Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, emus wig said:

That’s good news shame they didn’t get them at the end of last season bet Wycombe are pissed off I would be .

That's ridiculous!  I'd be suing the inept bastards who decided to hit them too soft so they weren't relegated then hit them again so they'll probably still not be relegated. 

Edited by MickyD
Phone thinks it knew what I wanted to write.

8 hours ago, emus wig said:

That’s good news shame they didn’t get them at the end of last season bet Wycombe are pissed off I would be .

Wycombe shouldn't let this pass.

The offenses were clear and known and Derby dragged their feet responding and the EFL allowed them to. It's way beyond unacceptable and anninnocent club was relegated instead with all the things that means.

Frankly I'd sue the living daylights out of all involved.

A founder member against a non league team ? We got time, bury didnt . Its biased , always has been . The re-election if you finished bottom of the fourth was a formality. 

i used to live in Wycombe and dislike them intensely , but not as much as I hate derby.

Just now, Duck Egg said:

The bit I highlighted.  We got time and Bury didn't. Wrong.  We were both given notice that our takeovers had to be completed.  Thank God ours was.  Bury's still hasn't.  EFL had no choice but to expel them.

I think we are kinda argueing the same point but from different sides .

I honestly believe we got more grace from going under than bury did but not by much .

I honestly believe the bias towards big clubs/ founder members still exists . 
I think it was because of Wycombes stature that derby have (so far) got away with it . 
I think Sheffield United got shafted because it was West Ham etc. 

Agree to disagree ? 

1 minute ago, waddy256 said:

I honestly believe we got more grace from going under than bury did but not by much .

I think it was because of Wycombes stature that derby have (so far) got away with it . 

Agree to disagree ? 

Aye go on! Fair points on the others but I don't accept we got any grace compared to Bury.  We had a takeover in place. They were a basket case with an owner who gave less of a shit than Ken did.  At one point they were asking for extra time because some bloke in Brazil was going to buy them out for £7m.  The EFL saw it for what it was and ran out of patience.

18 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Aye go on! Fair points on the others but I don't accept we got any grace compared to Bury.  We had a takeover in place. They were a basket case with an owner who gave less of a shit than Ken did.  At one point they were asking for extra time because some bloke in Brazil was going to buy them out for £7m.  The EFL saw it for what it was and ran out of patience.

It was in KA's interest for the takeover to complete. 

16 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I dont know too much about the bury case , other than I heard they went out of existence for the sake of £2 mil , where as we were looking at debts of closer to £50 mil . We had the Bassini fiasco and the blu marble ridiculousness . Eddie saved us 3 days before he died. 

• Moderators
18 hours ago, waddy256 said:

Agree to disagree ? 

West Ham got off because Trevor Brooking was on the panel 

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Got another 9 point deduction so they're on -3.  So on the face of it one of Barnsley, Hull and Peterborough will stop up on the back of that, when it should have been Wycombe that benefitted 6 months ago. 

Scandalous. Wycombe were relegated by just one point. Even more scandalous was how the FL bent over backwards for the bent Derby bastards last season 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, embankment said:

Can some one explain the EFL's statement please 

Middlesborough and Wycombe both have claims that due to Derby fckg about and breaking FFP and giving false statements about this they have been adversely affected in terms of both financial impact and footballing status.

I'm not sure of Middlesbrough's claim, but we can all see that Derby dragging their feet last year meant they stayed up and Wycombe were relegated. They are considerably impacted financially also.

The later decisions by the EFL have effectively confirmed that.

There are independent enquiries on these two claims. If the claims are won the damages are impossible to calculate.

So, any person(s) looking to acquire the club (& there are said to be 3 serious contenders) have no way of knowing their possible liabilities and none are willing to proceed in that situation. 

The Administrators, who deny these liabilties (which seem glaringly obvious to me), are asking the EFL to get this matter removed in their favour.

The EFL's statement covers that and explains that, as the inquiry is independent, they aren't able to give potential buyers any assurances.

So 3 parties who want to buy the club are understandably unwilling to budge. So it'll end up in the Courts, which will take time and money

There. You did ask.

1 hour ago, embankment said:

Can some one explain the EFL's statement please 

1. Need proof of funding to finish season before they can register new players.

2. Club can only be in admin for 18 months max.

3. Explaining if they can't pay creditors they will be booted out of the competition to preserve integrity of it.

4. Admins need to choose a preferred bidder and they need to pass owners and directors test.

5. Boro & Wycombe making independent claims against Derby (not sure what for, I imagine non-payment of transfer fees, or something else to do with money). EFL aren't involved in the claims, but trying to help resolve. Bidders want clarity on the liability if the claims follow through. Admin thinks the claims are bollocks.

6. EFL has to be careful about making a decision otherwise it could get embroiled in a legal dispute itself.

7. Our insolvency policy is too vague and open to interpretation so we're trying to figure out what we really mean.

8. Anyone who has conflicted interest at the EFL doesn't take part in decision-making on the relevant issues.

9. Derby have no money so can't sign any players until they do.

10. We don't want Derby expelled.

11. There is no vendetta.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Middlesborough and Wycombe both have claims that due to Derby fckg about and breaking FFP and giving false statements about this they have been adversely affected in terms of both financial impact and footballing status.

I'm not sure of Middlesbrough's claim, but we can all see that Derby dragging their feet last year meant they stayed up and Wycombe were relegated. They are considerably impacted financially also.

The later decisions by the EFL have effectively confirmed that.

There are independent enquiries on these two claims. If the claims are won the damages are impossible to calculate.

So, any person(s) looking to acquire the club (& there are said to be 3 serious contenders) have no way of knowing their possible liabilities and none are willing to proceed in that situation. 

The Administrators, who deny these liabilties (which seem glaringly obvious to me), are asking the EFL to get this matter removed in their favour.

The EFL's statement covers that and explains that, as the inquiry is independent, they aren't able to give potential buyers any assurances.

So 3 parties who want to buy the club are understandably unwilling to budge. So it'll end up in the Courts, which will take time and money

There. You did ask.

Good explanation - forgot the Wycombe relegation debacle somehow. Did Derby buy anyone off Boro in the last couple of years, could be what their claim is.

That's proper fucked though about the "impossible to calculate" the damages. Unless the EFL can specifically say why they gave Derby the points deduction the following season, therefore condemning Wycombe to relegation, I really fear for them. No one in their right mind unless they're a billionaire is going to want to foot that bill.

I think I remember hearing a few years ago, there's a £6m difference from League One to the Championship, in terms of sponsorship or TV revenue etc, but I imagine there's much more to it than that.

1 minute ago, Mantra said:

1. Need proof of funding to finish season before they can register new players.

2. Club can only be in admin for 18 months max.

3. Explaining if they can't pay creditors they will be booted out of the competition to preserve integrity of it.

This, too.

It's clear that the Derby Admistrators are trying to bully a decision to get them out of Administration on the cheap.

The EFL are pointing out that they are not the decision makers in this but, also, that the situation can't be allowed to drag on ... as pointed out above any delay has pre described outcomes and they're not pretty.

3 minutes ago, Mantra said:

I think I remember hearing a few years ago, there's a £6m difference from League One to the Championship, in terms of sponsorship or TV revenue etc, but I imagine there's much more to it than that.

That sum will be a good deal higher currently. But there will be other, specific costs. Their sponsorhip deals, players who've left ... or chosen not to join ... because they're lower graded. The lost revenues from gate receipts (notwithstanding that well supported teams like Sunderland, Sheff. Wed., Ipswich and even ourselves may mitigate that impact). They'll have to join the FA Cup 2 rounds earlier. Players may claim their wages fell, bonus' and other stuff impacted.

If I was Wycombe fan I'd be apoplectic tbh.