Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

The Wycombe owner has popped up today and said ...

1.  I'll believe it when I see it. 

2. Slippy characters & wouldn't believe a word they say.

3. Once they DO get a new owner we'll be having a word coz we're owed at least a season's loss of earnings.

Ooops !!

11 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

More underhand shenanigans, undoubtedly. 

Yeah suits everybody to rush it through now. Could be another Wigan scenario here re a quick rebound with money chucked about after admin. Looks like they could be up there as well

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Rooney apparently being investigated for paying the £1.8m running cost and wages bill this month.. 

Would that be, in any way, illegal or against EGL rules.

"Concerned (ex) employee ensures funds are available to pay other employees wages whilst take over stalls". The shame of it.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

"Concerned (ex) employee ensures funds are available to pay other employees wages whilst take over stalls". The shame of it.

Morally no issue but we know where the EFL stands on morals.. 

if he has or as MK says it’s Stretford, either way what’s the difference in the money coming from them or potential buyers? 

kirchner put it up previously and ended up with as much control of the club as Rooney has.. zilch

Edited by barrycowdrill

4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I think there is an issue that they were allowed to continue/trade based on an agreed budget . someone sticking a load of money in potentially breaks this agreement.

I think they are buying the ground, paying football creditors 100% up front and the rest 25p in the pound. I think meeting the liabilities up front means they will just be able to sign players. 

The EFL will have to sign off the business plan which is why the fact they may have broken an earlier deal could be important. 

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

I think there is an issue that they were allowed to continue/trade based on an agreed budget . someone sticking a load of money in potentially breaks this agreement.

I think they are buying the ground, paying football creditors 100% up front and the rest 25p in the pound. I think meeting the liabilities up front means they will just be able to sign players. 

The EFL will have to sign off the business plan which is why the fact they may have broken an earlier deal could be important. 

The c.£1.8m was to ensure all running costs and wages were paid

exactly the same as Kirchner did in May whilst pretending he could buy. He subsequently lost that money 

money hasn’t gone towards any creditors 

8 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

The c.£1.8m was to ensure all running costs and wages were paid

exactly the same as Kirchner did in May whilst pretending he could buy. He subsequently lost that money 

money hasn’t gone towards any creditors 

I did not say it had.(or did not mean to !) Think I was using 'they' to describe whoever made the alleged £1.8m payment and the takeover group do not that clear 

Kircher put money in as a preferred bidder, all up front. As I understand the issue is that a third party needed to put in £1.8m  to keep the day to day going. So having been presented with a budget a few months ago that was not delivered the EFL are likely to be cautious next time round. 

The payments to Creditors I mentioned are part of the new takeover and if made as proposed could see Derby able to trade without restrictions, like had or a points deduction. 

Edited by Ani

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

I did not say it had.(or did not mean to !) Think I was using 'they' to describe whoever made the alleged £1.8m payment and the takeover group do not that clear 

Kircher put money in as a preferred bidder, all up front. As I understand the issue is that a third party needed to put in £1.8m  to keep the day to day going. So having been presented with a budget a few months ago that was not delivered the EFL are likely to be cautious next time round. 

The payments to Creditors I mentioned are part of the new takeover and if made as proposed could see Derby able to trade without restrictions, like had or a points deduction. 

Makes you wonder why the new third party (ie; the new preferred bidder) didn’t provide the funding like Kirchner did previously and it was left to Rooney / Stretford.. 

doesn’t bode well.. 

49 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Don't they still have to pay the creditors 25p £ to fully come out of the EFL embargo?

Which is still a bit shitty really let’s be honest.

Don’t care if it makes me sound bitter but it’s pissed me off that another club has squirmed their way out of having a season of kids and misfits.