Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

Evatts comments about seeing the project through ect this week would look bad if he left a week or two later so I don’t think there is anything to worry about.

I know he started at derby very young and lives close by but isn’t he a Coventry lad and fan ? So I would be more bothered if they came calling at one stage and turned is head 

anyway if derby start the season fielding kids and get some heavy defeats can we complain like Doncaster if they have got there shit together by Xmas and insist they field there under 15s on Boxing Day 

9 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This looks good for Derby, Clowes have nett assets of 266 million so should be financially be able to bank roll them out of League 1…. That’s if the buyout goes through quickly. 

If you want to end up with a small fortune from football you need a large one to start with.

Notts County had a similar local property developer owner and he ran out of cash after a major melt down where we all got to see his cock.

Assets £266 mill probably with limited liquidity won't be enough to satisfy fanbase expectations

Perfect job for Evatt, seriously big club at rock bottom and close to his home. IE would be crazy to pass up the opportunity if it was offered to him. Despite his recent comments, an offer like Derby would probably be too, much for him to reject and though I’d be disappointed if he did leave I’d wish him well.

3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Perfect job for Evatt, seriously big club at rock bottom and close to his home. IE would be crazy to pass up the opportunity if it was offered to him. Despite his recent comments, an offer like Derby would probably be too, much for him to reject and though I’d be disappointed if he did leave I’d wish him well.

How much bigger than BWFC? Not much bigger in reality. He ain’t leaving us for Derby. 

9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How much bigger than BWFC? Not much bigger in reality. He ain’t leaving us for Derby. 

It depends on how well their takeover goes. Under sensible ownership, with some financial backing, they'd be a more attractjve draw for most.

The big advantage we have, though, is that whoever goes there faces a big rebuild job and Evatt's just spent two years on a rebuild job here. It'd be a career reset for him and I don't think he'd take the risk.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Crack pipe required

2 hours ago, Dimron said:

Assets £266 mill probably with limited liquidity won't be enough to satisfy fanbase expectations

Exactly. That's not cash sloshing around under the settee cushion. It's part of his business. Only a proportion would be available to DCFC.

Better news for them than recently though, tbf.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

For fucks sake we had dickheads on Bolton News demanding Evatt make a statement over Blackpool job when there was nothing to say.

Now Blackburn, Blackpool, Burnley ,Barnsley and fuck knows who else have all got new managers recently and still we get unfounded bullshit about him leaving. Do some folk want him to go secretly?

W63 you talk some absolute shite on fact you mostly talk utter tripe but that last post about Evatt & Derby . Do you just do it for a reaction Do you feel ignored otherwise? The Derby job perfect for Evatt? Just fuck off you moonman doesn't make sense on any level. You are rubbishing everything he's trying to do and has done here.

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

You really are clueless.

You wanker.

Apologies for getting personal but you asked for it. x

Edited by Steejay

4 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

For fucks sake we had dickheads on Bolton News demanding Evatt make a statement over Blackpool job when there was nothing to say.

Now Blackburn, Blackpool, Burnley ,Barnsley and fuck knows who else have all got new managers recently and still we get unfounded bullshit about him leaving. Do some folk want him to go secretly?

W63 you talk some absolute shite on fact you mostly talk utter tripe but that last post about Evatt & Derby . Do you just do it for a reaction Do you feel ignored otherwise? The Derby job perfect for Evatt? Just fuck off you moonman doesn't make sense on any level. You are rubbishing everything he's trying to do and has done here.

Steady on Maxi, there’s actually no bigger fan of IE than me, I’ve backed him 100% since he’s been here, even when others have slated him. I’d be gutted if he left now but I’m not blind and Derby are a bigger club than us, not much bigger I accept but do have bigger support. Just saying that if he was offered the job I’m sure he’d be tempted that’s all and ho only lives down the road. That said, it’s fraught with danger and he knows he’s on a good thing here so hopefully he’ll stay and see it through.

57 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Bollocks 

@Whitesince63

Derby would be like starting from scratch for Evatt from where we were in 2019. So for clarity he'd be playing Chino's hand and not the hand he got in 2020, which wasn't a good one but was better than the hand Chino got and nowhere near the hand he's got now, or this time last year for that matter. 

You'd have to be a bigger fan of the short commute than Arthur Gnahoua to trade that hand for Derby.  

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

22 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’ve backed him 100% since he’s been here, even when others have slated him. 

That is not true, you have said at least once you were losing faith in his management as I recall. 

Your posts always sound negative/critical of Evatt,  whether intentional or not, and this post just sounds like you can't wait to see the back of him. Maybe it is not how you intend it to come across, but it does and it is odd.

Evatt is the best manager we have had since Sam, he is young and ambitious and at some point he will be tempted, but I just don't see it with Derby.  When he does eventually leave I will be as gutted as when Rioch left us for Arsenal, and I think (hope) it will be a similar situation 

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

I think you're getting your accounts mixed up, this is Wanderers Ways, not  " Crackpot Corner " in the Bolton News.

• Site Supporter
On 06/03/2021 at 17:01, Whitesince63 said:

How inept are we going forward? Should have had that won at half time but how many times have we said that? Utterly clueless in the final quarter and our free kicks and corners are a joke. Get a decent attacking coach in Evatt because you clearly don’t have a clue. Definitely two points thrown away there.

Not sure you’ve always trusted him 😂👍

9 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Attention seeker put the cooking sherry down .

• Site Supporter

No chance Evatt goes to Derby but it got me thinking of managers who have had limited/moderate success over the last 20 or so years then they’ve moved on to what they perceive to be bigger jobs after a year or 2. I think just about all of them ended up virtually unemployable as managers.

Im talking about you Coyle, Mark McGhee, Paul Jewell, Brian Little.

Probably been a few more. Evatt isn’t that daft 

Joins what was a basket case club goes through 2 years of building it up From the foundations signing anyone and everyone in order to do so (whilst under an embargo), building out a really functional back room team, working with a Board he has ultimate respect for and given whatever he’s wanted when he’s wanted it. Finally gets it on a level footing with real potential to get another promotion this season with a squad that buys in to everything he does and says. 

but leaves to try and do all that again… aye alright 🤣