Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

• Members
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

And that's without a stadium to play in!

Kinell.

That’s got to be one of the highest debts for a championship club in administration 

Edited by Rudy

10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Aye he's a scouser, but he's showing something that you don't normally see from other managers, a sense of loyalty to the situation he is in, deserves enormous credit imo.

You have a point there, I have been privately nodding to him when he has been on TV 

Parkie also conducted himself in a dignified way in the middle of all the shit

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

But nobody wanted Parkinson and he had no seige mentality going on with the players, them & us during our situation, he hid behind it all, he was an absolute shithouse!

Don't forget ballooning to Wilbraham. 

But in fairness, he did remain quite calm and dignified.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't forget ballooning to Wilbraham. 

But in fairness, he did remain quite calm and dignified.

The managers in both circumstances were/are acting in the club's interests by projecting a day to day stability.

Looks like Mel Morris has walked away completely with the property deeds in his back pocket whereas Parkie had to put up with Anderson's vanity and then no socks Bassinni

• Members
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I don't think Parkinson has it in him to get excited, emotionless, I've seen sloths looking more lively than that cnut!

Had an early night with a Horlicks when we got promoted 

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Aye he's a scouser, but he's showing something that you don't normally see from other managers, a sense of loyalty to the situation he is in, deserves enormous credit imo.

He's on 90k a week in a no lose situation, no wonder he's sticking around 

Fair play on their results like, be very impressive if they stay up

57 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

He's got the players playing and showing some balls, which is more than can be said with regards to Parky & that fucking embarrassment Chino, they won't stay up imo, starting to lose players and the longer the season goes on they will start accepting their fate.

Parky massively overachieved for us, first by getting us promoted whilst under an embargo & then even more remarkably, by keeping us in the championship with a div 1 squad & the loss of his most  important player mid-season. He also acted with class throughout his time with us. 

Only a simpleton would liken Parky to that bellend Hill.

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

All about opinions fella.

With that squad in L1, he should have gone up, luckily we did.

My point about Parkinson was when the financial shite really kicked in, imo he hid behind it all and told the fans and players we we didn't have the players and weren't good enough, massive mistake from a managerial perspective, it was like we accepted it (we did), others like Rooney and Wilder before him at Northampton in the same position showed how to manage a set of players in them conditions, got them playing and introduced a seige mentality.

But eh, I'm a simpleton, who chats shit and who's opinions aren't valid.

The first 2 seasons of massive overachievement (we'd all have been happy just to survive at the start of his !st season ) showed that Parky did create a "siege mentality " & he got the best out of the players he had to work with  eg Madine,who had been hopeless the previous season under Lennon or Morais who hadn't even been in Bradford's 1st team squad.

No manager in the world would have kept us up in his 3rd season with the club's off field collapse....Rooney is doing a good job at Derby but there's no comparison with the playing squad he's been working with.

I'm struggling with "massive over achievement" by Parky in either of those seasons.  He had a great squad by league one standards at that time, and he just managed to finish above Scunthorpe and Fleetwood.  Trying to get the last few points we needed was painful, with the likes of ALF played out of position or not at all.  In the championship, yes it was great to stay, but prior to the last 2 minutes of the season we had 40 points from 45 games, we finished just above Barnsley and Burton (thanks in part to Forest being on their hols).  As bad as it was to watch Parkyball, I accept he had qualities, but I didn't see any overachievement, the points he got were at best just about acceptable taking into account resources and standard of opposition. 

1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

The first 2 seasons of massive overachievement (we'd all have been happy just to survive at the start of his !st season ) showed that Parky did create a "siege mentality " & he got the best out of the players he had to work with  eg Madine,who had been hopeless the previous season under Lennon or Morais who hadn't even been in Bradford's 1st team squad.

No manager in the world would have kept us up in his 3rd season with the club's off field collapse....Rooney is doing a good job at Derby but there's no comparison with the playing squad he's been working with.

Will always be grateful to any Bolton manager on promotion.

If he’d of failed with that squad it would of been right up there with all the under achievements of my life time. We had people on over £20k a week in division 3.

in regards to staying up. His teams were awful in the championship. His inability to use proven strikers properly was a disgrace and we only stayed up due to Barnsley and Burton being truly awful and he nearly cocked that up.

That Steven Davies (Bradford) story about Parky summed him up. Soft as shit.

Parky licked Ken’s arse as well.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, tomski said:

Will always be grateful to any Bolton manager on promotion.

If he’d of failed with that squad it would of been right up there with all the under achievements of my life time. We had people on over £20k a week in division 3.

in regards to staying up. His teams were awful in the championship. His inability to use proven strikers properly was a disgrace and we only stayed up due to Barnsley and Burton being truly awful and he nearly cocked that up.

That Steven Davies (Bradford) story about Parky summed him up. Soft as shit.

Parky licked Ken’s arse as well.

👏

Quality summary.

We did get promotes and he should get some credit, but fuck me I reckon with the squad we had, anything else would have been criminal.

Even then it wasn't guaranteed until the death.

Can you imagine him with us at the start of last season?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Apparently so, which sums up why they're in the shit 

This article reckons he deferred some of his wages to pay the players instead 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13850321/wayne-rooney-derby-wage-deferral/

Deferred, not written off. He’s such a generous bloke.