Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre-Season 2021/22

matty2094

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Max Cherry said:

Well whites63 thinks apart from Doyle the first half team will start v Milton Keynes and we know how right he normally is! 🙄

Ha, crikey I hope not maxi, that was bobbins. I’ll put it down to the heat because whilst FC would have been up for that today, our boys were still finding each other out. That’s as generous as I can be I’m afraid because our toothless squad of last season looks every bit as toothless again and unless IE has something clever up his sleeve, or asks Auntie Sharon to raid the piggy bank, I think we’re going to struggle. I’m confident he will because there’s no way this squad will score the goals to fire us to promotion.

• Site Supporter

Jesus, a couple of pre season friendlies and we've got a toothless squad.

Winning all pre season games is never promising, as history tends to show.

Chuck in 30°C plus and it's hardly surprising.

Why on earth is anyone stressing about it? Too warm to bother, have a beer and relax.

Not seen anything of the match but the actual score-line pre season should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Remember watching Lincoln City turn over Middlesbrough 4 or 5-0 or some silly score line, Bruce Rioch and Jimmy Philips were no match for Keith Alexander playing wide left on that day in the sun. 

Didn't matter when the leagues started

5 hours ago, SirNatsDog said:

Ha, crikey I hope not maxi, that was bobbins. I’ll put it down to the heat because whilst FC would have been up for that today, our boys were still finding each other out. That’s as generous as I can be I’m afraid because our toothless squad of last season looks every bit as toothless again and unless IE has something clever up his sleeve, or asks Auntie Sharon to raid the piggy bank, I think we’re going to struggle. I’m confident he will because there’s no way this squad will score the goals to fire us to promotion.

Chill, it’ll be reet ( A wanderers fans stock answer for the last 30 years)

11 hours ago, hughmungus said:

So blaming your players and not himself isn’t making excuses ?  

No it isn’t- he’s identified the problem and called it! If he’d defended the players then he would have been making excuses but he didn’t..

29 minutes ago, Nowack said:

Is that what we are expecting this year. Maybe I am too pessimistic but staying up would be an achievement. 

I think that is a little pessimistic. Considering the run from February onwards and what looks to be solid recruitment I think that we'll be much better than that.

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, perth_white said:

I think that is a little pessimistic. Considering the run from February onwards and what looks to be solid recruitment I think that we'll be much better than that.

I’m in the optimist camp; top half should be the aim.

13 hours ago, hughmungus said:

So blaming your players and not himself isn’t making excuses ?  

Are we due another 9 months of this negative cockwomble coming on here every time we lose, draw or win in a way he disapproves ?

I get 'free speech' & all that but it entails at least a bit of fair mindedness.

This guy is a WUM & a Troll. Must be tolerate it ?

Guest Nordkurve
26 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Are we due another 9 months of this negative cockwomble coming on here every time we lose, draw or win in a way he disapproves ?

I get 'free speech' & all that but it entails at least a bit of fair mindedness.

This guy is a WUM & a Troll. Must be tolerate it ?

Just block him.

Guest Nordkurve
39 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

I don’t mind hughmongus rambling on about IE. Just humorous banter so why block him. 

I won't be blocking him, but if someone really doesn't want to tolerate his posts, then like I say, block him (if it is still possible as asked by Morizo) :)

7 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

I won't be blocking him, but if someone really doesn't want to tolerate his posts, then like I say, block him (if it is still possible as asked by Morizo) :)

Well I just tried to tag another user into this post and it just hangs.

So I was going to put that Rudy's suggestion is far more appealing to me and gives me something to look forward to.

• Members
2 hours ago, Morizio said:

Well I just tried to tag another user into this post and it just hangs.

So I was going to put that Rudy's suggestion is far more appealing to me and gives me something to look forward to.

I’ll throw the cunt in a volcano at this rate