Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

AFC Dons away

Ani

I thought we got a little over run in midfield at times and the same happened last week . We have a attacking midfielder that can create but a bit light weight with hindsight may be at 3 - 1 we stick a tutte or a Lee on . 
Anyway it’s more entertaining than watching a Parkinson side but might course a few heart attacks on the way 

Don't get me wrong we press and work exceptionally hard as a unit but we let them put so many crosses into our box without getting out to them. Santos and Baps coped with most of them but its relentless pressure on us, we didn't control the game at all when we had the two goal cushion. We tired badly and the third goal just after the pen is such a fucking lucky break of the ball. That being said we cant be bottling 3-1 leads, IE needs to find a better balance or make subs a little bit earlier so the fresh legs can stand up to the intensity the other team will throw at us in the final 30

• Site Supporter
Just now, Farnywhite said:

I thought we got a little over run in midfield at times and the same happened last week . We have a attacking midfielder that can create but a bit light weight with hindsight may be at 3 - 1 we stick a tutte or a Lee on . 
Anyway it’s more entertaining than watching a Parkinson side but might course a few heart attacks on the way 

Didn't see it, but this sounds reasonable. 

Even if its an additional midfielder and Doyle off, rather than one midfielder for another.

Slotting Lee in to midfield for the Lincoln game seems like a sensible thing to do. 

Its a good point today given the opposition were playing their first ever game at their new ground but IEs understandable desire to get on the front foot and be expansive means we've never really looked in control/comfortable in our two games at this level thus far. One way or another it'll settle down as the season moves along. Evatt can be pragmatic when needed. Early days.

As ever in August I'll be happier when we've got that first three-pointer clocked up.

• Members

If Sarc Sheehan play behind a front 3 we’ll see plenty of games like that 

Need to find that balance 

We weren’t great defensively down the flanks today 

Great to see some faces today 

Right I’m off to get more pissed 

1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

Was thinking same but only after game had finished, at 3-1 we looked home and hosed and could’nt see a way back for them. We need a couple of scabby 1-0s to get us some wins on the board.

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Was thinking same but only after game had finished, at 3-1 we looked home and hosed and could’nt see a way back for them. We need a couple of scabby 1-0s to get us some wins on the board.

Yeah, couldn't see anything other than us getting a 4th on the break at that point.

Santos was out on his feet after 70mins. Last 10 he was struggling to even track back. Once team gets full fit we will be ok. To be fair their subs worked for them. That save at 3-1 has been massive for them. Very positive though going forward. We are going to compete well in this league. Onwards and upwards. 

20 hours ago, MickyD said:

Which is more than Smiley did! 

I bought his tickets,  hotel and park on my drive spot. Let's put it this way,  it's a good job the tickets were for the correct date because fuck all else was! 

But I've already said too much. This is Smiley's story to tell. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just imagine me parking on that drive today. And then rocking up at the hotel after the match to check in fully pissed - discovering my room was booked for the wrong weekend. And finding my car towed away!

38 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If the Sheehan shot goes in don’t know how keeper  saved it or it just hit him then we were home and dry at 4-1 with out any changes so it’s all mulling it over after the event . was just thinking back to the big Sam days and he used to bring a defensive midfielder in when we went a goal up to see it out  but it usually worked for him . 
I am pretty sure we will get the balance right 

Edited by Farnywhite

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Just imagine me parking on that drive today. And then rocking up at the hotel after the match to check in fully pissed - discovering my room was booked for the wrong weekend. And finding my car towed away!

Just imagine me not bothering checking your bookings and doing the same. 

Kinhell just seen their 3rd goal. So avoidable, catalogue of errors.

unusually rash challenge from Santos too for their pen.

Feels like Deja vu from start of last season “shooting ourself in the foot” was the phrase Evatt used back then. 
Done it two league games on the bounce now.

Hopefully take out frustration on Lincoln but they’re a very decent side

20 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Kinhell just seen their 3rd goal. So avoidable, catalogue of errors.

unusually rash challenge from Santos too for their pen.

Feels like Deja vu from start of last season “shooting ourself in the foot” was the phrase Evatt used back then. 
Done it two league games on the bounce now.

Hopefully take out frustration on Lincoln but they’re a very decent side

In a similar vein to last week, they were mistakes that we tended to get away with last season. 

Just back......not sure about Dixon who looks a bit small & was rooted to his line 1st half when Wimbledon were launching high balls into our area, or Bakayoko who looks more like a centre forward than a winger where his touch isn't so good. Early days for both though.

MJ was solid, Sheehan good on the ball & Sarce MOM for me for his all round game......we were just missing the accuracy of the final ball several times & close to scoring more. Really good support as well.

Disappointing to drop 2 points, we were the better team but we'll play worse & win this season !!