Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

AFC Dons away

Ani

It's a 7-second gesture that really shouldn't even be registering on any scale of annoyance.

The longer it gets booed, the longer they'll persist with it, they can't just stop doing it because that suggests the booing from a few middle-aged white men is more important than reminding everyone that discrimination in all forms is wrong.

Edited by Traf

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Do you have any idea how a black player would feel when they take the knee in a support of racism and hear their own fans boo them for doing so?

Do you know how that would feel? 

It was booed at Newcastle today. Sky ignored it naturally but you could hear it plain as day. To be honest I never heard it on the stream for our game yesterday so lot louder today

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Do you have any idea how a black player would feel when they take the knee in a support of racism and hear their own fans boo them for doing so?

Do you know how that would feel? 

I’d hope they’d take other folks viewpoint on board realise it’s not a racist gesture and respect that opinion . 

11 minutes ago, Traf said:

It's a 7-second gesture that really shouldn't even be registering on any scale of annoyance.

The longer it gets booed, the longer they'll persist with it, they can't just stop doing it because that suggests the booing from a few middle-aged white men is more important than reminding everyone that discrimination in all forms is wrong.

Let them crack on taking the knee,  but shouldn’t be surprised that folk boo. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d hope they’d take other folks viewpoint on board realise it’s not a racist gesture and respect that opinion . 

Well I’d hope the booers take it upon on board that you look like a racist when you boo it and take it on board that it’s a stand against racism not support of BLM 

Just now, Rudy said:

Well I’d hope the booers take it upon on board that you look like a racist when you boo it and take it on board that it’s a stand against racism not support of BLM 

I’d hope the knee takers are open minded enough to understand it’s not a racist gesture, mind you folk on here seem not able to grasp that so who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Let them crack on taking a he knee,  but shouldn’t be surprised that folk boo. 

I don't think they are surprised. That's not the discussion.

To be honest, I think they expect it, such is modern life.

Just now, Traf said:

I don't think they are surprised. That's not the discussion.

To be honest, I think they expect it, such is modern life.

Modern life is more about closing down opinion that you don’t agree with, brilliant that some folk not been hit with the modern life shit stick.  

• Members
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d hope the knee takers are open minded enough to understand it’s not a racist gesture, mind you folk on here seem not able to grasp that so who knows. 

Maybe the booers beed to realise its not a BLM stance

Or is there another reason to boo?

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Maybe the booers beed to realise its not a BLM stance.

The point being they don't ... & won't. That IS how it began, it's how it's perceived by many. It doesn't help that a fair proportion of the black players kneeling are now adding the black power salute to it.

Coz that IS sinister & removes the "it's nothing more than an anti-racism stance.

45 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why they dickheads ? Their opinion is just as valid as those who support taking the knee. Have we got to a stage where folk are dickheads because you don’t agree with their point of view. Fucks me right off. Boooooo! 😘😂

so - you’re fine with people having a view against the knee…

..but you’re not fine with someone having a view against those who are against the knee?

• Members
1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The point being they don't ... & won't. That IS how it began, it's how it's perceived by many. It doesn't help that a fair proportion of the black players kneeling are now adding the black power salute to it.

Coz that IS sinister & removes the "it's nothing more than an anti-racism stance.

Fair proportion? What are the stats?

You realise the clenched fist isn’t a black power symbol but a symbol of solidarity, strength and unity. 

It doesn’t make them black panthers.