Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons (H)

Rudy

1 minute ago, Max Cherry said:

Didn't BN say his record in League One is pretty good or I might be wrong

It is, in fairness, but he's 33 now and I thought his goal return last season was a good way shy of what it should have been.

Just now, SirNatsDog said:

Confirmed today that Russel Martin has left MK Dons and gone to Swansea on a 3 year contract, so I wonder how that will affect the players next week, if at all?

I'm not sure it will, to be honest.

Martin's departure wasn't sudden, nor was it unexpected. I'd be surprised if MKD haven't already got someone ready to take over.

• Site Supporter
19 hours ago, Traf said:

He could probably have got 40, but yes he really should have been pushing 30, instead of not quite getting 20.

That seems a bit strong. Yes he missed some, but there were plenty of games where we didn't create many chances for him, and perhaps he rushed a few?

Not sure if there are stats available, but I'd like to see his conversion rate (although that in itself is limited as it won't reflect the 'easiness' of the chances) in comparison with others.

I think Doyle will be fine.

Yes he missed a few last season, but the best part of his game relies on being in the right position to score.

You don’t lose that with age and he had to be in those positions to miss.

Granted he has greater competition now and Baka offers something different. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I think Doyle will be fine.

Yes he missed a few last season, but the best part of his game relies on being in the right position to score.

You don’t lose that with age and he had to be in those positions to miss.

Granted he has greater competition now and Baka offers something different. 

I agree entirely. He will also be a marked man, and we saw last season he is able to feed runners, which I'm confident we will see more of as IE demands more goals from his wide men.

I understand concerns about his age and i do think maybe he could and should have scored more last season.  But on the other hand I don't think he was getting a hatful of chances each game. I think we can improve the service to him and there is more to his game than just scoring as well. I like him. 

23 minutes ago, Big E said:

2-0 Bolton. 13547 in attendance.

Sadly empty heads boo the knee

Those who boo might think you’re the empty head though? Personally I don’t really care either way, I just go to watch the football but since this is obviously an issue at all clubs and not likely to go away, wouldn’t it be sensible as grown ups to just find an alternative to taking the knee and it’s links to BLM so that all fans can get behind the anti racism message?

3 hours ago, SirNatsDog said:

Those who boo might think you’re the empty head though? Personally I don’t really care either way, I just go to watch the football but since this is obviously an issue at all clubs and not likely to go away, wouldn’t it be sensible as grown ups to just find an alternative to taking the knee and it’s links to BLM so that all fans can get behind the anti racism message?

they may do. i am happy to accept that because my general rule of thumb is someone who boo's an anit racism stance will not like me for multiple reasons anyway.

Booing reflects badly on the club and fanbase. 

a world where we stop making a stance because racists get offended is a world which should not exist 

• Members
23 minutes ago, Big E said:

they may do. i am happy to accept that because my general rule of thumb is someone who boo's an anit racism stance will not like me for multiple reasons anyway.

a world where we stop making a stance because racists get offended is a world which should not exist 

Well said. 

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Big E said:

That in a nutshell sums up the issue. If folk don't agree, then they're racist. It's bollocks.

A far more nuanced situation, as well you know.

Are they actually booing an anti racism action though Big E, or just the link with BLM? Maybe the mistake was by the PL and EFL for linking the two in the first place because from what I can tell, taking the knee was around long before BLM who jumped on it following the GF killing. Either way, for the sake of peace and to stop fans arguing, can’t we just replace the knee gesture with something else, or bin the link with BLM, because surely if we keep it on its own without the link, the actual kneeling down for a few seconds can’t be that much of a problem, can it?

59 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Well, that's clearly a lie.

Hey, I’m just trying to find a way through this that suits everybody you half wit. Couldn’t give a monkeys either way I’m just there for the football, you’ve obviously got an agenda though. Don’t call me a liar again.

• Members
3 minutes ago, SirNatsDog said:

Hey, I’m just trying to find a way through this that suits everybody you half wit. Couldn’t give a monkeys either way I’m just there for the football, you’ve obviously got an agenda though. Don’t call me a liar again.

Pipe down you twat