Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The longer it goes on the less chance they have of getting a settled squad, that’s to our benefit, hope they get sorted but only 1 day before season starts. 

Yeah similar thoughts from me, I think they also get another -15 point deduction if they can't satisfy the creditors to 25p in the pound.

So if they do get sorted eventually, then they will probably be like we were for the start of the season

9 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Yeah similar thoughts from me, I think they also get another -15 point deduction if they can't satisfy the creditors to 25p in the pound.

So if they do get sorted eventually, then they will probably be like we were for the start of the season

This has Mike Ashley takeover all over it, he’ll settle the creditors, don’t see them getting points deduction for not satisfying the creditors. 

Kirchner, all along, has been looking not to settle the 25p in the £ non-footballing debts. That was always going to be a clash with the EFL & more points deductions likely.

It was only last week they refused to do a joint deal with Ashley.

As said, they'll not do a Bury, someone will come in for them, possibly Ashley again, but it's a shoddy husiness.

Whatever concludes it's going to be too late for the beginning of the season to look anything other than messy.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

I want to be very mature about this and wish their fans well and hope nobody goes through the situation after we've been there etc. However, for all the other clubs that have had issues, none of them have had to stick out a team of kids for the first half of the season and a team of jobbers for the second half, and I won't be happy until someone else has to go through that sort of season. Given the way they were lapping it up against us, Derby would be quite high on that list.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Kirchner, all along, has been looking not to settle the 25p in the £ non-footballing debts. Tjat was akways going to be a clash with the EFL & more points likely.

It was only last week they refused to do a joint deal with Ashley.

As said, they'll not do a Bury, someone will come in for them, possibly Ashley again, but it's a shoddy husiness.

Whatever concludes it's going to be too late for the beginning of the season to look anything other than messy.

Season starts in 7 weeks is it.    A new deal with whoever surely ain't going to be done in time for the efl to allow them to start the season.    Their last cut off date was 31st may!     Looks pretty bleak for em

21 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I want to be very mature about this and wish their fans well and hope nobody goes through the situation after we've been there etc. However, for all the other clubs that have had issues, none of them have had to stick out a team of kids for the first half of the season and a team of jobbers for the second half, and I won't be happy until someone else has to go through that sort of season. Given the way they were lapping it up against us, Derby would be quite high on that list.

The way their fans have been ballooning on social media very hard not to think 'fuck em' 

daresay only a vocal minority but knobheads

From what I was reading on their forum last night, the suggestion was an Ashley takeover would see a 15pt deduction but Kirchner's proposal wouldn't. 

I well remember the stress involved around ours with it seeming to drag on, Bassini popping up and trying to get my head around complex finances.  It's hard not to feel for them.

Kirchner refused to go on air with talks sport?

Seems to be Nixon and Kirchner camp reporting there's just a delay with money laundering checks or something.

But the BBC reporter is expecting the deal to fall through.

I remember Nixon for us was always feeding the Bassini drivel

Great news for Nixon though. On twitter being a leech per usual whenever a club is in trouble.. acting like he knows everything behind the scenes when he knows f all about takeovers. Loves the soap opera of a club being in chaos for the attention it brings from desperate fans wanting to know if their club will exist in the morning. Fair enough he gets some transfers right but he's an absolute parasite when it comes to this type of thing. We've been linked with two players (Barkhuizen/Collins) along with Derby, not sure you'd want to be waiting around for these at this present time if you're a player

6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I'm in the same boat.  Definitely don't want to see them, or anyone, go to the wall, but something along the lines of what we went through wouldn't go amiss.  The other factor is season tickets, I assume they can't currently sell any.  I remember that was a real pisser for us, tickets going on sale for games 1 or 2 days before, keeping crowds very low at first.