Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

21 minutes ago, tomski said:

So were other clubs. I get it. Just annoying

Which ones?

Us and Macclesfield Town were. To their credit they managed to just avoid relegation but it's practically universal that when people stop getting paid things fall apart, especially when they go unpaid for as long as ours did.

19 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Which ones?

Us and Macclesfield Town were. To their credit they managed to just avoid relegation but it's practically universal that when people stop getting paid things fall apart, especially when they go unpaid for as long as ours did.

Bury and Northampton are the 2 that spring to mind.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I thought Rooney's wages were paid by some deal through Bet32 rather than from the club coffers?

Which in itself ought to go against FFP rules as it’s a few million the club can spend elsewhere.

meh, 

its like when wigan stopped up last year, they still had better players than the likes of rochdale or whoever. 

that defender that scored today (for derby) cost 10mil. 

not 100% sure what barnsley can do about that. 

Don't know if it's been mentioned here before but a mate just said to me, "whats the last play-off place?"

I said 6th.

He said, "hopefully derby go bust, then it'll be 7th."

Is that actually how it would work 😂

Edited by Mantra

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Spoke to a PNE fan on sat he said that Kirchner dude is in for them?

Deadline to show proof of funds for the rest of the season was passed last night 

Tick tock

• Site Supporter
On 30/01/2022 at 12:09, Dr. Feelgood said:

Either way, some wouldn't have done that. We had players who went on strike ffs.

If he'd insisted we could have been a Bury.

We didn't have anyone on £90k plus advertising rights, sponsorship deals etc. to be fair.

You're not comparing apples wi' apples really.

14 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

We didn't have anyone on £90k plus advertising rights, sponsorship deals etc. to be fair.

You're not comparing apples wi' apples really.

I'm just saying that, in those circumstances, however anti-football Parkinson's style was ... & I was glad to seethe back of him, he made a decision which reduced financial pressure on us at a vital time.

Re. "anyone on £90k plus advertising rights, sponsorship deals etc." ... I'm sure you're right but you've lost me.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Simon Jordon said the other week these deadlines mean fuck all. 

Clearly right.

Having bounced from one crisis to the next in our worst days I apprecated this at the time ... the Inland Revenue especially will keep things rolling in the hope of gettig their money back ... but the current date by the EFL was already an extended one. They've settled the Middlesbrough claim, though whether money's changed hands we aren't sure. That claim always was dubious & their promotion claim needed many things to have happened.

Wycombe's, much, much easier to prove ... though cheaper, still significant ... remains outstanding. Wycombe should also be suing the Administrators who gave false information to gain a delay, and the EFL for their incredible eagerness to facilitate Derby.

If correct that Rooney's wages are paid by a third party & so don't go through the books that deserves further deductions.

Meanwhile, on the pitch, what looked like the impossible escape, given 21 points deducted, has been derailed a bit this week with lossses to Luton, Millwall and last night Cardiff all in 8 days. Good.

I’d of thought a club of Derby’s size and catchment area would of been snapped up by now, must be murky them books if nobody’s grabbed the bull by the horns.   Bassini riding into town n a white stallion with A4 papers fluttering in the air behind him at the 11th hour, it’s on the cards...

5 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I’d of thought a club of Derby’s size and catchment area would of been snapped up by now, must be murky them books if nobody’s grabbed the bull by the horns.   Bassini riding into town n a white stallion with A4 papers fluttering in the air behind him at the 11th hour, it’s on the cards...

Theres was something about the ground not being included in the sale. 

I actually think Derbys size hinders the process. 

• Members
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Theres was something about the ground not being included in the sale. 

I actually think Derbys size hinders the process. 

Wasn’t there something dodgy with the sale of the stadium a while back?