Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre-Season 2021/22

matty2094

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

To anyone who was at Longridge or Colls.........i'd guess that Johnston & Santos will be our starting centre backs, so what are the 1st impressions of Johnston

& Darcy, he's always had ability but does he seem to have bulked up/toughened up enough for 1st team now ?

A bit difficult to tell with Johnston, he had nothing to do at Longridge. No doubt tougher tests will come in pre season.

Darcy I’m just not sure about. He does looked to have bulked about a bit but I’m still not convinced by him

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, SirNatsDog said:

Well convinced or not Dave, Ronan’s played well and scored two goals in two games, so I’m not sure exactly what you need to convince you?

Play well in league games for a start. What you can learn from playing 2 non league teams i'll never know.

Yes, he's played ok. Was he playing at full pelt and as well as he possibly can, absolutely not. Nobody was. If Evatt see's fit to pick him for league games, that's good enough for me.

From what i've seen of him in L1 last time and the few games he got last season, then for me, we have better options in the team.

I'm not saying he won't make it - i'm just not convinced yet from what i've seen. 

Edited by Biggish Dave

On 15/07/2021 at 10:47, Biggish Dave said:

Play well in league games for a start. What you can learn from playing 2 non league teams i'll never know.

Yes, he's played ok. Was he playing at full pelt and as well as he possibly can, absolutely not. Nobody was. If Evatt see's fit to pick him for league games, that's good enough for me.

From what i've seen of him in L1 last time and the few games he got last season, then for me, we have better options in the team.

I'm not saying he won't make it - i'm just not convinced yet from what i've seen. 

I think we’re all waiting to see if Ronan can deliver on the promise he’s shown in the past Dave and he’s obviously got first to convince IE that he’s worth a spot when the real action starts to be able to do that. It will be tough for everybody but we’re going to be playing better opposition soon which will give us a better perspective on who’s likely to get a starting place, including Ronan.

45 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Has anything been said about needing an LFT negative within 48 hours? Hope not, horrible tests

Not required today. That is I believe lancs council that’s been asking for them not greater Manchester. 

Well, a lot of passing, lot of possession, lot of neat control ... no penetration. 1-1 ... let a goal in within a minute doe to Dixon fannying around & getting robbed.

Equalised with a Johnson headed with the very last touch of the match.

I suspect Mr. Evatt will be roasting the lot of them right at this very second. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Not panicking, as I did when we were begining to lose pre-season games last year. It's a friendly and all that. But it's FCUM.

HMS Piss-the-League is heading to dry-dock for a bit of a looking at.

Got a feeling its consolidation next season probably a couple of quality signings short of challenging but we are moving in right direction 

23 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Got a feeling its consolidation next season probably a couple of quality signings short of challenging but we are moving in right direction 

Watched the second half and it was poor no way will evatt will be anywhere happy with that performance disjointed and giving the ball away .

But we have to remember we’re are fielding one eleven in one half and a different eleven in the second nether side today will be the starting 11 for MK dons 

11 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Watched the second half and it was poor no way will evatt will be anywhere happy with that performance disjointed and giving the ball away .

But we have to remember we’re are fielding one eleven in one half and a different eleven in the second nether side today will be the starting 11 for MK dons 

Well whites63 thinks apart from Doyle the first half team will start v Milton Keynes and we know how right he normally is! 🙄