Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

10 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

In fact, saying this, now after this process began in September, is almost confirming that, up to now, the EFL haven't really meant it.

EFL get loads of abuse but not sure why. Firstly fit and person's test, who will get blamed if EFL prevents a takeover and a club goes to the wall?

This statement re Derby is fair enough IMO. Kirchner provided proof of funds but hasn't come up with the cash. The EFL are worried about new season so are saying from now on the Admins can't just say a takeover is imminent the EFL want to be involved in all discussions.  If they don't like something they can then decide to throw Derby out or be reassured that they will be able to complete the season and have funds to do so. EFL saying can't just rely on admins word anymore they need to know exactly terms of any takeover. That's how I see it anyway

21 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Precedence was set with Bury and almost us. As long as Derby get no favour shown I couldn’t really care less.

Already there appears to be favouritism. 

Dead line passed .( deathly silence from EFL)

No count down to extinction clock on Sky Sports.

1 hour ago, embankment said:

Already there appears to be favouritism. 

Dead line passed .( deathly silence from EFL)

No count down to extinction clock on Sky Sports.

I'm fairly sure there were a number of missed deadlines with us.

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but we were lucky to be allowed to start the season really given we were in administration and hadn't paid our players for months.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

EFL get loads of abuse but not sure why. Firstly fit and person's test, who will get blamed if EFL prevents a takeover and a club goes to the wall?

This statement re Derby is fair enough IMO. Kirchner provided proof of funds but hasn't come up with the cash. The EFL are worried about new season so are saying from now on the Admins can't just say a takeover is imminent the EFL want to be involved in all discussions.  If they don't like something they can then decide to throw Derby out or be reassured that they will be able to complete the season and have funds to do so. EFL saying can't just rely on admins word anymore they need to know exactly terms of any takeover. That's how I see it anyway

It's clever wording. They do seem to be ratcheting up the pressure a little, but no dates are shown.

Of course it's in no one's interests to have them disappear from the league and we did get some slack, as indeed have others, but sooner or later they will have to put a proper deadline onto the situation. 

6 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm fairly sure there were a number of missed deadlines with us.

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but we were lucky to be allowed to start the season really given we were in administration and hadn't paid our players for months.

TBF our buyers provided proof of funding and a funded plan for the next 12 months, the bloke selling us was the problem.