Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

Teams are already into pre season.

They do not have anyone even close. FV were named as preferred bidders for us mid June, deal was done end of August. So about 10 weeks, we had Anderson fucking about but god knows what they have to come out. 

It would be amazing if they managed to get it done in 6 weeks so likely they start the season at best with kids. Transfer window closes 1st Sept. So no idea what happens then if they are not fully sorted

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Teams are already into pre season.

They do not have anyone even close. FV were named as preferred bidders for us mid June, deal was done end of August. So about 10 weeks, we had Anderson fucking about but god knows what they have to come out. 

It would be amazing if they managed to get it done in 6 weeks so likely they start the season at best with kids. Transfer window closes 1st Sept. So no idea what happens then if they are not fully sorted

Even then like us they'll have to cobble together a squad from who ever is left available at that point.

Well, they have 5 weeks to:

Officially buy and own the stadium.

Buy the club and go through the various due diligence and EFL owners test.

To pay all creditors 25p in the £.

Get out of administration.

Start to build a team...

Tick Tock....

6 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Clowes have nett assets of 266 million so should be financially be able to bank roll them out of League 1…. That’s if the buyout goes through quickly. 

I'd not sneer at £266m but I guess there's more to their business than money to piss away on a football club and clearing their debts. Still, sounds more promising for them than Kirchner ever did !

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Obviously had no intention of taking them forward, took the money while the saga was ongoing and as soon as a takeover looked likely he has baled out. 

He was close to Kirchner apparently and probably thought he'd be in a cozy situation having his mate as the owner. Now that picture has changed.

I can't take anything away from the job he did while he was there though. Yes, they got relegated but he made a very good fist of it considering the obstacles

36 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Really ? Nothing showing yet on line. A better offer I guess. Or has Colleen put her foot down ?

Yep. Now all over the place. Well bloodhounded.

He's not done that without a better offer &/or he's not vonvinced of any major turnaround.

Who's got a vacancy in the Premiership or 2nd Division, that carries a bit of prestige. ?

I don't doubt that Clowes will be a shrewd business operator, but I like the fact that FV actually were seeking to acquire a football club as an investment and are making their decisions as such. 

From the sounds of his statement, it seems he felt more obliged to save them rather than doing it for commercial reasons. Be interesting to see how this one plays out.