Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby

Rudy

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

Be intrigued to see how these lot get on this season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derby-county/vertragsende/verein/22/vertragsendeJahr/2022

Lot's of players out of contract this year, but got Sibley and Bielik contracted until 2024. Would have thought they'd have to sell them as they're probably on too big wages and too good for L1 but who knows?

We've seen with Sunlun, Sheffield Weds and Ipswich that it's not so easy to get out of L1, especially when there's problems higher up the ladder of the club

A lot will depend on the actual takeover. The norm is the incoming group submit a 12 month financial plan. This is verified by the EFL , however in most circumstances they are still under an embargo until the plan has been delivered. So they have restrictions for a full season and if the financial commitments are met they come out of the embargo. If this applies to Derby they will really struggle to sign and/or keep players 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

A lot will depend on the actual takeover. The norm is the incoming group submit a 12 month financial plan. This is verified by the EFL , however in most circumstances they are still under an embargo until the plan has been delivered. So they have restrictions for a full season and if the financial commitments are met they come out of the embargo. If this applies to Derby they will really struggle to sign and/or keep players 

Don’t forget, this isn’t Derby County, it’s Wayne Rooney’s Derby County. The EFL will alter previous rules to ensure they have the best possible chance to leave EFL 1 upwards rather than downwards.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Might well be wrong but aren't Derby paying what they need to in order to avoid an embargo - a bit like Wiggin did?

I read it was to avoid more sanctions , so point deduction. 
As I think we are both saying it will depend on the terms of the deal they strike. Wigan paided off all debts so 'righted the ship' so to speak. Derby were done for financial irregularities as well. So cases always hard to compare. There is also the fact that their plan will have to meet rules of FFP so doubt they will be able to sign just anyone. 
Hope they get fucked over 😂😎

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

Decent watch

Another disastrous story of disastrous ownership that drags players, staff and fans through hell. I wouldn't wish the kind of things we've all gone through ie not even sure you'll ever see your team ever play again, on anyone.

But I tell you something, I have a fuck of a lot less sympathy for fans that took the piss when we were at our lowest.

14 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I wouldn't wish the kind of things we've all gone through ...... on anyone.

I'd agree, but this is their 3rd time AND they've pulled every stunt in the book to wrighle off this.

Not the fans fault, of course, but biter-bit etc.

Just now, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'd agree, but this is their 3rd time AND they've pulled every stunt in the book to wrighle off this.

Not the fans fault, of course, but biter-bit etc.

Oh, don't misunderstand me... fuck these cunts.

9 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Another disastrous story of disastrous ownership that drags players, staff and fans through hell. I wouldn't wish the kind of things we've all gone through ie not even sure you'll ever see your team ever play again, on anyone.

But I tell you something, I have a fuck of a lot less sympathy for fans that took the piss when we were at our lowest.

Absolutely they took the piss that day 

22 hours ago, gonzo said:

Just spotted this :D

Screenshot_20220603-103552_Gallery.jpg

Mad turn around as they all loved him a year or 2 back. I also find it odd as he’s spunked a fortune on them. Must be more of a case of mismanagement rather than deliberately screwing them over. That said how it’s dragging on that could be argued.

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, tomski said:

Mad turn around as they all loved him a year or 2 back. I also find it odd as he’s spunked a fortune on them. Must be more of a case of mismanagement rather than deliberately screwing them over. That said how it’s dragging on that could be argued.

Similar really to ED. Being a fan probably made him pump in more money than he really wanted to and ended up causing deeper problems than if he’d made decisions with his head rather than heart.

Still no sympathy for their piss taking fans though. They deserve every minute of suffering

Similar really to ED. Being a fan probably made him pump in more money than he really wanted to and ended up causing deeper problems than if he’d made decisions with his head rather than heart.

Still no sympathy for their piss taking fans though. They deserve every minute of suffering

I was at that game and they were proper bellends. Still not enough to care back, well except the right said Fred bloke. Hope he’s had a gooden

Extremely similar to ED in the loans againt player valuation malarkey. Valuations which were generally bollocks and inflated to fuck. Like me loaning my company £3000 for my £30 squeegee :D

Bent the rules last year on their ground ownership too.