and his businesses are closed down then they would be pretty much going straight in to administration.  

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I don’t think it’s even a question of how the money came about, but if Pilley is the sole reason they’re currently paying their bills and his businesses are closed down then they would be pretty much going straight in to administration.  

Aye, but that's my point- his business might not be closed. Don't know how it's set up, or whether it could be taken on without him.

• 1 month later...