Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons (H)

Rudy

How about anyone contemplating booing their own players just stay away? Totally uncalled for when players have given their reasons and all about them showing solidarity against racism. We should be all pulling together I really don't get the booing at all

57 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

How about anyone contemplating booing their own players just stay away? Totally uncalled for when players have given their reasons and all about them showing solidarity against racism. We should be all pulling together I really don't get the booing at all

Lets make it a none booing sport hey! Thats the way its going!

• Members
10 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Sick of this going on about discrimination and racism; this is a sport and shouldn’t get bogged down with BLM rubbish. Let the sheep’s take the knee and let’s just get on with the football. If you want to boo then boo. I won’t

🤡 

13 hours ago, SirNatsDog said:

Hey, I’m just trying to find a way through this that suits everybody you half wit. Couldn’t give a monkeys either way I’m just there for the football, you’ve obviously got an agenda though. Don’t call me a liar again.

a way through that suits everyone? not booing our own players should be that way. No matter what the backward justification the booers try to use. 

14 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That in a nutshell sums up the issue. If folk don't agree, then they're racist. It's bollocks.

A far more nuanced situation, as well you know.

But when the issue is said to support anti racism and not BLM by booing you are. 

9 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Sick of this going on about discrimination and racism; this is a sport and shouldn’t get bogged down with BLM rubbish. Let the sheep’s take the knee and let’s just get on with the football. If you want to boo then boo. I won’t

sound then. best drop the poppy then as well so we don't have to hear the complaints of people not wearing them. 

The booing on Saturday came as a bit of a shock to me. Spoiled the initial excitement of being back in the ground as it's something I hadn't even thought about happening believe it or not. Feeling confident of a good start on Saturday even though I know fuck all about MK Dons current side. 3-1. COYWM.

2 hours ago, Big E said:

a way through that suits everyone? not booing our own players should be that way. No matter what the backward justification the booers try to use. 

But when the issue is said to support anti racism and not BLM by booing you are. 

Look Big E, I’m 100% behind anti racism and I don’t boo but I believe I understand why those that choose to do and it’s not to be racist. Links with a racist (black) diversive political organisation isn’t helping. If players really don’t support BLM, why don’t they cut the link altogether and find an alternative gesture which we can all get behind? Surely that benefits everybody?

2 hours ago, Big E said:

sound then. best drop the poppy then as well so we don't have to hear the complaints of people not wearing them. 

Don’t talk ridiculous. The knee taking took off with BLM who many are opposed to. Totally behind kick it out and would support any anti racism promotion apart from the BLM garbage. I am not going to boo Saturday but I bet not all players really support the gesture hence the sheep comment. What is getting annoying is the divide in this country since BLM and even on a forum like this it’s too much

• Members
4 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Don’t talk ridiculous. The knee taking took off with BLM who many are opposed to. Totally behind kick it out and would support any anti racism promotion apart from the BLM garbage. I am not going to boo Saturday but I bet not all players really support the gesture hence the sheep comment. What is getting annoying is the divide in this country since BLM and even on a forum like this it’s too much

Taking the knee has been going long before    BLM 

The FA & Pl have distanced themselves away from BLM for a long time.

All players get asked whether they want to do it 

Considering there is a large amount of black players in the English game and the unity of players is so strong in clubs your sheep comment and someplayers not supporting the gesture is nonsense. 

Black players getting abuse every game and making a statement of unity despite people still booing and being abusive because of the colour of their skin is a strong spirit 

The people that boo or bang on about being tired of it make me laugh, try being tired of being abused over your skin colour 

Now who’s the fuckin sheep 

24 minutes ago, SirNatsDog said:

Look Big E, I’m 100% behind anti racism and I don’t boo but I believe I understand why those that choose to do and it’s not to be racist. Links with a racist (black) diversive political organisation isn’t helping. If players really don’t support BLM, why don’t they cut the link altogether and find an alternative gesture which we can all get behind? Surely that benefits everybody?

Our players and club have taken the knee as a stance against racism...not BLM. it is that simple.

From the website:

Whether a player, coach, volunteer or  supporter, it has the power to unite people in a way that very few other things can.

Our actions and our support can send a powerful message across the whole country that football is united in the fight against racism and we can all take a stand.

Bolton Wanderers chairman Sharon Brittan said: “As a town Bolton is strengthened by our diverse community and at Bolton Wanderers Football Club, through our work in the community, we are proud to represent all our residents.

“The players are determined to send out a strong and positive message to show that we are all together in the fight against discrimination of any kind.

“We are One Club, One Community, One Town.”

Finding a gesture we can all get behind ? not booing our players is surely something we can get behind?

11 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Taking the knee has been going long before    BLM 

The FA & Pl have distanced themselves away from BLM for a long time.

All players get asked whether they want to do it 

Considering there is a large amount of black players in the English game and the unity of players is so strong in clubs your sheep comment and someplayers not supporting the gesture is nonsense. 

Black players getting abuse every game and making a statement of unity despite people still booing and being abusive because of the colour of their skin is a strong spirit 

The people that boo or bang on about being tired of it make me laugh, try being tired of being abused over your skin colour 

Now who’s the fuckin sheep 

Rudy we have moved a long way since the 80’s and 90’s and I have never seen black players being abused at games I attend in many years. Yes it’s still happening on social media which needs stamping out. Last post on none football related because unfortunately you are not allowed an opinion anymore