Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

AFC Dons away

Ani

CBA reading the fred.

Few dickheads still booing the knee, otherwise brilliant support

Went for a HT beer on 40 mins and got it as HT ended; not just us that have hospitality issues. 

Thought a draw was fair; we have plenty of areas to improve but I reckon we’ll get there. Really could do with 3points on Tuesday 

27 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

CBA reading the fred.

Went for a HT beer on 40 mins and got it as HT ended; not just us that have hospitality issues. 

Thought a draw was fair; we have plenty of areas to improve but I reckon we’ll get there. Really could do with 3points on Tuesday 

Sore head this morning😀

Can't we stick Gilks and Dixon into Jeff Goldblum's teleportation rig together?

Like Evatt said we just lost concentration for a few minutes.

Surprised DavidLeesMullet hasn't been on to share wisdom like we should score more than three and concede less.

Beat Lincoln, even by one and it'll be reet. I do think we missed Gilks' marshalling.

The new Plough Lane looks shite, wonder if any cheapskate supporters have rented one of those flats?

They could nip to the butcher's for free dog bones, plenty of meat still on, add some broth, a potato, baby you'd have a stew going...

Great support for the Whites, even watching from afar.

We'll fettle it.

We had to go up last season and did. Staying down was unthinkable.

In Ian we trust.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

We now have a strange goalkeeping situation in that the Keeping coach who had no interest in playing has found his love for first team football back . His job now is to make his rival for the first team a better all round keeper , which eventually curtails his own career . Must be a strange situation for Gilks.

8 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

We now have a strange goalkeeping situation in that the Keeping coach who had no interest in playing has found his love for first team football back . His job now is to make his rival for the first team a better all round keeper , which eventually curtails his own career . Must be a strange situation for Gilks.

There's a point in life, you start doing little readjustment shuffles when intercepting/passing etc.

If you skateboard or mountain bike or bmx etc. you start hesitating.

You can turn past it overnight.

For stuff that needs quick reactions.

Owd cunts can still run or ride a bike all day.

1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

There's a point in life, you start doing little readjustment shuffles when intercepting/passing etc.

If you skateboard or mountain bike or bmx etc. you start hesitating.

You can turn past it overnight.

For stuff that needs quick reactions.

Owd cunts can still run or ride a bike all day.

Quite.

I'd like Dixon to come off his line and claim some crosses, the defence looked less composed/confident with him behind them.

We don't look fit/sharp enough yet.

Thought we could have had another pen in the second half when Doyle was tripped.

All said, 3 played, 3 unbeaten, we're not far away from where we need to get to.

• Site Supporter

Agree with Traf and Grey - Doyle was 100% tripped, the only issue is whether it was in the box or not - looked like it was to me.

Their penalty very soft, the lad made the most of any minor contact. 3rd goal dreadful defending.

That said, I enjoyed the game. We look a decent team, we’ll be fine after another 2 or 3 games when the fitness is where it should be

7 hours ago, jules_darby said:

CBA reading the fred.

Why they dickheads ? Their opinion is just as valid as those who support taking the knee. Have we got to a stage where folk are dickheads because you don’t agree with their point of view. Fucks me right off. Boooooo! 😘😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why they dickheads ? Their opinion is just as valid as those who support taking the knee. Have we got to a stage where folk are dickheads because you don’t agree with their point of view. Fucks me right off. Boooooo! 😘😂

Because, at risk of repeating ourselves, you're booing at someone else expressing their own point of view.

Just now, Traf said:

Because, at risk of repeating ourselves, you're booing at someone else expressing their own point of view.

What’s the problem with that? They can flash the vs or boo back, making your opinion heard works both ways, or are we now in a totalitarian state and all have to tow the party line. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

What’s the problem with that? They can flash the vs or boo back, making your opinion heard works both ways, or are we now in a totalitarian state and all have to tow the party line. 

Do you seriously think the players can flick the vs or boo back at you?

Just now, Traf said:

Do you seriously think the players can flick the vs or boo back at you?

Metaphorically they flick the vs by continuing the knee, if they can’t stand the booing then pack it in.  I say they’re free to take the knee and folk are free to boo. That’s how it should be. Boooo!! 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Metaphorically they flick the vs by continuing the knee, if they can’t stand the booing then pack it in.  I say they’re free to take the knee and folk are free to boo. That’s how it should be. Boooo!! 

Do you have any idea how a black player would feel when they take the knee in a support of racism and hear their own fans boo them for doing so?

Do you know how that would feel?